IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

3 minutes ago, Veum said:

:) 🤠 🙋‍♂️ good morning here @hansreinhardt, you’ll need to take this movie with a “grain of salt” mentality because I’m coming from an “older generation” and also just from me that enjoys subtle ambience with ‘classy” looking sets and landscapes that is why I’m one of the biggest fans of the Classic Universal Monsters when it comes to “horror” as it ticks all my boxes I mentioned!

The real reason I gave it 5 skulls was just because of that ‘Ol school’ look, I was a little disappointed it did not have any “horror, supernatural” elements in it but I should have known that because it is Sherlock Holmes and his films are more toward the mystery/thriller type of films, which I enjoy also!! 😉

So if you really want to watch “horror” for this month you might just want to watch this at another time but that is up to you, happy trails my friend… and looking forward to your comments!!! 🎬

:) 🤠 🙋‍♂️ good morning to you @Manticore4, have you seen the Barbie film?, and if you have could you put in the “spoiler tag” what you thought of it? 🤔 Spoilers do not bother me as I would still watch it if I’m intrigued enough! 😉

I’ve seen the trailers and I can not really put my finger on what kinda movie this really is - a comedy parody on the Barbie culture or what? 🧐 

I really do not know if I would enjoy this type of film 🤷‍♂️ but I do like the Manta Lab lentis of this film!! 😱 

Have a nice day my friend…. Looking forward to your comments!! ☀️ 🎬

Personally, I laughed throughout the movie, it was very entertaining. As aI wrote above, I loved it, it definitely laughed at itself as it generally made fun of the “plastic” nature of that culture (pun both intended and unintended!) it was funny on many levels. 

I have no idea whether you would like it, but there are many reviews out there about it. You can go on IMDb to read a lot of user reviews. 

• Like 4

Awards

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Manticore4 said:

Personally, I laughed throughout the movie, it was very entertaining. As aI wrote above, I loved it, it definitely laughed at itself as it generally made fun of the “plastic” nature of that culture (pun both intended and unintended!) it was funny on many levels. 

I have no idea whether you would like it, but there are many reviews out there about it. You can go on IMDb to read a lot of user reviews. 

I know I could go on IMDb for reviews but I so much more enjoy if I hear it here from our MP friends with their thoughts, but thanks for that! 🙋‍♂️

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ 🥶 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

Assassins Creed Falcon GIF by Xbox

0%
Mostly sunny, breezy and cooler

RealFeel®60°

RealFeel Shade™57°

Max UV Index4 Moderate

WindNW 14 mph

Is that gif from a movie?  Looks almost familiar but I can’t place it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’m envious.  I wish I could experience The Exorcist for the first time again.  Not just a great horror movie, a great movie full stop.

I've been working some long hours, so I only watched the first half of The Exorcist last night before I had to turn in. But what I saw was incredible. I'd already call it a masterpiece. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest tonight!

Cue Majel Barrett Roddenberry's "and now, the conclusion..."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I've been working some long hours, so I only watched the first half of The Exorcist last night before I had to turn in. But what I saw was incredible. I'd already call it a masterpiece. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest tonight!

Cue Majel Barrett Roddenberry's "and now, the conclusion..."

Can not believe you’ve never seen The Exorcist until now 😳… it is in my tops of “horror” films and I have added to my extended editions of it with our MP HMV steel

image.jpeg.d31e17b6b51ca8547eb7c4c9f2eb2869.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.cb1b26763bf3d2412a4e8cf950ec8238.jpeg

and the Amazon Exclusive SteelBook / 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition with BFI Film Classics Book | Extended Director’s Cut and Original Theatrical Version / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray! :) 🙌 🎬 🙋‍♂️

image.thumb.jpeg.27dd8925ea0e794e15b27579d04cc8e9.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Veum said:

Can not believe you’ve never seen The Exorcist until now 😳… it is in my tops of “horror” films and I have added to my extended editions of it with our MP HMV steel

image.jpeg.d31e17b6b51ca8547eb7c4c9f2eb2869.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.cb1b26763bf3d2412a4e8cf950ec8238.jpeg

and the Amazon Exclusive SteelBook / 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition with BFI Film Classics Book | Extended Director’s Cut and Original Theatrical Version / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray! :) 🙌 🎬 🙋‍♂️

image.thumb.jpeg.27dd8925ea0e794e15b27579d04cc8e9.jpeg

I know! I'm not sure how I had never got around to it. But at some point I resigned myself to not even being in a hurry to see it, purely so I'd have more "classics" or "masterpieces" to look forward to seeing one day. There are several others that I have also classified as such... I'm almost embarrassed to admit what those additional films are! 😆 Another one of those was Barry Lyndon, which I just watched for the first time in the past year. Having a "new" Kubrick movie to watch was a real treat. 

