IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Happy Sunday, Psychos! Wife and I are going to go see Poor Things this afternoon, we've both been champing at the bit to check that out. We revisited The Lobster last night to get in the mood for some Yorgos weirdness. Such a gem, that film.

Also, my clumsy self fell down the stairs again last night and everything hurts, so I'm looking forward to kickin' back in a theater recliner. 😆

Family Guy Stairs GIF

• Like 3

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Happy Sunday, Psychos! Wife and I are going to go see Poor Things this afternoon, we've both been champing at the bit to check that out. We revisited The Lobster last night to get in the mood for some Yorgos weirdness. Such a gem, that film.

Also, my clumsy self fell down the stairs again last night and everything hurts, so I'm looking forward to kickin' back in a theater recliner. 😆

Family Guy Stairs GIF

@hansreinhardt The Lobster doesn’t really sound/look like my “cup of tea”…

not really into a lot of “weirdness” type of films! 🤷‍♂️ 

I hope you are going to feel better soon my good friend from your fall! 🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Family Guy Stairs GIF

You probably shouldn’t go see Anatomy of a Fall.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Veum said:

@Heywoodmoutaw this might be a great road trip idea 💡 for this ‘Ol crew 😂 😆 😝 to Nashville, TN…

would love this, I’ll let them know but maybe too far away for them but not for me! 😝 🙏 

tennessee GIF

Come on!  It’s a fun town.  That’s a great shot of the most famous part of Broadway.

• Like 2

Dear Psychos, I hope you all have had a great weekend.

I didn't have time to see movies, only on friday a local comedy with my daughter. 

And it's funny, because between the days when I haven't had time because of work, and now because of other commitments,... it makes me think it's the best entertainment in the world.

It's not playing this, or doing that, it's a gateway to a whole world so varied and so different, that I need my little dose soon.

Maybe because we are human, and storytelling is something connatural that has made us grow and enjoy for centuries. And no, you can call me a boomer, but I don't enjoy the videos that many people make on Youtube or TikTok. I tried to watch a couple of videos by a very famous Spanish Youtuber, they were 7 minutes long, and I had trouble holding on until the end. What a bore. I held on just to be able to say: "I saw it, I know what it is".

So that's it: a film will soon be the best pleasure. ;)

• Like 5

On 2/2/2024 at 4:49 AM, LeadFarmer said:

goodnight hope you all had a good day. see you in the a.m.

simon pegg falling GIF

I've seen this GIF again... and I love it.

It reminds me of the end of the pre-credits scene in "Ocean's Twelve". When Brad Pitt is in a flat with Catherine Zeta-Jones, and suddenly finds out she's an inspector, and has to leave.

For a long time in my group of friends we used to make the joke that every guy has to do that sometime, to climb out of the window and escape from a girl's flat.  

As there are currently no girls in this thread, I can make this joke openly. Although the truth is that seeing some of the guys out there in the world, they would have to escape through the window more than once.

Anyway, the day you do, if you haven't, you'll be one of us.

PS: What I don't understand is how nobody has made a GIF of that moment until now. Soderbergh did it perfectly, stopping the jump and putting the credits.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Legends of the Fall more a propos.  

Anyone else got one?

Seriously though, hope you’re not hurt too badly @hansreinhardt.  I see a toddler gate as my secret Santa gift to you next year.  

Skyfall? Best I got 😆

Thanks man. It's not too bad thankfully. The stairs in our house aren't up to code so they're basically deathtraps, so I've got a contractor coming out next week to take a look. The perils of owning a 150+ year old house!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

It reminds me of the end of the pre-credits scene in "Ocean's Twelve". When Brad Pitt is in a flat with Catherine Zeta-Jones, and suddenly finds out she's an inspector, and has to leave.

For a long time in my group of friends we used to make the joke that every guy has to do that sometime, to climb out of the window and escape from a girl's flat.  

As there are currently no girls in this thread, I can make this joke openly. Although the truth is that seeing some of the guys out there in the world, they would have to escape through the window more than once.

PS: What I don't understand is how nobody has made a GIF of that moment until now. Soderbergh did it perfectly, stopping the jump and putting the credits.

