IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..

Alternative weather report below

Here is the weather in South of the UK, where none of you live.

Also you should not care as your not here and has NO physical relevance to you all either at least I hope you don't 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway for stupidity purposes here we go🤣🤣🤣

It was a but nippy this morning at

14c 5am slighty cloudy

But you be pleased to know

The cloud went away then sun came out with a light wind but achieved 25c around 13.00

I hope you can feel the usefulness of this weather forecast please hit the THANKS button so I NEVER do this again

And can then save strapping electrodes to my ball sack again for that's how painful this has been 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway good day to you all 

Basil 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

Hmm..

Alternative weather report below

Here is the weather in South of the UK, where none of you live.

Also you should not care as your not here and has NO physical relevance to you all either at least I hope you don't 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway for stupidity purposes here we go🤣🤣🤣

It was a but nippy this morning at

14c 5am slighty cloudy

But you be pleased to know

The cloud went away then sun came out with a light wind but achieved 25c around 13.00

I hope you can feel the usefulness of this weather forecast please hit the THANKS button so I NEVER do this again

And can then save strapping electrodes to my ball sack again for that's how painful this has been 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway good day to you all 

Basil 😁

This summer the weather has been really hot in UK...

I've friends in Lancaster and some days the had betther weather than me in Spain. 

The world is changing...

Someday spaniards will go to UK, Germany and Netherlands for holiday, coming from the dessert.  That was already farther away than it is now. 

At least I'm lucky, because I live in the northwest corner, not too cold in winter, not too hot in summer, and lots of green all around. 

Have a good day, you and all Psychos!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Casiusco said:

This summer the weather has been really hot in UK...

I've friends in Lancaster and some days the had betther weather than me in Spain. 

The world is changing...

Someday spaniards will go to UK, Germany and Netherlands for holiday, coming from the dessert.  That was already farther away than it is now. 

At least I'm lucky, because I live in the northwest corner, not too cold in winter, not too hot in summer, and lots of green all around. 

Have a good day, you and all Psychos!

Last year summer was 40c for few weeks

I will next year or two fitting split system air con, in 2 bedrooms and the lounge off 1 outside unit they work upto 49c currently best system out there.

But I'm not going thru 40c again

Currently this year I stuck up a massive 65inch ceiling fan in bedroom and that works a charm only cost me 150 fully fitted 👍👍👍

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Basil said:

Last year summer was 40c for few weeks

I will next year or two fitting split system air con, in 2 bedrooms and the lounge off 1 outside unit they work upto 49c currently best system out there.

But I'm not going thru 40c again

Currently this year I stuck up a massive 65inch ceiling fan in bedroom and that works a charm only cost me 150 fully fitted 👍👍👍

That is the business of the future in a world with climate change: air system collector editions. ;) 

But yes, it's certainly going to be a very interesting market kid.

In June I had to go to a meeting in Utrecht, Holland, and the hotel where I stayed had no air conditioning. At night I slept with the terrace doors of the room open.  As if I were in the south of Spain in summer. 

Air System by Pyschos. The GB. There in lies the future :D 

• Like 6

A couple of weeks ago I went to a small movie theater where they offer mostly "auteur films" or "international films". There are small rooms, with no luxuries, no sound systems with the latest technology, where there is little food available and cheap; reminiscent of another time, and even another world. 

I like to go, because they allow me to see films that I would otherwise not know, it's like an open windows; and because I like to support small cinemas or multiplexes outside the big companies, so that they don't disappear. I think that every time a theater closes our chances of choosing what we see are less and less.

And I decided to see a movie I didn't know: "Suzhou River", directed by Lou Ye

YESUZ-poster.jpg

It's a Chinese film from 2000, unknown for me, whose 4K restoration was presented last year at the Berlinale. 

And I thought: "If they have restored it, and it's again in theaters 20 years later, it must have something interesting".

And I liked it.

It's a small, independent film, with obvious touches reminiscent of Wong Kar Wai, even Hitchcock; and to which in some scenesI would add a certain aroma of the more urban Jia Zhang Ke.

What surprised me when it came out, is that there are only two editions worldwide: one from Taiwan, before the restoration; and a basic edition in the USA, released this year, which already includes the restored image. 

I hope that someday someone a Chinese retailer will release a special edition, or even better, a collector's edition.

After all, it's a Chinese film spoken in Mandarin that has never had hardly any editions. With a very good reputation among critics and a certain public, so that twenty years later they are still talking about it.

If they do it, I would be happy to buy it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

A couple of weeks ago I went to a small movie theater where they offer mostly "auteur films" or "international films". There are small rooms, with no luxuries, no sound systems with the latest technology, where there is little food available and cheap; reminiscent of another time, and even another world. 

I like to go, because they allow me to see films that I would otherwise not know, it's like an open windows; and because I like to support small cinemas or multiplexes outside the big companies, so that they don't disappear. I think that every time a theater closes our chances of choosing what we see are less and less.

And I decided to see a movie I didn't know: "Suzhou River", directed by Lou Ye

YESUZ-poster.jpg

It's a Chinese film from 2000, unknown for me, whose 4K restoration was presented last year at the Berlinale. 

And I thought: "If they have restored it, and it's again in theaters 20 years later, it must have something interesting".

And I liked it.

It's a small, independent film, with obvious touches reminiscent of Wong Kar Wai, even Hitchcock; and to which in some scenesI would add a certain aroma of the more urban Jia Zhang Ke.

What surprised me when it came out, is that there are only two editions worldwide: one from Taiwan, before the restoration; and a basic edition in the USA, released this year, which already includes the restored image. 

I hope that someday someone a Chinese retailer will release a special edition, or even better, a collector's edition.

After all, it's a Chinese film spoken in Mandarin that has never had hardly any editions. With a very good reputation among critics and a certain public, so that twenty years later they are still talking about it.

If they do it, I would be happy to buy it.

Looks interesting.  Thank you for bringing this . I'm definitely gonna try and watch this.   Let you know. 

• Like 4

🥤🧋🎬 🤠 🐴 Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

I’ve got my mile walking in this beautiful morning, invigorating, been walking every other day and doing my knee exercises the other days!  🙏 

image.gif.fe76dd55c4a169cb0fb87b4648d8ead6.gif

0%
Plenty of sunshine; a nice end to August
  • Like 6

and as David Lynch used to say...

Youuuu caaaaan believe it!

It's Friday once again!

;)

Best wishes to everybody in the best day of the week, at least after work :D

And yes, it seems that Mr. Lynch woud be preparing something and he has no time for the weather forecast....

By the way, he has so many fans.... and not too much collector editions for hiis films.... 

Task to be noted.

• Like 4