IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

10 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Had to do the same yesterday... what a waste of gasoline. Got to sit alone in an empty building doing all the same work I could have been doing from home without the added expense. You have my sympathies! 

I have an odd situation.  I'm the only person on my team that works in Denver.  The rest are in charlotte or NY.  So I'm wasting gas, paying for parking and commute time.  Now they want us in 3 days a week starting next month.  Wonder if ill comply. 

• Like 4

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bossjon said:

I have an odd situation.  I'm the only person on my team that works in Denver.  The rest are in charlotte or NY.  So I'm wasting gas, paying for parking and commute time.  Now they want us in 3 days a week starting next month.  Wonder if ill comply. 

Mine's going to 3x/week beginning at the end of the month. And since I need money and health care and retirement savings, I'll comply, until I figure out how much it's costing me (we get to pay for parking on-site, too! Good deal for them, they get us coming and going!) and if there's any benefit to it, aside from the added stress and associated BS of being back at the office. But, my boss is very concerned about what the higher-ups may do with the building we're in if we stay remote, so I guess I'm going in. :/ 

On the bright side, it's also construction season and literally every route I could take to work is completely wrecked and slow-going, so I should be able to start working through my library of audiobooks I've been neglecting for the past few years of working from home. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, MikeH5856 said:

Mine's going to 3x/week beginning at the end of the month. And since I need money and health care and retirement savings, I'll comply, until I figure out how much it's costing me (we get to pay for parking on-site, too! Good deal for them, they get us coming and going!) and if there's any benefit to it, aside from the added stress and associated BS of being back at the office. But, my boss is very concerned about what the higher-ups may do with the building we're in if we stay remote, so I guess I'm going in. :/ 

On the bright side, it's also construction season and literally every route I could take to work is completely wrecked and slow-going, so I should be able to start working through my library of audiobooks I've been neglecting for the past few years of working from home. 🤣

• Haha 4

@bossjon and @MikeH5856 im work in a workshop unfortunately i dont get a choice

but we had no work last 2-3 weeks, im currently waiting on some tools to do some jobs but my manager doesn't seem fussed about either.

i have to sit here and do nothing its boring as hell.

regards dragging you in case of office going is stupid too, work for office staff has changed forever more remote working and getting new smaller buildings where you may turn up once a week for odd face too face meeting, the companies that dont do this will go under eventually.

even my office in my company are doing this still, basically there are 3 people in two buildings usually and once every week they come in for big sales meetings.

and odd training for outside companies in engineering training room.

but anyone that just carries on will bury the company eventually why have big massive office buildings now with that cost that is no longer needed with remote working

basil 👍

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

@bossjon and @MikeH5856 im work in a workshop unfortunately i dont get a choice

but we had no work last 2-3 weeks, im currently waiting on some tools to do some jobs but my manager doesn't seem fussed about either.

i have to sit here and do nothing its boring as hell.

regards dragging you in case of office going is stupid too, work for office staff has changed forever more remote working and getting new smaller buildings where you may turn up once a week for odd face too face meeting, the companies that dont do this will go under eventually.

even my office in my company are doing this still, basically there are 3 people in two buildings usually and once every week they come in for big sales meetings.

and odd training for outside companies in engineering training room.

but anyone that just carries on will bury the company eventually why have big massive office buildings now with that cost that is no longer needed with remote working

basil 👍

Watching our supervisors cling to outdated work ethos is like watching the dinosaurs die. And now that us peons know how good we could have it...it's frustrating. I get more work done at home without supervision then I do at the office with a boss wandering in and checking up on us and wanting to make small talk and complain and blah blah blah. But the Richie Rich's that run the show want to continue on with the way it was done in the 1950s instead of waking up to the future and realizing we're in 2022 and have options. It's so freaking pointless to go wade through an hour's worth of traffic to sit alone at my desk at the office to take Zoom meetings that could have been done from home.

But, ultimately, it all comes to down thing in the end. As they said in Goodfellas,

image.gif.a140ee37969b7592dc2e8cbef27baedb.gif

And if the boss wants to drop in and make small talk, he'll just have to remember one thing while I'm there.

if-you-want-my-friendship-you-have-to-pay-me-eric-cartman.gif.74e788138f26f3b197aefd96ce140a70.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Watching our supervisors cling to outdated work ethos is like watching the dinosaurs die. And now that us peons know how good we could have it...it's frustrating. I get more work done at home without supervision then I do at the office with a boss wandering in and checking up on us and wanting to make small talk and complain and blah blah blah. But the Richie Rich's that run the show want to continue on with the way it was done in the 1950s instead of waking up to the future and realizing we're in 2022 and have options. It's so freaking pointless to go wade through an hour's worth of traffic to sit alone at my desk at the office to take Zoom meetings that could have been done from home.

But, ultimately, it all comes to down thing in the end. As they said in Goodfellas,

image.gif.a140ee37969b7592dc2e8cbef27baedb.gif

And if the boss wants to drop in and make small talk, he'll just have to remember one thing while I'm there.

if-you-want-my-friendship-you-have-to-pay-me-eric-cartman.gif.74e788138f26f3b197aefd96ce140a70.gif

Working Office Space GIF

office space eight bosses GIF

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, damships said:

I’ve been back in the office and unfortunately only got about 1-2 months of Remote Work. I also had to drag myself to the office today. I’ve been increasing my cardio in the mornings from 30 minutes to 1 hour, but crap it’s hitting me now. 😂 So freaking tired right now I just want to sleep. 

Tired Baby GIF

common star jumps 1-2-3-4 xD 

200.gif

basil xD 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, damships said:

I’ve been back in the office and unfortunately only got about 1-2 months of Remote Work. I also had to drag myself to the office today. I’ve been increasing my cardio in the mornings from 30 minutes to 1 hour, but crap it’s hitting me now. 😂 So freaking tired right now I just want to sleep. 

Tired Baby GIF

That's the nice part about being the only one in the office. They may take our freedom, but they will never take our naptime! 🤣

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Haha 3