IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

10 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Much like it was for humankind, functional plumbing seems like a big step forward :)  

Today I purchased (but haven’t installed yet) a washer, and a gas tank (also not installed yet) for our fireplace.  We don’t have natural gas, have to put in a tank specifically for the fireplace in the living room.  Then I got pulled into a bunch of stuff at work even though I’m technically on vacation :(  (having to burn up all my vacation days because I couldn’t take any earlier in the year)

Tonight I realize that in a few hours it will be December 1st.  This primarily means, to me, that we’re less than two weeks from having The Warriors in glorious 4K!  Can youuuu dig iiiit??

So excited, I grew up in the 80s and revered this movie almost as much as Star Wars, because I was a strange little child :)  

Yeah, you will be able to enjoy "The Warriors" with all prepared at home ;) 

6 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Was listening to the Blank Check podcast about Seven today and wishing, yet again, for some Fincher on 4K. He has verified that he's working on Seven, can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned, but I've heard nothing recently. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/david-fincher-seven-4k-remastering-1235517180/

Given Fincher's notorious perfectionism, it could be years before we see the next remaster after Seven.  I would hope for Zodiac or Fight Club.

I want ALL Fincher in 4K. In fact, I would lo happy to have in 4K even his last films and tv series made to Netflix...

• Like 4

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️🌧️💨 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

rain raining GIF

90%
Cloudy; periods of rain this morning followed by a shower in spots this afternoon

RealFeel®47°

RealFeel Shade™47°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindS 9 mph

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

The Hitcher has finally dropped for 4K pre order, on Umbrella.

Sorry, false alarm.  There have been rumors (even assurances) all year that this 4K is coming soon and now Umbrella drops . . . a Blu ray set.  Sorry folks, it just didn’t occur to me that it wasn’t 4K while we’ve been expecting a 4K announcement for months.  Evidently Second Sight is working on a 4K release.  Again, my apologies.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Sorry, false alarm.  There have been rumors (even assurances) all year that this 4K is coming soon and now Umbrella drops . . . a Blu ray set.  Sorry folks, it just didn’t occur to me that it wasn’t 4K while we’ve been expecting a 4K announcement for months.  Evidently Second Sight is working on a 4K release.  Again, my apologies.

It's all good, we all have done it. I hope Second Sight does it soon, it definitely needs the 4K Treatment.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’m hearing such good things about this movie that I’m tempted to go ahead and buy this even though I haven’t seen it.

IMG_9926.jpeg.68382dc206ac274ac070134d59cfaf49.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Silent-Night-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-Ray-Digital-Copy/5197667459?from=/search

2 hours ago, Veum said:

😳 out of stock

BACK in stock for pre-order, hurry! Wal-Mart

Just ordered mine… a blind buy for me though 😱 !! 🙌 :)

I really like the look of this steel and I enjoy Joel Kinnaman quite a lot!! 😎 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

He's really good in For All Mankind if you haven't seen it! 

He is.  I really didn’t like him at first, primarily because I stuck with The Killing for too long and found all of the characters simultaneously dull and hard to be around.    But I really like him in For All Mankind which is a great show.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

He is.  I really didn’t like him at first, primarily because I stuck with The Killing for too long and found all of the characters simultaneously dull and hard to be around.    But I really like him in For All Mankind which is a great show.

That is probably the 1st show I noticed him and I love this adaptation of the Danish original series (American The Killing series), however I enjoy this Danish original one even better! :)

The Killing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

As I have this fantastic Danish The Killing trilogy blu-ray set!! 🙌 🎬

The Killing Trilogy (Blu-ray)

image.jpeg.111ee9d8afc54eb9f387c98dd4e04247.jpeg

The Killing Danish detective Sarah Lund struggles to unravel brutal murders, amid the politics of policework and families devastated by violent crime.

• Like 3

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️🌧️💨 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Good Morning GIF

60%
Cloudy this morning with a couple of showers, becoming breezy with intervals of clouds and sunshine this afternoon

RealFeel®43°

RealFeel Shade™43°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindWSW 10 mph

• Like 3