IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Gonna watch Predator in memory of Carl Weathers. How about you?

Most awesome handshake in the history of cinema. Word is they had to keep filming this scene over again due to the pure destructive force of these two titans greeting each other. Apparently this is the raw cut. Seriously though we lost a legend.

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Man, props to Vinegar Syndrome.  They just put something in the mail to me, for arrival early next week, that isn’t even due to be released for several weeks.  I don’t order from them often but this has happened several times on pre-orders from them.  Pretty cool.  

What'd you get? My only Vinegar Syndrome release is Showgirls 4K, which looks so incredibly good.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

What'd you get? My only Vinegar Syndrome release is Showgirls 4K, which looks so incredibly good.

I have Road House, EXistenZ and The Prophecy trilogy.  Southern Comfort is on the way and if I’m not mistaken the release date is 2/27.  EXistenZ and The Prophecy both showed up early, can’t remember on Road House; I might’ve ordered that one post-release.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Most awesome handshake in the history of cinema. Word is they had to keep filming this scene over again due to the pure destructive force of these two titans greeting each other. Apparently this is the raw cut. Seriously though we lost a legend.

I swear that movie has one of the most charismatic casts ever assembled.

One of the many reasons it's so re-watchable. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Hey @Veum, hope your early morning road trip went off without a hitch!

200.gif?cid=5bd0675eiebdc95hnaah3h78z32j

@hansreinhardt and friends, Veum is back in the saddle again! 🤠

Cowboy Yeehaw Agenda GIF by NPO Radio 2

WE ended up in Franklin County, Kentucky at a distillery called Buffalo Trace 🦬 

Outrun Back To The Future GIF

image.jpeg.ce8e86a69a22666445734c34c10439bd.jpeg

200 Years of Bourbon Making History

In Kentucky, buffalo carved a pathway that was followed by America's early pioneers. On the spot where the buffalo migration route crossed the Kentucky River, we've been making legendary bourbon whiskey for over 200 years. Buffalo Trace is the oldest continuously operating distillery in America. During Prohibition the distillery was even permitted to remain operational, to make whiskey for "medicinal purposes".

In tribute to the mighty buffalo and the rugged, independent spirit of the pioneers who followed them westward, we created Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.

Within the past decade, Buffalo Trace has won more awards than any other distillery in the world, including an unmatched seven "Distillery of the Year" titles. Still American family owned and located in Franklin County, Kentucky, the distillery's rich history includes such legendary distillers as E.H. Taylor, Jr, George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp and Elmer T. Lee. The distillery sprawls impressively over 130 acres and is home to four centuries of architecture - all still fully operational.

Buffalo Trace

We had a good time although the history part of it was my fav and it being a little awkward on my part as being the one that doesn’t drink alcohol, but alas I really went as I said to be with my friends from the past❣️

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday with their families and friends!! :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Veum said:

We had a good time although the history part of it was my fav and it being a little awkward on my part as being the one that doesn’t drink alcohol, but alas I really went as I said to be with my friends from the past❣️

When did this happen??  You’re less than 2 hours from where I live!  I’ve been to that place many, many times.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veum said:

BTW,  can anyone explain what the + sign at the top of our page is about (it is next to the notification bell)? 🧐 

56 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I think it’s to add a topic/thread.

It's the amount of reactions you're allowed to give today. Looks like we've all been made standard tier members until renewal takes place tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veum said:

Glad you had a great time, and that the deer stayed out of your path yesterday morning! Buffalo Trace Distillery looks awesome, I'm going to have to get over there someday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Nice. I work, and used to live, in Bowling Green KY.  Actually get my packages sent to family there because I travel a lot for work.  I’m just north of Nashville on a non-work day.

@Heywoodmoutaw this might be a great road trip idea 💡 for this ‘Ol crew 😂 😆 😝 to Nashville, TN…

would love this, I’ll let them know but maybe too far away for them but not for me! 😝 🙏 

tennessee GIF

• Like 4