IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning/evening everyone.

After a few days dedicated to family, I have been diving into a few unboxing videos, and while being very respectful of people who spend their time making videos that are very useful to many of us, several rebels ideas have come to my head:

• Why in some videos you see the author's face for longer than the edition itself? Why do they think that their faces interest us so much that the edition is something secondary? 
  • Why are there so few unboxings that show a fixed clear plane of the features of the edition on the back cover,  so important and not always available -or definitive- in the usual stores and editions pages?
  • Why some times they don't clearly show the contents of the booklets, additional sheets, or other paper additional elements?
  • Why somethimes they don't include a shot of each side of the edition... without running or cut from front to back?

This can be extended to a lot of review websites. I like to find out about the image & sound quality of an edition that interests me a lot, but... it's very curious that a lot of times they don't see necessary to include all the disc features in the analysis. Not even all the languages available on the disc, as this is one of the most sought information by fans who make international purchases.

Some things are understandable, everyone does the best they can; but other things ... It's curious.

This is why I love the illustrative or example videos posted on the Media Psychos Twitter/FB account. Concrete, direct, putting the issue first.

• Like 4

On 4/2/2021 at 5:25 PM, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh my gosh 🤢 not me...

image.gif.38e4d1758a3cfd5a5b94435b8d7eec2e.gif

Dear @Veum,  I understand you. Cultural differences are clearly materialized in food.

I can't say that all the Americans liked it, but I do say that all the Americans who liked it later just wanted to eat more and more.

International food is like Forrest Gump's chocolates, you never know what will come.

In my case, whenever I travel, I like to taste new things. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a disaster......, but it's worth it. And sometimes, when you are in a different place, on a unique occasion, you have to take advantage of it. Especially if you think that we all eat things that may seem strange to others.

Don't do like a group of German colleagues with whom I was visiting various places in Spain a few years ago, who just wanted to eat Big Macs. Nothing more. Some of the best and most famous places to eat in front of us, and we had to walk in the sun to look for Big Macs ... 
Because they were true good people, and very funny, otherwise I would have killed them... 😂

To eat the usual we already have our houses. Although in some countries sometimes it's better not to ask what is that so tasty that we are chewing. Sure. 😉

5 hours ago, chingie123 said:

I prefer pulpo a gallega more than this ICmtsWO.jpg

Obviously!!! 

As a Galician I can only agree with you !!! 😍

You have a good taste 😉

The first is the first. And the first thing is to eat well. Always. Anywhere.

Pulpo a la gallega, o "Pulpo á feira" (=Octopus in galician style) it's the one of the second photo that I had put. Genuine, special, and tasty. 

And great parties are made with this type of food in summer in a lot of places here...

pulpo+carba.jpg

Among all the cities and towns, we have more than 3,500 food festivals a year, all dedicated to some local food, be it meat, fish, or seafood. Add to that that we have good wines, and you will understand how my friends end up each summer. 

Eat well, drink well, and have good collector's editions. This was happiness, right?

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Dear @Veum,  I understand you. Cultural differences are clearly materialized in food.

I can't say that all the Americans liked it, but I do say that all the Americans who liked it later just wanted to eat more and more.

International food is like Forrest Gump's chocolates, you never know what will come.

In my case, whenever I travel, I like to taste new things. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a disaster......, but it's worth it. And sometimes, when you are in a different place, on a unique occasion, you have to take advantage of it. Especially if you think that we all eat things that may seem strange to others.

Don't do like a group of German colleagues with whom I was visiting various places in Spain a few years ago, who just wanted to eat Big Macs. Nothing more. Some of the best and most famous places to eat in front of us, and we had to walk in the sun to look for Big Macs ... 
Because they were true good people, and very funny, otherwise I would have killed them... 😂

To eat the usual we already have our houses. Although in some countries sometimes it's better not to ask what is that so tasty that we are chewing. Sure. 😉

Obviously!!! 

As a Galician I can only agree with you !!! 😍

You have a good taste 😉

The first is the first. And the first thing is to eat well. Always. Anywhere.

Pulpo a la gallega, o "Pulpo á feira" (=Octopus in galician style) it's the one of the second photo that I had put. Genuine, special, and tasty. 

And great parties are made with this type of food in summer in a lot of places here...

pulpo+carba.jpg

Among all the cities and towns, we have more than 3,500 food festivals a year, all dedicated to some local food, be it meat, fish, or seafood. Add to that that we have good wines, and you will understand how my friends end up each summer. 

Eat well, drink well, and have good collector's editions. This was happiness, right?

@Casiusco, if I were to visit you I would not have you take me for Big Macs nor octopus 🐙... I value my gastrointestinal & do not want to end up in one of your hospitals 🏥 🤣 ... would spaghetti & a Mediterranean salad 🥗 do? 🧐 

If you have a lot of those beautiful women on your streets, I’d have to visit you alone hehe..

high five college basketball GIF by Butler University

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Good Morning , I hope not to many of you have this feeling right now.

