IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else out there just kicking the can around waiting on the next WeET/Nova/Kimchi announcement?

giphy.gif

This game seems have gone all out on “super premiums” and 2 year releases recently.

giphy.gif

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to look at and see something new, but I’m all CM & MAG’d out. Where’s the staple diet at?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@extantsrevenge @Masterblaster regarding following a thread, is there any way we could have an option of receive a notification every time a post goes up, but without the email?? 🤞🏼

It’s currently all or nothing really, and whilst I am happy to have a tonne of notifications on site when I log, the emails are painful. 😂👍🏼

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Anyone else out there just kicking the can around waiting on the next WeET/Nova/Kimchi announcement?

giphy.gif

This game seems have gone all out on “super premiums” and 2 year releases recently.

giphy.gif

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to look at and see something new, but I’m all CM & MAG’d out. Where’s the staple diet at?! 

giphy.gif

I haven’t really been collecting that long so thought would ask u did they release more a lot quicker before covid hit or was it the same as now? Has WeET done anything other than marvel premiums don’t really know to much about nova and kimchi.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@Pbsw23 Looky 👀 

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (Novamedia Exclusive) (WEA Blu-ray) [Korea]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hecko said:

I haven’t really been collecting that long so thought would ask u did they release more a lot quicker before covid hit or was it the same as now? Has WeET done anything other than marvel premiums don’t really know to much about nova and kimchi.

Mate, pre-COVID we were ALL skint! 😂 The releases were relentless. 😂😂 it’s def gone quiet since the pandemic screwed everything up.

So WeET have only released Marvel Exclusives. There is a WeET Collection line which has WWA steels, and that is much wider than just Marvel. Nova & Blufans used to rule the Marvel roost, but Nova very quickly stepped away. Then with licensing issues with Disney, Blufans  (China) also stepped away.

I am a Big fan of the Korean company’s personally - Nova, Kimchi, WeET & Manta. Kimchi are one of the originals, but they release a lot of other peoples gear under their umbrella. A little like Zavvi releasing Titans of Cult for example, whilst also having Zavvi exclusives.

Korean slips are facing the way you would expect a UK slip/Book to face, whereas the China slips (Blufans/HDZeta) face the other way. It’s a pet hate of mine and so I only buy Blufans WEA’s for the steelbook. 😁

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

@extantsrevenge @Masterblaster regarding following a thread, is there any way we could have an option of receive a notification every time a post goes up, but without the email?? 🤞🏼

It’s currently all or nothing really, and whilst I am happy to have a tonne of notifications on site when I log, the emails are painful. 😂👍🏼

C8BDB527-4BC6-4EFD-9CB3-B024DF8D4BDE.thumb.png.44913e4738995aefd92467f0ec92c711.png

if you click on following then click on change how this notification is sent you can edit how you receive them. I don’t get no emails but have a lot of notifications when come on site. This is on iPhone so dunno if it’s same way on pc/laptop.

• Thanks 3

@Pbsw23 agree with you on notifications needs modifying, think should have option to send an email on individual threads that be good for the group buy update thread xD 

also @Hecko hasn't been around long enough to remember when @Veum was crying about the amount of OCS he was getting billed for per month think was 6 in one at one point. Then he changed to omg im going to have to buy singles :D but we all live and learn that one 👍

also he missed the fun when mike had packed away in the basement a box full of them and could not find them NOW that was epic thread xD 

@Hollywood E Rock remembers that one

Terrence Howard Lucious GIF by Empire FOXhelp me new girl quotes GIF

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

basil xD 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Mate, pre-COVID we were ALL skint! 😂 The releases were relentless. 😂😂 it’s def gone quiet since the pandemic screwed everything up.

So WeET have only released Marvel Exclusives. There is a WeET Collection line which has WWA steels, and that is much wider than just Marvel. Nova & Blufans used to rule the Marvel roost, but Nova very quickly stepped away. Then with licensing issues with Disney, Blufans  (China) also stepped away.

I am Big fan of the Korean company’s personally - Nova, Kimchi, WeET & Manta. Kimchi are one of the originals, but they release a lot of other peoples gear under their umbrella. A little Zavvi releasing Titans of Cult for example, whilst also having Zavvi exclusives.

Korean slips are facing the way you would expect a UK slip/Book to face, whereas the China slips (Blufans/HDZeta) face the other way. It’s a pet hate of mine and so I only buy Blufans WEA’s for the steelbook. 😁

Damn sounds mad trying to keep up must of been crazy. I look back at some of the older releases and they look absolutely mint. I wish could of got kimchi Dusk Till Dawn OC. Nova Gangs of New York I like aswell. I really like Manta and tell you the truth I’m not really that big on Blufans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Pbsw23 agree with you on notifications needs modifying, think should have option to send an email on individual threads that be good for the group buy update thread xD 

also @Hecko hasn't been around long enough to remember when @Veum was crying about the amount of OCS he was getting billed for per month think was 6 in one at one point. Then he changed to omg im going to have to buy singles :D but we all live and learn that one 👍

also he missed the fun when mike had packed away in the basement a box full of them and could not find them NOW that was epic thread xD 

basil xD 

6 OCS in one month wtf can only imagine the price of that 😂Will Smith Fainting GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
45 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

35 minutes ago, Hecko said:

C8BDB527-4BC6-4EFD-9CB3-B024DF8D4BDE.thumb.png.44913e4738995aefd92467f0ec92c711.png

if you click on following then click on change how this notification is sent you can edit how you receive them. I don’t get no emails but have a lot of notifications when come on site. This is on iPhone so dunno if it’s same way on pc/laptop.

