IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, waxenol said:

My insurance will cover it. As it was entirely not my fault, my rates better not go up. They said they wouldn't, but time will tell.

Our stupid no fault insurance is ridiculous here...this idiot is unplated and uninsured and 💯 at fault...yet if he has major injuries our healthcare doesn't cover - they go after MY insurer to pay the bill!! Absolutely INSANE. Reason #321 I will be moving to Costa Rica in 9 years when I retire! 😏👌😎

Thats shoddy bro.. sorry you got in an accident with some degenerate 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, waxenol said:

My insurance will cover it. As it was entirely not my fault, my rates better not go up. They said they wouldn't, but time will tell.

Our stupid no fault insurance is ridiculous here...this idiot is unplated and uninsured and 💯 at fault...yet if he has major injuries our healthcare doesn't cover - they go after MY insurer to pay the bill!! Absolutely INSANE. Reason #321 I will be moving to Costa Rica in 9 years when I retire! 😏👌😎

in our country i have protected no claims, i was involved in an accident my protected no claims was protected but what they did do even not my fault hit in the backside they put a "loading on" as i had been involved in an accident therefore they say you are at higher risk.

hence the loading and there is not a thing i could do to change the situtation got think £140 on top, its always in the small print and years ago my sister worked in car insurance and basically said they look to recoupe all costs plus some on top normally. they are never out of pocket on both parties.

personally you should have backed up finished him off xD 

not really but the idea must have some appeal in the satisfaction stakes xD 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

basil xD 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Went to my first live show since covid last night. Got to see Tool! They cancelled on us due to the pandemic, so nice they circle back. Was a blast. The merch stand was ridiculous, didn't even try, but had this guy in the mail when I got home.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

20220318_191046.jpg

20220319_075438.jpg

Edited by defdan14
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, damships said:

So I didn’t get the house. It had 23 offers. We are #2 back up. Because #1 offered straight cash. 😭

I don't understand the American housing market, looking in it seems like the wild west.
Like, why is straight cash valued over a bank loan? Surely the seller gets his or hers in full at once either way, right?
Just seems crazy 🙃

Sorry about the house though, hope you get something you want soon.

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 3

Awards

5 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

I don't understand the American housing market, looking in it seems like the wild west.
Like, why is straight cash valued over a bank loan? Surely the seller gets his or hers in full at once either way, right?
Just seems crazy 🙃

It's absurd. Cash is better so you're not dependent on an appraisal and the bank potentially not wanting to finance for over appraisal, which is what it takes these days. My wife & I just went through it and ended up building instead. Got a great price on our old property, so decided to just get exactly what we wanted. It's definitely the wild west tho. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Just seems crazy 🙃

The seller gets it, but it’s hard to turn down cash. If the house is $375K and they’re saying “Hey, we’ll offer $400K to whatever it’s appraised” it’s hard to turn that down. The only way I can get it is if the people offering cash pull out because they find another house they like more, or if it’s appraises way lower than what they want (let’s say $380K) and they don’t want to pay $20K over. It’s absurd. It’s just a way to put you in the game. If you have the cash and you’re serious, you’re guaranteed. If you have the cash and you’re just wanting to see what deal you can get, it’s a waste of time for us regular people who just want a house to have a house. 

• Like 4

Awards

9 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Any Psychos watching March Madness? 

the simpsons dat ass GIF

GIF by HULU

1 hour ago, defdan14 said:

Went to my first live show since covid last night. Got to see Tool! They cancelled on us due to the pandemic, so nice they circle back. Was a blast. The merch stand was ridiculous, didn't even try, but had this guy in the mail when I got home.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

20220318_191046.jpg

20220319_075438.jpg

Who Is This Owl GIF

14 minutes ago, damships said:

The seller gets it, but it’s hard to turn down cash. If the house is $375K and they’re saying “Hey, we’ll offer $400K to whatever it’s appraised” it’s hard to turn that down. The only way I can get it is if the people offering cash pull out because they find another house they like more, or if it’s appraises way lower than what they want (let’s say $380K) and they don’t want to pay $20K over. It’s absurd. It’s just a way to put you in the game. If you have the cash and you’re serious, you’re guaranteed. If you have the cash and you’re just wanting to see what deal you can get, it’s a waste of time for us regular people who just want a house to have a house. 

