IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm not sure where else to post this... Do you guys ever reminisce about a positive memory when it comes to acquiring a steelbook or special release?

I just saw a classified ad for someone searching for Elektra FAC and it reminded me of this guy selling his brand new copy on eBay that I haggled with through best offer and eBay messages 2-3 years ago. He was super nice and he said he'd do X amount because he'd feel better knowing it's going to a real collector who wants it. I still own that Elektra FAC to this day and I think about that guy and how kind he was! :)  Sometimes I miss people like that in the community.

I've also had positive memories with @45Caliber. We used to split boxsets together all of the time. I also bought a couple of releases off of him. I loved it and it was our thing, and it saved me money because half of the time I couldn't afford the full boxset right off the bat 🤣 So I'd paid him for my portion and wait for release day :D Those were great times. I also remember him building his shelves from Fry's Electronics and how big his collection got so quick!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

^^ Good post @atomicblonde ;

I know @45Caliber is on a leave of absence but I do hope all is well for him. 🥰

I have fond memories of a few acquisitions but as they say, you'll always remember your "first".

My first Steelbook, was actually a dvd.

It was Lynch's "DUNE" (a flik which I still very much enjoy regardless of the weird stuff, heh).

I saw it on a shelf back in the day when we had HMV in Canada still and thought it quite odd and rare since had not seen one before.

Still have it of course and eventually placed the latest Blu copy inside it together with the dvd (hub holds both and dvd is extended edition).

My second was also a dvd, for "Boondock Saints" same place, a bit later.

That was it, I was hooked....

Ah, if my bank account had known then, what it knows now, it would have placed a hit contract on me...🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I suppose this is as good a place as any to point this out.

Perhaps a few of you are fans of the film "Leon" with Reno, Oldman and Portman ?

So, could you by chance see it as a 'comedy' ?

Well, looks like Director Jeff Lau has, since he has now released on Blu;

"Out Of The Dark" (1995) with Stephen Chow in the role.

BLU-RAY / Out Of The Dark (700 NUMBERED)

I have not yet seen it but it is rated as a Comedy/Horror and is different...

I've ordered my copy at Nova ($25Usd), it may come elsewhere as well.

Link;

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-out-of-the-dark-700-numbered/2039/?cate_no=130&display_group=1

😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I suppose this is as good a place as any to point this out.

Perhaps a few of you are fans of the film "Leon" with Reno, Oldman and Portman ?

So, could you by chance see it as a 'comedy' ?

Well, looks like Director Jeff Lau has, since he has now released on Blu;

"Out Of The Dark" (1995) with Stephen Chow in the role.

BLU-RAY / Out Of The Dark (700 NUMBERED)

I have not yet seen it but it is rated as a Comedy/Horror and is different...

I've ordered my copy at Nova ($25Usd), it may come elsewhere as well.

Link;

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-out-of-the-dark-700-numbered/2039/?cate_no=130&display_group=1

😀

What a STUNNING SLIP  Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

There were hints a while ago, that Besson was going to do a semi-sequel, with Portman taking up the mantle as 'cleaner'.

I wonder why that never happened?

She's not my fave actress but she is a good actress (with the right script) and I think could pull it off.  🤔

@Grendel

Could be because of creative reasons. Sometimes good ideas don’t always make for an easy script to write. It could that Besson had some ideas, but nothing great enough to fully commit to a whole movie. Or it could be that there was other projects that he was more excited about so this idea got put on the back burner.

Either way I agree with your feelings about Portman. When I see her staring in a movie I don’t immediately get excited, but I have seen her in enough to know that when all the pieces are right, she is really good.

• Like 2

🥤 Mail Call today!🤠 🎬😇😷

Just arrived from our Mailman hey!🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

AD6A1F16-1E79-473B-8DC8-B03C72987719.png.d713ae96acd71b0329633159f750a13f.png BEST BUY.com

OCEAN’S 8 4K UHD/SB/BD/DC

EBAY.com

The Godfather Collection Blu-ray

HMV Exclusive DigiPack / 45th Anniversary Edition / Omerta EditionParamount Pictures | 1972-1990 | 3 Movies | 549 min |

image.thumb.jpeg.62dea24a0ac76b8bab3622739b97e9ba.jpeg

The Next Level (WeET COLLETION Collection #18) (4K UHD /2D WWA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

Lenticular(O-ring Case) Type B Edition(2Disc: 4K UHD+BD)

A853AE5F-A42B-425F-9894-264048F78A83.thumb.jpeg.afa276598653090c796c265389dffb2f.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:

Look here @Hollywood E Rock Do you get Discovery Channel

on tonight 8PM EST

Street Outlaws: Memphis - S4 E9 “Beat Me in St. Louis“

image.jpeg.c4fdf4894fc8e874405092017dfbd7df.jpeg

@Veum

giphy.gif

I don’t have regular television anymore though

giphy.gif

Me & Erica only use streaming services now like Amazon Prime, Netflix etc, etc. That’s very cool that an episode is featuring my city. Maybe I can find it online & watch it 🤔.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

giphy.gif

I don’t have regular television anymore though

giphy.gif

Me & Erica only use streaming services now like Amazon Prime, Netflix etc, etc. That’s very cool that an episode is featuring my city. Maybe I can find it online & watch it 🤔.

Yeah @Hollywood E Rock it will be on YouTube soon enough, just wait a little bit!😉

JJ da boss’s wife Tricia is a great/fast driver in her HEFER & a HOT MAMA to boot!😘

delicious cute girl GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
22 minutes ago, Veum said:

Yeah @Hollywood E Rock it will be on YouTube soon enough, just wait a little bit!😉

JJ da boss’s wife Tricia is a great/fast driver in her HEFER & a HOT MAMA to boot!😘

delicious cute girl GIF

@Hollywood E Rock

You can follow Street Outlaws: Memphis online here Discovery.com/Memphis, great watching my friend! 🏎 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 25 minutes, Hollywood E Rock a dit :

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Révéler le contenu masqué

wPBxmGF.jpg

1YEEhLq.jpg

T872lMx.jpg

Sba9KT4.jpg

P8zt9Bh.jpg

4iKxsUu.jpg

oEywy9p.jpg

IxMf0kq.jpg

DAl8u5L.jpg

OGIuvUo.jpg

G4PaRWm.jpg

4xjMVxy.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are feeling good today! Here’s to everyone having a Terrific Tuesday!

giphy.gif

hot jenna fischer GIF

hot james mcavoy GIF

You make my day @Hollywood E Rock !! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So um, @Basil I love your Welcome NA new members post guiding them here but. ah...

I guess it's true, you Brits still think of us Canucks as 'Colonials', eh?

Well I figure, why else the small "c" in "canadian' titling your post?

Ya know, it won't take much in the midst of a covid-crisis for us "hewers of wood and drawers of water" to rip up that Confederation document and pull a 1776 on yer arse!  🤡

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So um, @Basil I love your Welcome NA new members post guiding them here but. ah...

I guess it's true, you Brits still think of us Canucks as 'Colonials', eh?

Well I figure, why else the small "c" in "canadian' titling your post?

Ya know, it won't take much in the midst of a covid-crisis for us "hewers of wood and drawers of water" to rip up that Confederation document and pull a 1776 on yer arse!  🤡

@Grendel

I was just in that area, & I noticed that also

giphy.gif

• Haha 3