We are limited to the functionality available in the system we use. I have all my MP emails automatically going into a specific folder in my email account, easy to do with Gmail and other services. It's much easier to manage that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Hecko said:

Damn sounds mad trying to keep up must of been crazy. I look back at some of the older releases and they look absolutely mint. I wish could of got kimchi Dusk Till Dawn OC. Nova Gangs of New York I like aswell. I really like Manta and tell you the truth I’m not really that big on Blufans.

Mate… I’ve got time for anyone who speaks up against any of the so called big 3! (Blufans/HDZeta/FA).

giphy.gif

I think I have a little bit of a rep for speaking my mind around here…. Haha

giphy.gif

Im not a Zeta fan. I do Very much like Blufans WEAs, but not their slips. And FA are also capable of knocking out some amazing WEA’s, but they are also just as likely to throw together quite a few crappy releases and expect top money for them. Also increasingly hard to collect due to numbers available. 

I find Nova and Kimchi are very underrated these days, but I think that’s because they seem to churn out half the amount that they used to, plus have dropped the MCU which would account for a lot collectors shying away from them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

all out of reactions think you know aswell as I do how that feels lol.

Mate… I’ve got time for anyone who speaks up against any of the so called big 3! (Blufans/HDZeta/FA).

giphy.gif

I think I have a little bit of a rep for speaking my mind around here…. Haha

giphy.gif

Im not a Zeta fan. I do Very much like Blufans WEAs, but not their slips. And FA are also capable of knocking out some amazing WEA’s, but they are also just as likely to throw together quite a few crappy releases and expect top money for them. Also increasingly hard to collect due to numbers available. 

I find Nova and Kimchi are very underrated these days, but I think that’s because they seem to churn out half the amount that they used to, plus have dropped the MCU which would account for a lot collectors shying away from them.

I like marvel but I feel like that’s all they keep doing its kinda why I’m big on CM even tho the wait time is long I don’t mind waiting if it’s worth it in the end. I’m surprised there isn’t a company in America that does premiums like Manta, Blufans etc. I hardly see anything from nova or kimchi looking at there past editions they had some great ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Basil said:

basil xD 

@Basil I’m still paying for those 💳  😒

season 5 episode 21 GIF paying credit card GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hecko said:

I like marvel but I feel like that’s all they keep doing its kinda why I’m big on CM even tho the wait time is long I don’t mind waiting if it’s worth it in the end. I’m surprised there isn’t a company in America that does premiums like Manta, Blufans etc. I hardly see anything from nova or kimchi looking at there past editions they had some great ones.

I feel the same way about BvsS and Justice League! 😂 How many edits/cuts/versions do we need? 😄 WW was the same, pretty sure everyone had a stab at that one. I completely understand the point of view from collectors who aren’t about Marvel, but at least it only appears to be FA & WeET doing them now. It was everyone at one stage.

Good point about an American company, but if there is to be one, you know it will be MP! 😉 John keeps taking his model up a level each year. It’s surely only a matter of time following the Broad Nation announcement for Edge of Tomorrow, although that is technically another China release.

Ive not looked for a while but the Nova John Wick & Drive we’re some very nice and highly sought after releases. Thankfully for most collectors, Nova revisited JW in 4K and Manta gave us Drive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Hecko Spoke too soon! 😂

😂 Thats mad will interesting to see how well they do with the films they have picked.

22 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I feel the same way about BvsS and Justice League! 😂 How many edits/cuts/versions do we need? 😄 WW was the same, pretty sure everyone had a stab at that one. I completely understand the point of view from collectors who aren’t about Marvel, but at least it only appears to be FA & WeET doing them now. It was everyone at one stage.

Good point about an American company, but if there is to be one, you know it will be MP! 😉 John keeps taking his model up a level each year. It’s surely only a matter of time following the Broad Nation announcement for Edge of Tomorrow, although that is technically another China release.

Ive not looked for a while but the Nova John Wick & Drive we’re some very nice and highly sought after releases. Thankfully for most collectors, Nova revisited JW in 4K and Manta gave us Drive.

Yeah I think everyone has ago literally just take it in turns. That broad nation looks pretty good I haven’t gone for it tho got too much money already coming out lol. The John Wick is really sought after these days did a really good job with it. I saw a few in johns end of year sale. I don’t mind WeET with marvel they always seem to do really well for me.

• Like 1