IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ajames212 said:

@Casiusco and that 30 year old plus sequel made bank. Smart move bye his part. 

I really liked the film, I had a great time, but if I'm honest, I was very surprised by its box office. I'm glad, but I didn't expect it: Cruise has made good movies, as entertaining as this one, and his success has been relative.

But I'm glad his time has come.

He deserves it!

When I saw him in the movie theater in the pre-"Maverick" message, I wanted to applaud. I didn't because I was lying with my feet up, and I would have dropped the popcorn, the Coke, the candy, and everything else. :D 

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Casiusco 

Not only did he have to fight to have the movie released in theaters he had to also fight to make sure the studio didn’t cut short it’s theatrical run. These dummies only wanted the movie to be exclusive to theater chains for like a month, & then be available on streaming smfh. You can’t make up how out of touch some of those people are. Glad he was able to win in the end, because Top Gun: Maverick is damn entertaining. It’s my number one movie of the year!

These "disconnected" people make decisions based on what they read on Twitter. That's why they believed that the first "Sharknado" was going to be a box office hit.

The industry is so obsessed with being "cool" that they end up not being themselves. They are obsessed with making movies and distributing movies in a way that is meant for a generation that doesn't value going to movies. Has no sense. Then they are not surprised if they stop watching them even in streaming, and start watching a Youtuber on Twitch.

There are weekends when I don't have anything interesting to go see. Deep down it is sad.

In fact, even when Maverick it's not my number 1 this year, I'm starting to think about to go again to the movies to see it and enjoy... 😊

8 hours ago, nmskyler0405 said:

Ngl Tom Cruise is one of the actors who I respect the most in film industry. All of the movies I watched, there wasn't one where he didn't put his 100% into. The guy's acting is superb and despite his age he still pulls of a lot of crazy stunts that would make my jaw drops. Tho I'm gonna admit he's weird af but if the discussion is within the film industry only then this guy is second to none imo.

Same thing goes to Kevin Spacey, my all time favourite actor but I rarely bring him up in a discussion because people may think I support what he did irl (which I don't) 

the usual suspects GIF

I don't care what he does in his private life. As long as he doesn't kill anyone, it's his life. And yes, with his films you always have a good time. You may like them more or less, but you have fun.

And no, I don't support what Spacey did. But I don't know if he did either. At the moment there is no firm judgment against him that affirms it categorically.

Perhaps with so many complaints, something is true, maybe, in Spain there is a saying that says that "when the river sounds... water carries"; but I have also read the testimony of few of the victims, and in a couple of cases their arguments seemed to me a shame, very little serious. 

It is a complex subject. We'll see how it ends.

But people shouldn't be afraid to talk about these things. If we don't, we run the risk of crucifying someone -like happened with Morgan Freeman- without him having done anything wrong.

7 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

ALWAYS…… Save the best till Last 😁👌🏼

5875060d5b17b65e1da769a18e17b7b9.gif

PS: He deserves an spin off...!!!

6 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

At this point Cruise does what Cruise wants, he's got too much pull to say no to. He wants a submarine? He gets a submarine!
I could never have worked with the guy, he's way into his trade whereas I just wanna do my job and get paid. Just a (somewhat vital) cog in the machine, I don't give a stop using inappropriate language :P

It's true, and it will be even more so after Maverick: Cruise does what he wants, and now there is no one who can stop him. In the years to come he can give us great joy.

The bad thing is, how many people today can say that they do what they want? Cruise, Nolan, maybe Spielberg...and not always, Lucas did it before he retired, and David Lynch...but not always...he usually has to find money, and ends up arguing. Fincher? I doubt it, so we have been left without the long-awaited third season of "Midhunters." Even Michael Douglas does what he wants, that a couple of years ago they did not want to approve of him being able to make a movie with only a 25 million budget.

That's the bad thing, that those who know have less and less power.

About working with him: once Alejandro Amenabar, who directed Nicole Kidman in "The Others" when they were still married, a film that Cruise himself produced, said that he had been amazed - surprised, impressed - with Criose on the set.

He said that Cruise knew everything, everything, all the technical aspects, even the smallest; he knew everything and asked everything. Even by the type of lenses, the brand, the model. All. The light, the technics, the interpretation. All in all phases of the process. That Cruise told him that when he was filming, at night he uses to go over everything done to see that it looked good, that there were no mistakes, and that even so, sometimes something escaped. And he gave him as an example a scene from "Mission Impossible 2" that, according to Cruise, had not been perfectly focused.

Of course, working with him must be stressful, and the pressure must be brutal; but, at the same time, if you like that business, that work, it has to be a tremendous opportunity to learn, to work at the highest level, and to do something great. I guess he's the typical profile that spreads his energy to everyone, and in addition to a job, you end up living an experience.

It would be funny and interesting work with/for him.

4 hours ago, Basil said:

well said that man @Casiusco and @Hollywood E Rock with your comments 👍

top gun maverick my favourite of the year cannot wait for steelbook and premiums of them.

when are the studios going to learn streaming is not the only way forward they can still make big money with cinema, blu ray's steelbooks and streaming

its not an either or it could be both and everyone will have multiple sittings :D

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

I agree!

The movies and the theaters are (not still, always!) a big bussiness.  The problem for me is that the studios have become so used to a certain level of box office, that everything that is not that is considered a failure; and, on the other hand, they are obsessed with not being late for new trends, something dangerous, forgetting everything that is behind them.

And yes, there is also money to be made with steelbooks. And everything is complementary: theaters, steelbooks, streaming.

By the way, a lover of cinema like Cruise, and of the conservation of what it is, and of its basic rituals, would he also be a lover of cinema in physical format?

Who knows, maybe we have a Psycho there and we don't know it.

We would end up seeing some edition "approved by Tom Cruise", with a letter from him of thanks.

It would be great. :D 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Casiusco I was checking movie theater times for the new Dragonball Z movie

jkjz5N3.jpg

and stumbled over this 

0HLRdW3.jpg

Fan Appreciation?! FREE Collector’s Print?! Behind The Scenes Bonus Content?! 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Wow! It looks very very interesting.

Are you going?

I guess so.

That "collector's print" would be a treasure.

Keep us informed!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock the dragon ball what 😒

Tom Cruise What GIF

Dragon Ball is a Japanese franchise that has been around since the 80s. It started as a manga series (comic book), & transition to animation. The cartoon is considered by a lot of people to be the greatest action anime ever created, & their is a new movie coming out in theaters soon. Me, & some buddies are planning to go see it, & I was checking the times to report back to them to make sure we could all go together.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Dragon Ball is a Japanese franchise that has been around since the 80s. It started as a manga series (comic book), & transition to animation. The cartoon is considered by a lot of people to be the greatest action anime ever created, & their is a new movie coming out in theaters soon. Me, & some buddies are planning to go see it, & I was checking the times to report back to them to make sure we could all go together.

How about some classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons instead :) 🙌

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

Howabout some relentless…

Battlestar Galactica Robot GIF terminator GIF

Remember also we have our ace destroyer and once you’re caught and you will be caught trust me you’ll ask for mercy mouhahaha…

Listen to Ygor summoning his friend & all of us older ones friend too mouhahaha…

strangle frankensteins monster GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 4