IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🥤🧋🎬 🤠 🐴 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️ 🥵  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

image.gif.baac0ae56fed049fe0db216ff26a6b1e.gif

1%
Partly sunny and very hot

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT... * WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to 113. * WHEN...Until midnight EDT tonight. * IMPACTS...Extreme heat and humidity will significantly increase the potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.

• Like 5

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Psychos.

Today I would like your advice, or your opinion.

In the last 10 months I have not been able to participate much here, and sometimes I have missed some GB; when I arrived it was already closed. 

Sometimes I have asked for help asking the staff or John if there was a copy available, but I don't like to bother too much... they are not to blame for my problems, and sometimes I have looked for a copy in eBay or some store, or I have been left without it.

One of these times, when I arrived and saw that the Rarofilm "The Devil's Advocate" GB was closed, I didn't want to bother, and sent an email to Rarofilm asking if they had any copy of the OC available. First they answered "no, it's sold out", but two hours after that the said "yes, we have the last copy", we made a deal, and I paid.

That was in October 2022. 

Since then I have been very patient, I tend to always be; I've been very kind with them, even when they sometimes don't respond to mail....., giving them as much time as they need but asking for a forecast. But they have never shipped the edition. And it's already an old release. 

On January 20th they told me they will ship it to me the following week. But they didn't.

I waited two months without hearing from them.

In march I emailed them and they answered that they will ship it in the next few days. March.

But after that..... I didn't hear from them for 3 more months. 
In May I asked them what happened, and they didn't even respond....
I wait another month, being patient, asked them again, and then they told me that they will check my order. June 20th. But they never said anything to me again.

I wait another month, again, send an email, but they don't respond either.

What would you think?

Edited by Casiusco
  • Sad 13

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos.

In the last 10 months I have not been able to participate much here, and sometimes I have missed some GB; when I arrived it was already closed. 

Sometimes I have asked for help asking the staff or John if there was a copy available, but I don't like to bother too much... they are not to blame for my problems, and sometimes I have looked for a copy in eBay or some store, or I have been left without it.

One of these times, when I arrived and saw that the Rarofilm "The Devil's Advocate" GB was closed, I didn't want to bother, and sent an email to Rarofilm asking if they had any copy of the OC available. First they answered "no, it's sold out", but two hours after that the said "yes, we have the last copy", we made a deal, and I paid.

Since then I have been very patient, I tend to always be; I've been very kind with them, even when they sometimes don't respond to mail....., giving them as much time as they need but asking for a forecast. But they have never shipped the edition. And it's already an old release. 

On January 20th they told me they will ship it to me the following week. But they didn't.

In march I emailed them and they answered that they will ship it in the next few days. March.

I wait another month, being patient, asked them again, and then they told me that they will check my order. June 20th. But they never said anything to me again.

What would you think?

I'm sorry to hear about this disappointing experience you have with them. I have personally no experience with this retailer, as I also don't handle anything with them from our GBs.

I would also ask for a refund, hopefully they will do that, so that you can simply close the book on this and not bother again with them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos.

What would you think?

This is a really upsetting bit of news....that's an extremely expensive box, and I would be really chomping at the bit to get it in hand. 

Nils @extantsrevenge: Dare I say this might be a situation where a simple email exchange from a Moderator with Raro could straighten out for him? I sure hate to see a company like Raro Film would do to a member of our community.

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Awards

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos.

What would you think?

50 minutes ago, Manticore4 said:

This is a really upsetting bit of news....that's an extremely expensive box, and I would be really chomping at the bit to get it in hand. 

Nils @extantsrevenge: Dare I say this might be a situation where a simple email exchange from a Moderator with Raro could straighten out for him? I sure hate to see a company like Raro Film that otherwise has operated in good faith would do to a member of our community.

@Casiusco this is another disturbing trend with some of these retailers so sorry this has happened to you my good friend, however I like @Manticore4 suggestion and I think/hope maybe @Masterblaster John could help you out with Raro if he corresponds with them! 🙏 

If nothing else ask for a refund and if you do not get a response go to your credit card company and ask them for a refund as Raro kept promising to delivery but did not (I have gone through this with my credit card company and also with PayPal before and just had to give them the date the retailer(s) had promised given date! 🤷‍♂️).

Edited by Veum
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
48 minutes ago, Veum said:

John could help you out with Raro if he corresponds with them! 🙏 

Best would be first to look at who is dealing with Rarofilm from our side .  FYI thats not me. 

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind jumping in to help a great member like @Casiusco but i do believe in the chain of command and that the Staff handling Rarofilm GB should be given the opportunity first .  Its like calling a Tactical Tank to a dispute , OVERKILL 😁

@Casiusco my advice to you would be to not purchase directly but through the GB system,  numbers is strength in most cases.

Since the release is already out I would not wait too much longer for a response.  Sometimes it can be longer , but what your describing is just not acceptable.

lets tag @deckard99 and @Gary K and see what they can or cannot achieve for you !

If im really needed , i will do my part to help you , no questions asked !

Take care

John

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos.

What would you think?

That is awful, I would definitely ask for a refund. You've waited long enough for the set.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Best would be first to look at who is dealing with Rarofilm from our side .  FYI thats not me. 