ZQzgNo6.gif

Oh nice to see this neighbor making a return, fits nicely in thin tuesday too. You must have taken the hint @Hollywood E Rock (I included her in my favorite Fit Friday post 😃)

On 3/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

pPPuJOT.jpg

18 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

A84okyz.jpg

Also want to mention another nice addition to your neighborhood, who made 2 appearances in just 3 days, now I think she could also pull off Sexy Saturday & Wet Wednesday 👌

On 4/2/2021 at 7:06 AM, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

7AKzpAg.jpg

On 4/4/2021 at 7:09 AM, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Qw6L3b2.jpg

Wishing you all a great day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Good Morning , I hope not to many of you have this feeling right now.

ZQzgNo6.gif

Oh nice to see this neighbor making a return, fits nicely in thin tuesday too. You must have taken the hint @Hollywood E Rock (I included her in my favorite Fit Friday post 😃)

Also want to mention another nice addition to your neighborhood, who made 2 appearances in just 3 days, now I think she could also pull off Sexy Saturday & Wet Wednesday 👌

Wishing you all a great day.

When the shoe fits my friend. Some neighbors definitely fit more than one day, & I figured no one would mind.

Oh Yea GIF by memecandy

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Casiusco, if I were to visit you I would not have you take me for Big Macs nor octopus 🐙... I value my gastrointestinal & do not want to end up in one of your hospitals 🏥 🤣 ... would spaghetti & a Mediterranean salad 🥗 do? 🧐 

Absolutely!!

But... 

We have one of the healthiest food cultures you can find. That is why we are tough, resistant people. My grandmother was in her 90s and she was still climbing on the roof of her house to fix it. At 92 she told me that she would soon have to start saving money for old age. She died at the age of 99 eating meat for dinner and drinking wine every night.

My other grandmother is going to be 94 years old. She still eats a lot everyday. And my only grandfather who died did so at 88, the youngest.

It's not a bad diet, buddy. ;) 

The trick is not to eat meat or fish, vegetables or spaghetti. The trick is that you can still find very good meat, very good fish, and very good vegetables; natural products, from the land, without so many chemical preservatives and industrial additives. I suppose we all have places like this in almost every country, places with a long tradition of agriculture, farming and fishing, great to have good food.

But, in general, in Spain you can eat well, but especially in the north you eat very, very well. In fact we eat a lot more than those of the south. It will be things of the weather. 

And when you travel, you can find food that you like, and things that you don't like, it's normal. But it's always good to try new things, or so I think and do in my trips.

Although yes, there are places in the world where your stomach can end up in shock. I know from my own experience. The point is to know if the risk is worth it. In my case, here is only one thing that can shock you: "Padrón peppers". They are very tasty, and although many are not spicy, others a little,... and some make your mouth burn. Finding them is almost a game. We don't have a spicy food culture at all, none, but they are tasty, and sometimes that little risk is funny. 

Of course, not everyone is Ironman to try it with "Padrón peppers" when you're in a tasting session in Europe....

pimiento.jpg

13 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you have a lot of those beautiful women on your streets, I’d have to visit you alone hehe..

Well, the legend says that just as in the north of Spain there is better food, in the south there are more beautiful women, but it is a cliché, in reality there is everything in all places.  I suppose. Really, it's subjective.

The problem is that if you tell at home that you need to come to Spain alone ... maybe she doesn't think that you are only interested in the "Prado Museum", and when you return home your film collection is placed elsewhere:

496344.gif

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Benoit46 said:

Mean Girls Hello GIF by filmeditor

Have a good day PsychooOoos !!

FB-IMG-1617292490761.jpg

scarlett johansson wow GIF

Are you aware of what you are causing in the community?

People see this Scarlett photos every day, then they sit on their sofa, they look at whoever is sitting next to them, and they think they have done something wrong in their life.

096019d5184777899d2a03caa61d021f.gif

You should include in these wonderful posts a legal warning: do not try it at home!

:D

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Reveal hidden contents

3Qw5m9w.jpg

9hcjbI5.jpg

Icda961.jpg

ZqWHYLO.jpg

UrelQPI.jpg

WntLlOc.jpg

A84okyz.jpg

3kwM1k5.jpg

3snBkLf.jpg

glkXmoq.jpg

YDlRJ8V.jpg

XmXOu2L.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are doing good today! Here’s to us experiencing a Tuesday that’s even better than our Monday!

giphy.gif

Now that Scarlett can't hear us ... man, you were especially inspired today.

MeanSlipperyAfricanpiedkingfisher-small.

;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 6

Il y a 4 heures, Hollywood E Rock a dit :

THIN Tuesday

Révéler le contenu masqué

3Qw5m9w.jpg

9hcjbI5.jpg

Icda961.jpg

ZqWHYLO.jpg

UrelQPI.jpg

WntLlOc.jpg

A84okyz.jpg

3kwM1k5.jpg

3snBkLf.jpg

glkXmoq.jpg

YDlRJ8V.jpg

XmXOu2L.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are doing good today! Here’s to us experiencing a Tuesday that’s even better than our Monday!

giphy.gif

relieved pittsburgh pirates GIF by MLB

many thanks my friend

I told you I would be back on Tuesday, it seems I did well

and besides I found a new hidden bunny 😂

Révélation

84111724_Capturedcran2021-04-06111835.thumb.png.dfacdedd995d94ce021fb0c6575b06a9.png

have a good day English room 

• Haha 5