IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning/afternoon!

Yesterday I saw "The Infiltrator" (2017), and yes, it's an entertaining story, but my god, what a waste: the cast is very good, the story is entertaining and gives a lot of play, it's even based on real facts; and yet, the movie is vulgar, almost like a more elaborate telefilm, without any ambition, when with those ingredients something much better could have been cooked.

I'm sure @Hollywood E Rock would have cooked it better. ;) 

But, seriously, I saw it, I had an entertaining time, and I won't see it again. I don't know why it didn't turn out better, but you're left with the feeling that it could have been so much more.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Hello folks.  Missed everyone, been a rough week.  Got in an order of 4K editions and mostly haven’t taken pics because my back exploded last week and standing is not pleasant.  I’ve failed!  Anyway, missed you guys.

I watched the Blue Velvet 4K last night.  Man.  Standard caveat that it’s an occasionally brutal movie that isn’t for everyone.  This transfer is beautiful.  

There’s a tendency I think to focus on resolution and color when it comes to 4K, for obvious reasons, and undersell what it can do for depth of field.  Man, I’ve never felt this much like I was in Dorothy Vallens apartment.  And there are things I picked up that Lynch undoubtedly meant to show me that I don’t think I had noticed before.  Really worthwhile transfer for anyone who loves David Lynch (like all things Lynch, probably a hard pass for most normal folks, which I’ve always understood).

You are wrong. We are the normal ones, we are the realists.

They are the ones who live in an unreal world where everything is clean and perfect, everything is always tidy, and Lynch is a weird guy. ;) 

get-real-david-lynch.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boilersteel said:

And then there is this ......... Just stunning, ref should have just put on his Uruguay jersey 😬

Amazing.

Scandalous.

The referee cannot be a referee again.

I understand you because my team is a small team in La Liga and when they play against big teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona, similar things happen. But at that level, national teams, and supposedly with the best referees?

No, it shouldn't happen.

It's a scandal.

The US Soccer Federation should get serious about this.

By the way, Luca de la Torre is player in my team. ;) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

And then there is this ......... Just stunning, ref should have just put on his Uruguay jersey 😬

Maybe the ref was on a bribe?

Or maybe Uruguay drug lords had told him he and his family would be on a hit if it didn't go a certain way🤣🤣🤣

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1

🤠 Happy Thursday to you all! 🙋🏻‍♂️:)

Happy Thursday GIF

Happy 4th of the July to us! 🇺🇸 :) 

Independence Day Celebration GIF by Millions

Independence Day, known colloquially as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States which commemorates the ratification of the Declaration of Independence by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, establishing the United States of America. 

The Founding Father delegates of the Second Continental Congress declared that the Thirteen Colonies were no longer subject (and subordinate) to the monarch of Britain, King George III, and were now united, free, and independent states. The Congress voted to approve independence by passing the Lee Resolution  on July 2 and adopted the Declaration of Independence two days later, on July 4.

Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, political speeches, and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of  the United States.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!

Not so long ago it seemed like a long time ago...

something impossible...

one of those things that you dream of but that are destroyed when you see the sad reality

But in spite of that

and the fears that it would never happen...

It's Friday again today! Incredible!

4f2ee30936420dff2b8cb1dcf3a5e5fbad5dd679

There are millions of things to do. Don't forget to be happy... and to sign up for as many GBs as you can! ;)

In the end they are very similar :D 

• Like 4