IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Happy Fat Tuesday & Mardi Gras All! Anyone from the New Orleans area? Tomorrow is the big day!

Mardi Gras Boomer GIF by MyxedUp

1 Day Until Valentine's Day!

10 Days Until SwornFest

95 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

115 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

151 Days Until Retro Expo

256 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

261 Days Until Halloween

289 Days Until Thanksgiving

316 Days Until Christmas

323 Days Until New Year

• Like 7

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Minority Report available in 4K on Paramount+; surely there’s a disc on the way.

I just tried to check it out, but it's still HD for me on Paramount+. Still rolling out I suppose. Incredibly excited to see that one in 4K! 

Side note, they played a trailer for Season 2 of Halo. Anyone watching that show, is it good? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I just tried to check it out, but it's still HD for me on Paramount+. Still rolling out I suppose. Incredibly excited to see that one in 4K! 

Side note, they played a trailer for Season 2 of Halo. Anyone watching that show, is it good? 

Maybe I spoke too soon.  These guys are usually pretty reliable but even the quote here is “Also today, several Bits readers have reported to us that Steven Spielberg’s Minority Report (2002) is now available in 4K Ultra HD on Paramount+ and Kaleidescape”

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/021224-1630

I don’t know what a Kaleidescape is, but may have to check it out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Maybe I spoke too soon.  These guys are usually pretty reliable but even the quote here is “Also today, several Bits readers have reported to us that Steven Spielberg’s Minority Report (2002) is now available in 4K Ultra HD on Paramount+ and Kaleidescape”

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/021224-1630

I don’t know what a Kaleidescape is, but may have to check it out.

Yeah I immediately checked Digital Bits after your post earlier. I'm sure it's just a slow rollout, or my app hasn't updated, or something like that. 

Kaleidescape is super neat, but it's crazy expensive. Take my info with a grain of salt, but this is my understanding: you buy a box to hook up to your home theater, and to that box you're able to purchase & download disc quality 4K UHD films. I also understand that sometimes when the encoding is borked in a 4K disc, the Kaleidescape can potentially look better because it is a generation prior to encoding for disc. 

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Anyone else notice that Zavvi US has almost two pages of steels now?  For months and months, sometimes they would only have 10 or less available for US, now it's nearly two pages.  Not sure it means anything, maybe I just haven't looked for a while.

I thought there was no shipping with Zavvi to the US are they available to us now? 🤔 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

Hi everybody.

Today I was watching "Inception" again, and something incredible happened: 14 minutes into the film, I sent a message to a friend who hadn't seen it, telling him that it's a great film, that he should see it one day.

And a few seconds later he replied telling me... that he was watching it at that very moment, that he had been watching it for 14 minutes, and he sent me a picture of his TV with the film stopped at the same scene.

As you have read.

What are the odds of something like that happening by chance? Destiny?

I don't know. All I know is that I'm afraid to roll my spin, in case it doesn't fall off.

tumblr_npf2wce6lS1tabh4vo1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Anyone else notice that Zavvi US has almost two pages of steels now?  For months and months, sometimes they would only have 10 or less available for US, now it's nearly two pages.  Not sure it means anything, maybe I just haven't looked for a while.

I have not been on there in about two months because every time I looked they had maybe a handful in stock. Upon looking after reading your post you are correct they do seem to have more now in stock or available for pre order items.

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I have not been on there in about two month because every time I looked they had maybe a handful in stock. Upon looking now after reading your post you are correct they do seem to have more now in stock or available for pre order items.

Cool beans, thanks for confirming bud.  I hope this is an omen for the future.  I didnt realize how much stuff I bought from Zavvi until I couldn’t any more.  

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Cool beans, thanks for confirming bud.  I hope this is an omen for the future.  I didnt realize how much stuff I bought from Zavvi until I couldn’t any more.  

you and me both and I've been pretty lucky to not receive banged up items from them which I know they have a reputation for.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nathan_s82 said:

I hope Zavvi US is growing as well. I've ordered from Zavvi UK before and got some great deals when they had their Arrow and Steelbook sales.

I just started buying 4K early last year, bought several things from Zavvi UK, was heartbroken when I went to buy something from them one day and couldn’t.  I do wish Zavvi US would build as good a selection, but I haven’t checked out either one in a while.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I just started buying 4K early last year, bought several things from Zavvi UK, was heartbroken when I went to buy something from them one day and couldn’t.  I do wish Zavvi US would build as good a selection, but I haven’t checked out either one in a while.

Ok, their US store has significantly improved their selection it looks like.

• Like 4