You’re looking at houses for $375K+ and worried about joining some Premium GBs 😂 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Basil said:

in our country i have protected no claims, i was involved in an accident my protected no claims was protected but what they did do even not my fault hit in the backside they put a "loading on" as i had been involved in an accident therefore they say you are at higher risk.

hence the loading and there is not a thing i could do to change the situtation got think £140 on top, its always in the small print and years ago my sister worked in car insurance and basically said they look to recoupe all costs plus some on top normally. they are never out of pocket on both parties.

personally you should have backed up finished him off xD 

not really but the idea must have some appeal in the satisfaction stakes xD 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

basil xD 

@Basil @waxenol Here in the US, especially if you have State Farm, we have an option to add Uninsured Motorist so you don't take a hit on it if the other doesn't have insurance. Here where I live, you also get cited and fined for not having insurance as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

@Basil @waxenol Here in the US, especially if you have State Farm, we have an option to add Uninsured Motorist so you don't take a hit on it if the other doesn't have insurance. Here where I live, you also get cited and fined for not having insurance as well.

i thought in america you had to have displayed in windscreen your insurance and mot on a window sticker or is that just a myth?

basil :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil said:

@damships regards housing have you considered doing a self build, like where you buy a plot and build a house from scratch or will a mortgage not cover that there?

basil 👍

@Basil that’s what we did in ‘91 but sure wished we would have built more sq. Footage during our best working salaries *hindsight

lonely arrested development GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, defdan14 said:

No, it definitely is, but people are willing to pay over appraisal & it's easier to do that if you have cash.

excuse me but old saying money talks and people do just through money at there problems regardless.

if they stay there a long while usually can pull the difference back with bit of time any way.

basil 👍

Edited by Basil
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Basil said:

excuse me but old saying money talks and people do just through money at there problems regardless.

if they stay there a long while usually can pull the difference back with bit of time any way.

me and the wife are looking for a new home in the uk, i know specifically which estate we need to live, which is where my elderly parents live and want a forever home up there.

problem is some houses up there people have spent a sh1tload of money on them but then expect to add say £200,000 on top of its real market value.

because say they have spent £100,000 on it but then where there moving too prob in reality need another £100,000.

so end up with some nice houses but the asking price is a joke and they sit there and then you wait for the prices to drop.

biggest problem for us is the houses dont come up for sale on that estate but it has to be there as my wife does not drive and may need the train station later on.

prime example one we liked could not afford we thought worth top £600,000 not £800,000 but it would seem has just sold subject to contract.

all the others this amount of bedrooms was around £600,000.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116909141#/?channel=RES_BUY

not that we have any money near that amount but you can look and dream

and we been looking since last year starting out but you get the drift

think we are getting out priced slowly its a pain

basil 👍

I agree with all that & we basically gave up on finding something in the area we wanted to live because of our unwillingness to massively overpay. We looked at probably 10 or 12 & a lot of times it was sold for well over asking before we could even get an offer in. We got very fortunate to find a development that had new homes available in the area & in our $ range. It will be smaller than we were hoping for, but we are still very excited, & didn't have to bid against anyone, haha. The down side is waiting though. We sold our previous home the beginning of December & our new home wont be ready until June/July. This should be it for us though, & it's not really that long a wait. It's more just living in an Apt until then. After being in a home for so long, you get used to a certain level of privacy. We wanted to time it better, but we had to sell the old home to get our finances in order for the new one. 🤷‍♂️

I hope you & your wife are able to track down something suitable, Basil!! That's a good amount of time to be on the hunt already, but it will happen. 🙂

• Like 3