IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

groceries to be gotten today along w/picking up weed eater in maintenance! 😑 

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

0%
Mild with plenty of sunshine; great day to be outside

RealFeel®56°

RealFeel Shade™54°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindSSE 6 mph

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Friday is good news/bad news.  The bad news is, I’m working all weekend so Friday doesn’t mean much.  The good news?  I’m working Saturday, Sunday, Monday and then I’m off work until 12/27 (I had a lot of unused vacation time).  Three more days after today.  

Hang in there! That break is going to be even better following a working weekend. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Hang in there! That break is going to be even better following a working weekend. 

I hope.  Have to get everything in the new house finished because the family is coming to me for Christmas.  Replacement TV is supposed to arrive on Thursday and that’s the final piece of the puzzle.

So I hope to finish the house, but also to watch a lot of movies.  Also have plans to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

On the couch with Covid.   Need some movies out of my normal lists to watch next three days.

I've got . . .

Hulu
Disney+
Paramount+

Peacock
Max
BritBox

Prime

Criterion

@Reagh No Ernest Goes (anywhere) movies.  🤣

I'll be drunk on cough syrup, so prob no bad suggestions.  

cough syrup filmmaladies GIF

on Hulu 

the retirement plan is a new one with N. Cage. Looks pretty fun. 

mob land with Travolta & S Doroff looks like it might be ok. 

i thought the Hulu exclusive no one will here you scream was excellent for a low budget streaming effort. I’ve watched it twice 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

On the couch with Covid.   Need some movies out of my normal lists to watch next three days.

I've got . . .

Hulu
Disney+
Paramount+

Peacock
Max
BritBox

Prime

Criterion

Paramount+:

I put on Sunset Boulevard last week, which I had seen before.  Some people have less love for the older movies than I do, but this is one of the classic movies that truly deserves its classic status and still works.  It’s about a woman out of her time, so she’s just as out of her time today as she was then, and a cynical hack writer (also timeless!) who thinks he can live with being her rent boy.  Great stuff.

They’ve also got Witness remastered in 4K.  Solid mystery and fish-out-of-water romance, one of the best Harrison Ford performances.

I haven’t watched Tulsa King, but everyone I know who did has loved it, several people whose taste tends to line up with mine.  I’m a huge Sopranos and Breaking Bad fan, love gangster stuff with some comedy.

I hate to hear that you’re sick, but I hope you’re at least able to enjoy a good cough syrup haze.

(Wish you had Netflix:  I loved The Killer.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reagh said:

On prime

my favorite show is too old to die young. It’s essentially a 12 NWR film but cut into 10 episodes. he directed every episode. 10/10 for me

also that Jack Reacher is good 

Glad you mentioned Too Old, I keep forgetting to check it out.  I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Winding Refn but when I like him, I love him.  This one looks like it might even have a Lynchian flavor?  Looks very appealing to me.  Bet it would go well with a cough syrup high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I've got . . .

Hulu
Disney+
Paramount+

Peacock
Max
BritBox

Prime

Criterion

BritBox TV series’ - Wallander, Shetland, Crime, Karen Pirie, A Confession, The Responder, Payback, DCI Banks, The Guilty, The Fall, Prime Suspect, Vera, 24 hours in Police Custody, In the Footsteps of Killers, Line of Duty, The Bay, Redemption, Grace, One of Us

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Glad you mentioned Too Old, I keep forgetting to check it out.  I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Winding Refn but when I like him, I love him.  This one looks like it might even have a Lynchian flavor?  Looks very appealing to me.  Bet it would go well with a cough syrup high.

I can see the Lynch comparison a little. But I think Lars Von Trier is a closer match. I hope you enjoy it. I sure did. 

• Like 3

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️🌧️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Good Morning Happy Tuesday GIF by reactionseditor

61%
Cloudy and mild; a couple of brief showers late this afternoon

RealFeel®49°

RealFeel Shade™49°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSE 8 mph

“weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning”❣️🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I've got . . .

Hulu
Disney+
Paramount+

Peacock
Max
BritBox

Prime

Criterion

Hope you feel better soon! 

"No One Can Save You" on Hulu was a pleasant surprise for me if you haven't seen it yet. "For All Mankind" on AppleTV+ is stellar if you haven't seen that either.

Also... "The Abyss" is finally available in non-LaserDisc quality if you feel like spending $19.99!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1