I have an embarrassing one, will get the embarrassing part out of the way first: when I was in high school I had a waterbed.

Anyway, I was in the waterbed with a girl, not expecting my parents to be home for quite some time.  It would be fine with them that she was there, would probably not be ok that we were naked.  

As soon as I hear them, I go to roll out of the waterbed.  My foot got caught between the mattress and the sideboard, I went to catch myself on the floor and somehow caught myself on my pinky finger first.  Broke my pinky finger.  We somehow managed to be dressed by the time my parents got all the way in the house but I was having to hide the fact that I was in intense pain.

I have two very crooked pinky fingers, and that’s how one of them happened.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I've had to quickly escape out the back of sweethearts house a few times when her parents came home. Her dad was about 6'6 pushing 300 pounds of fafo which I was not willing to find out. Had to be line out the back door one floor house with Prince and Lady her little rat dogs nipping at my heels only to jump over the back gate and almost get bit again by the dog who genuinely looked like he fell into a tub of gamma radiation in the yard directly across from her backyard pretty much coming through his owners ragedy back fence on this extremely small alley. Came out of the alley with bruises and a few cuts from those weeds that have the prickly bits on them. She was worth it though.

• Haha 4

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be  🌤️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Happy Work From Home GIF by Scaler

0%
Mild with plenty of sunshine; the stretch of dry and mild weather to continue

RealFeel®50°

RealFeel Shade™47°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindNNE 8 mph

• Like 4

Happy Monday All. I hope you had an awesome weekend!

Fails Star Wars GIF by LEGO

9 Days Until Valentine's Day!

18 Days Until SwornFest

103 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

123 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

159 Days Until Retro Expo

264 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

268 Days Until Halloween

297 Days Until Thanksgiving

324 Days Until Christmas

331 Days Until New Year

• Like 7

Good night, dear Psychos.

Yes, Monday is almost finished. 

It's funny how time goes by faster and faster over the years. It still seems like yesterday when I first came to this wonderful community, and I've been here for more than 4 years now.

In this case, I have a lot of work to do this month, so I could almost slow down a bit.

And when I'm resting or enjoying myself, it's also good to slow down a bit.

Oh hell, which GB do you have to sign up for to slow down time?

Gif-Clock.gif

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I have an embarrassing one, will get the embarrassing part out of the way first: when I was in high school I had a waterbed.

Anyway, I was in the waterbed with a girl, not expecting my parents to be home for quite some time.  It would be fine with them that she was there, would probably not be ok that we were naked.  

As soon as I hear them, I go to roll out of the waterbed.  My foot got caught between the mattress and the sideboard, I went to catch myself on the floor and somehow caught myself on my pinky finger first.  Broke my pinky finger.  We somehow managed to be dressed by the time my parents got all the way in the house but I was having to hide the fact that I was in intense pain.

I have two very crooked pinky fingers, and that’s how one of them happened.

And a great story!

Thank you very much for sharing it. I loved it.

Of course, we can say that that girl "left her mark" on you. ;) 

21 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I've had to quickly escape out the back of sweethearts house a few times when her parents came home. Her dad was about 6'6 pushing 300 pounds of fafo which I was not willing to find out. Had to be line out the back door one floor house with Prince and Lady her little rat dogs nipping at my heels only to jump over the back gate and almost get bit again by the dog who genuinely looked like he fell into a tub of gamma radiation in the yard directly across from her backyard pretty much coming through his owners ragedy back fence on this extremely small alley. Came out of the alley with bruises and a few cuts from those weeds that have the prickly bits on them. She was worth it though.

I'm left with the last sentence, after that Indiana Jones moment: "it was worth it". :)

Thank you!!

The truth is that they are endearing moments. Curiously, when I think of them, I remember a time when I had to hide in a cupboard, and when she closed the door, a poster of Leo Dicaprio came towards my face - stuck on the inside -.

I didn't have to go out the window that day, but it gave me pause for thought.

Maybe I wasn't the right girl. Or maybe she was, and she was giving me an example of life to imitate. ;) 

• Haha 5