IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

image.gif.d0e50b7e5fd3b26a9500beefdede0b53.gif

Saturday, June 24

Warmer with times of clouds and sun; more humid this afternoon; air quality will be unhealthy for sensitive groups

This Air Quality Action day will be in effect from 1200 AM to 1159 PM. An Air Quality Action Day means that a combination of the high temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed federally mandated standards. Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to reduce ozone forming emissions: * Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation. * Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip. * Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7pm. * Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds. * Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above. 

• Like 3

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

About Netflix.

In Spain there is some controversy because Netflix has signed up a group of typical trash TV collaborators, who have starred for 14 years in a very successful program... but, in my opinion, extremely vulgar and shameful reality TV show. All tabloids, rumours, insults, shouting, and few scruples. I guess you all have such a show in your country.

And Netflix is going to air a reality show with them, sending them to different countries to look for jobs. 

The "Netflix model" was supposed to bring quality back to TV, but for some time now, at least here, they have been going for mass success, and that means people who live happily with reality and trash TV. 

And that is causing Netflix's fame here to fall. It seems that now anything goes in order to add subscribers. But what they are achieving is that there are fewer...

It's as if after a while, they are going to offer the same free programmes from open channels, but paying. 

Do you have the same feeling?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

About Netflix.

In Spain there is some controversy because Netflix has signed up a group of typical trash TV collaborators, who have starred for 14 years in a very successful program... but, in my opinion, extremely vulgar and shameful reality TV show. All tabloids, rumours, insults, shouting, and few scruples. I guess you all have such a show in your country.

And Netflix is going to air a reality show with them, sending them to different countries to look for jobs. 

The "Netflix model" was supposed to bring quality back to TV, but for some time now, at least here, they have been going for mass success, and that means people who live happily with reality and trash TV. 

And that is causing Netflix's fame here to fall. It seems that now anything goes in order to add subscribers. But what they are achieving is that there are fewer...

It's as if after a while, they are going to offer the same free programmes from open channels, but paying. 

IDK 🤷‍♂️ I’ve NEVER subscribed Netflix…

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Casiusco said:

About Netflix.

The quality has definitely went downhill for sure. If it wasn't for the Netflix owned shows or continued shows from other networks, I wouldn't have it. 

• Like 4

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be   here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

Not much sleep last night and I have a dentist appointment today and tomorrow go to get a MRI on my knee 🥱 

image.gif.f6c271943ebc4498bfaeae2fdae62607.gif

WED6/28

Hazy sunshine; smoke will reduce visibility and lead to poor air quality

Visibility Reduction Due to Smoke Today... All of central Indiana will continue to see impacts from Canadian wildfire smoke today. Current visibilities are generally between 2 and 3 miles, with a few peak reductions near 1 mile. This will likely continue through sunrise. Daytime mixing could help improve conditions later today, but reduced visibilities are still expected for much of the day. Air Quality will be unhealthy for sensitive groups. If traveling through these areas be prepared for haze that could suddenly reduce visibilities. Conditions will likely improve by Thursday.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, Veum said:

IDK 🤷‍♂️ I’ve NEVER subscribed Netflix…

8 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

The quality has definitely went downhill for sure. If it wasn't for the Netflix owned shows or continued shows from other networks, I wouldn't have it. 

I've never had Netflix for a long time, over the years three times I've been given a few months free for some promotion, and I've tried it.

The first time I was envious not to have it, there was a lot of interesting stuff. That's when I discovered "House of Cards". 

The second time I detected that there were too many vulgar "soap operas" imitating "Narcos" disguised as 10-episode Netflix series. I saw what I was interested in, and I stopped. "The Irishman" was great, and the re-construction of a Orson Welles film too. And some great exclusive series too.

The third time I logged into my account from my computer, and I kept "liking" what I liked and had already seen so that the algorithm would automatically offer me content adapted to my tastes. And I spent entire screens with nothing to like.

@Veum, I don't think you're missing much nowadays. I don't know how things work in the USA, but for the movies I think you like in Spain you'd enjoy Prime Video more. Anyway, with the pharaonic collection you have, you don't need any platform to enjoy. You need time!

@nathan_s82 The bad thing is that they risk less and less, and invest less and less. The cancellation of Fincher's "Mindhunter" is a sign. A critically acclaimed series would never have been cancelled a few years ago. v

• Like 5

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be  🌩️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

image.gif.9b38046debbf059780c01d6c5f064076.gif

80%
Sun and clouds with a strong thunderstorm; humid; poor air quality; storms can bring damaging winds, flash flooding and hail

AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EDT FRIDAY... An Air Quality Action Day for PM 2.5 has been issued. Fine particulate levels are expected to be in the Orange or Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups range. Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma should limit prolonged outdoor exposure. Here are some recommended actions that the public can take: * Carpool or use public transportation. * Staying indoors whenever possible. * Monitor indoor air quality by keeping air circulating and checking on indoor filtration systems. * Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip. * Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7pm. * Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds. * Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above.

• Like 5