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind jumping in to help a great member like @Casiusco but i do believe in the chain of command and that the Staff handling Rarofilm GB should be given the opportunity first .  Its like calling a Tactical Tank to a dispute , OVERKILL 😁

@Casiusco my advice to you would be to not purchase directly but through the GB system,  numbers is strength in most cases.

Since the release is already out I would not wait too much longer for a response.  Sometimes it can be longer , but what your describing is just not acceptable.

lets tag @deckard99 and @Gary K and see what they can or cannot achieve for you !

Take care

John

@Casiusco can you please send @deckard99 and I a PM with the specifics (order number, date etc) and we can talk to Raro directly on your behalf to try to get this sorted.  

Gary

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Take care

John

Thanks John as I was just glad we could get the attention @Casiusco could use now and thanks for pointing out the right staff to help as I did not know who to really contact but you the BOSS! 🙌

21 minutes ago, ddilts399 said:

Re Raro, I did direct buy on Elvis, and never received, and they wouldnt reply to email inquiries either, so I will not give these guys another cent, group or direct.

@Gary K @deckard99 is it possible also to get @ddilts399 the help he needs with his Raro Elvis edition? 🧐 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, ddilts399 said:

Re Raro, I did direct buy on Elvis, and never received, and they wouldnt reply to email inquiries either, so I will not give these guys another cent, group or direct.

If you send @deckard99 and I a PM with the details we can try to help on your behalf.

Gary K

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

@ukade2327 @extantsrevenge @Manticore4 @Veum @nathan_s82 @Gary K, thank you for your words and support. 

@Masterblaster Thank you very much for your help and support, even when it is not your responsibility. 

The truth is that I prefer to buy through a GB whenever I can, but when it has not been possible, I try not to bother the staff or you too much. I did it few times, but you are not to blame for people's circumstances , and if you had to manage for everyone who was late for a GB or left without a copy, it would drive you crazy. That's the fact.

The best solution, obviously, is to come here a lot of times and try not to be late for any GB. That's the best advice I can give to any Psycho. 👈
And if you can have a membership, all the better. Otherwise, you can also lose them. Be sure.

As about Rarofilm... I'm a guy with patience, and I understand that nowadays the market has a lot more difficulties than before, more than people usually think...., that's why I don't mind waiting, and I respect that sometimes someone needs more time, or has to face unforeseen difficulties and spend their time managing for it. These things happen. I know it. 

But, at the same time, maybe I'm an old school man, and I try to always respect my commitments, I like people who respect their word. 
And I value gestures very much, in the small details you can see who you do business with, who you are with; in any environment of life.

And I believe that any supplier, retailer, or collaborator, in any business, all of them.... can have problems, of course, and they can have delays, absolutely; but.... if you have a business the first thing you must do is to keep the parties informed, everytthing clear in every moment, and secondly, take care of people that trusted you.

This is my general vision.

Let's see how it ends.

THHANK YOU everybody! 😊

PS: Yes, this is a community.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 11

46 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

@ukade2327 @extantsrevenge @Manticore4 @Veum @nathan_s82 @Gary K, thank you for your words and support. 

@Masterblaster Thank you very much for your help and support, even when it is not your responsibility. 

The truth is that I prefer to buy through a GB whenever I can, but when it has not been possible, I try not to bother the staff or you too much. I did it few times, but you are not to blame for people's circumstances , and if you had to manage for everyone who was late for a GB or left without a copy, it would drive you crazy. That's the fact.

The best solution, obviously, is to come here a lot of times and try not to be late for any GB. That's the best advice I can give to any Psycho. 👈
And if you can have a membership, all the better. Otherwise, you can also lose them. Be sure.

As about Rarofilm... I'm a guy with patience, and I understand that nowadays the market has a lot more difficulties than before, more than people usually think...., that's why I don't mind waiting, and I respect that sometimes someone needs more time, or has to face unforeseen difficulties and spend their time managing for it. These things happen. I know it. 

But, at the same time, maybe I'm an old school man, and I try to always respect my commitments, I like people who respect their word. 
And I value gestures very much, in the small details you can see who you do business with, who you are with; in any environment of life.

And I believe that any supplier, retailer, or collaborator, in any business, all of them.... can have problems, of course, and they can have delays, absolutely; but.... if you have a business the first thing you must do is to keep the parties informed, everytthing clear in every moment, and secondly, take care of people that trusted you.

This is my general vision.

Let's see how it ends.

THHANK YOU everybody! 😊

PS: Yes, this is a community.

Well stated, @Casiusco, we are all in this collecting habit together! I sincerely hope the guys at Raro Film will honor your purchase!

• Like 7

Awards

🥤🧋🎬 🤠 🐴 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️ 🥵  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

It has been a long oppressive, humid, hot week and if we can get through today in these parts we might get some temp relief soon! 🙏 

image.gif.c22cebffc784973d2254b2dbc67369d1.gif image.gif.9fc650e8e399956c1d0ce52c1ff6060f.gif

25%
Mostly sunny and very hot; danger of dehydration and heatstroke if outside for extended periods of time

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... * WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to 111. * WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening. * IMPACTS...Extreme heat and humidity will significantly increase the potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.

• Like 5