Man, that 50th Anniversary set is really killer. Love that they used the classic art on the steel, it's such an iconic poster. 

So after I finish this, I imagine I'll be curious about Exorcists 2 & 3... how do those compare, any advice? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I know! I'm not sure how I had never got around to it. But at some point I resigned myself to not even being in a hurry to see it, purely so I'd have more "classics" or "masterpieces" to look forward to seeing one day. There are several others that I have also classified as such... I'm almost embarrassed to admit what those additional films are! 😆 Another one of those was Barry Lyndon, which I just watched for the first time in the past year. Having a "new" Kubrick movie to watch was a real treat. 

Man, that 50th Anniversary set is really killer. Love that they used the classic art on the steel, it's such an iconic poster. 

So after I finish this, I imagine I'll be curious about Exorcists 2 & 3... how do those compare, any advice? 

I can say this now that you’ve seen half. We speak of it as a horror movie, and it certainly is, but it spends most of its time being about a nightmarish experience for any parent, not necessarily in a stereotypically “scary” way.  

Something terribly wrong with your child, and no one has any answers.  All of that medical stuff is almost as terrifying as the devil especially, again, for a parent.  People forget, but the devil doesn’t fully take over the girl *or* the movie until the halfway point or later.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

YES! This movie blew me away. Really enjoyed it. Couldn't believe they pulled it off without almost any dialogue at all. What did you think? 

I’m saving this one to watch with my 12 year old, seems ok for that age.  He’s spending fall break with his parents so we’ll probably get to it next week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

I think The Exorcist is in a category by itself as the BEST and I enjoyed films 2/3 but not nearly as much! 😉

When I watch The Exorcist  I put myself into the movie and it becomes very scary to me, just think if all these “supernatural” goings on happened in your home, I guarantee you’d be scared witless, i know I would! 😳 

Do you have the Omen collection, these are also “all” fantastic films during this time of year as they are on my watching list as usual! 😱 

The Omen / Damien: Omen II / The Final Conflict / The Omen

image.jpeg.6249d5fb3a0d96f89b25cea1fc58fc66.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’m saving this one to watch with my 12 year old, seems ok for that age.  He’s spending fall break with his parents so we’ll probably get to it next week.

Meant to say “with his grandparents”; clearly I’m his parent.  You know, I’m pretty sure; haven’t had a paternity test but I feel like I’m on solid ground.

• Haha 4

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🥶 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

Happy Good Morning GIF

55%
A brief shower or two this morning; otherwise, cloudy most of the time

RealFeel®57°

RealFeel Shade™55°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindWNW 8 mph

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Days after Wicker Man viewing, still have this song stuck in my head.  Sneaky great music work in that movie, in terms of enhancing the film.

I just watched the new Wicker Man 4K (Studiocanal 5-disc box set), and it looked very good, though film stock from the early-1970s seems the most susceptible to aging of any period from the 1950s and later. Anyway, The Wicker Man is a fantastic film to watch in October.

For people who like it I would HIGHLY recommend Midsommar (2019) for a similar “folk horror” story. There’s an excellent A24 deluxe edition on 4K that looks utterly fantastic. 

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 4

Awards

15 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

YES! This movie blew me away. Really enjoyed it. Couldn't believe they pulled it off without almost any dialogue at all. What did you think? 

I also really enjoyed it. I've grown to really appreciate any attempt by a filmmaker to really embrace film as a visual medium. Too often these days films are filled with exposition so it was a breath of fresh air in that category for sure. 

I do think it has some story issues, particularly in the the third act and they bother me a bit more as I put more thought into it. I was honestly tempted to run it back and watch it again almost immediately to get a better grasp on it, lol.

I don't know why we don't see Kaitlyn Dever getting more work. She was fantastic in Booksmart and obviously in this as well

• Like 4

On the 8th Day of Halloween, my Ghoul gave to me, House By The Cemetery, the last part of the Gates of Hell Trilogy! The Grindhouse Releasing Blu-ray was nice, but can't wait to rewatch on the Arrow 4K. Hope you all have an awesome Sunday!

housecemetary.jpg.27f7d68c6ccb4d7ce04f7b9dd07e7a8a.jpg

23 Days Until Halloween

46 Days Until Thanksgiving

78 Days Until Christmas

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manticore4 said:

Bon soir, all you little psychotic maniacs!

I’m thinking’ tonight is a good night for an EXORCISM (1973-style via the 4K release)!!!!

I’m having a hard time recently getting my movie watching in as I’m totally interested in Israel (watching a live stream at the moment from Tom Hughes of Hope For Our Times on UT! 🙏), especially praying for them against this evil attack! 🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1