IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Today I have been reflecting a little on humor, humor and different cultures.

There are countries - or environments - where you can make jokes about anything, and others where you cannot. The same themes can be seen as something common, or something untouchable, depending on the country, the culture, and sometimes even depending on the people.

And the same comment can be seen as something nice or not, made with good intention or bad intention, typical of a good or bad person, depending on who receives it.

1485774231-peepshow.gif

Furthermore, our lives and our circumstances are often quite different.

Can you make jokes about the coronavirus?
And about politics?
And about religion?

Of course, sometimes there are topics that are better not to touch. But, at the same time, there are people who touch them but without bad intention.

d069c09ef50bde15e9b3a2a5b5522e71.gif

The fact that someone else has a different culture than yours, where he/she can make jokes about anything, including about what is important to you, is it disrespectful?

There are not easy answers.

In fact, for example, in my culture -or point of view...-  making a joke about something doesn't imply that you agree with the message, or that you are positioned: you are only making a joke, the most important thing is to be funny, not the content. But in other places if you criticize something by making a joke, you are against it.

ezgif.com-optimize-9.gif

This is a morning reflection, thinking about how peaceful and pleasant this community is, and how generous people are, accepting different points of view. It's true that there are topics that are not touched, or not too much; but it's not necessary either, we don't come here for that.

7WZhlBqVBWn1-gJ5AH0qtYHtWU7E_YUiYIS4kWTF

But even so, here people are as joking as they are respectful, both when it comes to saying something and when it comes to accepting that others say things that are contrary to what you think.

And yes, these deep reflections is what happens when it is 12pm, and you still haven't had time to have breakfast after several hours of work. Now it is too late. I'm going to have tea in honor of our English psychos waiting for the lunchtime.

tumblr_meo0z1pwst1qbljqoo1_500.gif?resiz

Have a great day!

Very well said my friend @Casiusco!😉

Peeps everywhere just need to...

200.gif

• Like 2

Tagging some frenchies in to the English room this afternoon, @Benoit46 @R1s1ngs0n @bilbon @GANTZ @romain I've just finished watching Lupin on Netflix have any of yous guys watched it yet. Really enjoyed it, the main actor did a great job and loved the score and pacing of this mini series. I've enjoyed a few of Louis leterrirer films over the years and liked his direction in this too. A couple of plot holes yes but it's fun tv so I can let it slide. Any of you guys watched it?????

MV5BNzRlNGUzMmEtYTg0Ni00N2U2LTg4YWEtNDdlNmMwYjBlZDQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Robertm89

I have a problem with the series, I still can not go to the end or it does not make me want, because I am not a fan of this medium, and especially French, after, I heard  good so I'm not surprised by your analysis, I don't think I'll watch it, the only series that I risk to follow to the end, it will be The Lord of the Rings qur Amazon prime, ha and I forgot the Marvel series  if and only if they are well screwed, I'm on Wanda Vision and for now, it's okay 😉 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bilbon said:

@Robertm89

I have a problem with the series, I still can not go to the end or it does not make me want, because I am not a fan of this medium, and especially French, after, I heard  good so I'm not surprised by your analysis, I don't think I'll watch it, the only series that I risk to follow to the end, it will be The Lord of the Rings qur Amazon prime, ha and I forgot the Marvel series  if and only if they are well screwed, I'm on Wanda Vision and for now, it's okay 😉 

That's fair enough mate, it won't be for everybody. I'm loving Wandavision so far..love the route they've taken with it..💩 is gonna go down really soon on that show lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock you have a nice nappy 😝 

White House Twitch GIF

@Veum

giphy.gif

Not yet, Erica’s father’s birthday is today so I’m up longer than usual. At this very moment I feel pretty woke. Not sure how long I’ll last though, but I’m going to push it

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

giphy.gif

Not yet, Erica’s father’s birthday is today so I’m up longer than usual. At this very moment I feel pretty woke. Not sure how long I’ll last though, but I’m going to push it

giphy.gif

@Hollywood E Rock please send off my happy birthday 🎁🎂🎊🎈🎉 wishes toward Erica’s father for me, won’t you 😘

Happy Birthday GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Thanks 1

il y a une heure, Robertm89 a dit :

Tagging some frenchies in to the English room this afternoon, @Benoit46 @R1s1ngs0n @bilbon @GANTZ @romain I've just finished watching Lupin on Netflix have any of yous guys watched it yet. Really enjoyed it, the main actor did a great job and loved the score and pacing of this mini series. I've enjoyed a few of Louis leterrirer films over the years and liked his direction in this too. A couple of plot holes yes but it's fun tv so I can let it slide. Any of you guys watched it?????

MV5BNzRlNGUzMmEtYTg0Ni00N2U2LTg4YWEtNDdlNmMwYjBlZDQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Still not watching the show , i got some " issues " with the main character , i watch it soon ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

Spoiler

XzGfChv.jpg

hdL8Wjh.jpg

uRsR8oj.jpg

MbkQIfN.jpg

qtsheEz.jpg

1ju0Ei3.jpg

bGFMkId.jpg

F3DPyYQ.jpg

CDfJtNz.jpg

DC8ihnk.jpg

jO9YYvj.jpg

Bed19vA.jpg

80gT1pY.jpg

EqjK9jY.jpg

mQ7Mcpl.jpg

BeY1eZ7.jpg

D1JQVaF.jpg

0bLqezz.jpg

@Trianna @Scary Hair

Spoiler

V3SFaqe.jpg

MFZPdd9.jpg

wghmmVn.jpg

qqvSSav.jpg

tJVNtCR.jpg

YchaHro.jpg

ZeC2wt2.jpg

lFuKAot.jpg

Ju8UI8a.jpg

6jUXS3M.jpg

bAJfRfC.jpg

7VIlG6A.jpg

rH9W3VM.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Today is the day to wash away all the stresses of the week! Here’s to everyone having  a Fantastic Friday!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

SEXY Saturday

Spoiler

vwK4GpW.jpg

nXMjQ8W.jpg

rTqcKjw.jpg

G3UhMoc.jpg

NQfiVlz.jpg

Ce7mtgX.jpg

krCJUL9.jpg

Fly1RBW.jpg

e7DeO0E.jpg

Fio6bMg.jpg

mME34A7.jpg

yfo3ikb.jpg

dpMoLJe.jpg

CmwOhsl.jpg

JeqlEJd.jpg

jRZdgDk.jpg

qxvykeM.jpg

I7cMUx4.jpg

a1DyPm4.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope everyone is feeling good & doing good! Here’s to everyone enjoying a Sensational Saturday!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3