IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…. I Love that Beautiful Brain of yours @Casiusco 👌🏼

giphy.gif

When I have a sad day, or I'm down, my list of people I'm going to call is this:

1. My grandmother.
2. @Pbsw23
3. An old colleague who presumed to be handsome and now why has he eaten a pizzeria.
4. A girl who rejected me years ago and has eaten another pizzeria.
5. My favorite pizzeria, to comfort me and be as happy as they are.

Thanks dude. I'm going to print your posts and put them in a digital frame in the living room.

your-higness-bow.gif

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I could talk about Number 5 for days, but I know I would likely fall down the rabbit hole offend someone 🤐😁

Everyone is Sooooo obsessed with Entitlement, Empowerment, Influencing and Fame and Fortune, that we have quite literally forgotten the Fundamentals in what it takes to actually be a decent stand up human being, and take care of one another.

giphy.gif

Certain. Now you can't make jokes about so many things that soon laughter will be declared heresy.

tumblr_n03fjywswx1qeu5who1_r3_250.gif

We cannot make jokes about politics, or religion, or about races, or about people's bodies, or about sex, or about animals if they suffer during the joke, or about flags, or about wars, or even about the misfortunes of others.

But movies until few years ago, only fews, was full of jojes/scenes about this kind of things. Even in family films.

And someone would say that hose were bad examples of behaviour/commentaries/attitudes, but... aren't we adults? Are we going to compulsorily repeat everything we see in the movies, like little children? 

Moreover, think of a movie like "Love Actually", where the president of England makes comments or gestures about the body of his assistant. Or when there are two people who work in an industry where bodies are objects. You may or may not like it, but shouldn't it be done? Yes, the current wave of censorship today would not approve of "Love Actually."

If we can't make a joke, what are we going to say against the Fatwa declared on Salman Rushdie for writing "The Satanic Verses"? What was said in the book was said by a character, and we all felt good about distinguishing that from a director's statement. What is said is said by a character in a fiction, inside the art work.

And we were all against the Fatwa and in favor of freedom.

And now we do these? Do we declare non-grata the one who writes a dialogue that we don't like?

That is the first step to prevent shooting a film that has a scene that we do not like.

And that is the previous step to prevent a film from being released on a topic that we do not like.

579004.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Casiusco

I nominate @Fortis93, because he is a man in the future. He will already know the days when @Basil won’t be in here early so he can fill those shoes. For a matter of fact he has already read my message & responded. He is just that far ahead of us.

ove for one another, because of you know who 🙄 getting in their feelings about it.

Colin Jost Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

Probably because a lot of those movies have been 💩, & don’t deserve the collectors edition treatment. 

No I didn’t think of him, because I saw the unreleased behind the scenes footage that revealed who was really playing the character.

squirrel grooming GIF

@extantsrevenge!!! Or is Robert Downey Jr. really Nils pretending to be a squirrel?

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

1) @Fortis93 is a man of the future, on that we agree. But I think he is probably the first visitor from a technologically superior future, and he has come to guide us.

In fact, he probably already knows which editions are going to sell better before the film is even shot. And he knows when a GB will be opened before the thread is even created.

He reminds me a lot this man:

c4c5a6fcdfbd56306bfc732dcabb36bc.jpg

2) About bad thims this year, I look forward with sincere devotion to the collector's editions of "The Northman" and "Elvis". And if someone do anything even more special than the steelbook with "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent", I'll be there. 

And "House of Gucci", maybe too.

@Fortis93, could you tell us which editions will be released and when? I have special interest in these four, and also in the collector's edition of The Godfather discussed here, or the Tenet UHD Club. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Certain. Now you can't make jokes about so many things that soon laughter will be declared heresy.

tumblr_n03fjywswx1qeu5who1_r3_250.gif

We cannot make jokes about politics, or religion, or about races, or about people's bodies, or about sex, or about animals if they suffer during the joke, or about flags, or about wars, or even about the misfortunes of others.

But movies until few years ago, only fews, was full of jojes/scenes about this kind of things. Even in family films.

And someone would say that hose were bad examples of behaviour/commentaries/attitudes, but... aren't we adults? Are we going to compulsorily repeat everything we see in the movies, like little children? 

Moreover, think of a movie like "Love Actually", where the president of England makes comments or gestures about the body of his assistant. Or when there are two people who work in an industry where bodies are objects. You may or may not like it, but shouldn't it be done? Yes, the current wave of censorship today would not approve of "Love Actually."

If we can't make a joke, what are we going to say against the Fatwa declared on Salman Rushdie for writing "The Satanic Verses"? What was said in the book was said by a character, and we all felt good about distinguishing that from a director's statement. What is said is said by a character in a fiction, inside the art work.

And we were all against the Fatwa and in favor of freedom.

And now we do these? Do we declare non-grata the one who writes a dialogue that we don't like?

That is the first step to prevent shooting a film that has a scene that we do not like.

And that is the previous step to prevent a film from being released on a topic that we do not like.

579004.jpg

It's quite sad that recently there has been threats against comedians like Craig Robinson and Dave Chappelle because they're defending the art. These creatures need to loosen up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Casiusco said:

@Fortis93, could you tell us which editions will be released and when? I have special interest in these four, and also in the collector's edition of The Godfather discussed here, or the Tenet UHD Club. 

In this future, Disney has bought MP and all the major premium labels.

Physical premiums no longer exist. Everything is virtual now.

Premiums now come in the form of NFTs which you can only buy via Triple 24K Gold-Plated Diamond Platinum Membership.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Now even when I’m not looking for peoples opinions on things I’m able to run across them. The age of information allows us to see much more than any other group of people from the past. Past generations wasn’t better, they just was able to live in delusion, at least a large enough number of them.

This is not the information age, it is the data age.

On the one hand, everyone has an opinion, and there are no longer references, only influencers whose authority is an accountant and not his arguments. On the other hand, we have so many sources of information that it's grotesque that most people don't have a consistent criteria for choosing them.

Actually, we are in the era of disinformation: there are more and more channels -and more tools- to manage people, take and conduct them where you want. More tools to deceive and misinform.

We are in the era of fake news.

Welcome.

welcome.gif

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Premiums now come in the form of NFTs which you can only buy via Triple 24K Gold-Plated Diamond Platinum Membership.

If anyone remembered the Conan O'Brian skit

in-theyear2000-sing.gif.c389973d5b7d31e040aea53dab609e76.gif

This perfectly sums up @Fortis93

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Wrap each cheese stick in spring roll pastry and deep fry.

Serve with some pasta sauce.

It makes a nice snack/appetiser.

exps42249_SD1785596D47A_RMS.jpg

mmmm-yummy.gif

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

It's a Greek dish/appetiser.

Essentially a piece of fried cheese.

99f6800a3f6f9bde0c0a883be7910e83.jpg

I love it!

Absolutely.

I tried it a few months ago in Cyprus, and it's delicious. Awesome. I could eat all day just that.

Hell, I was going to start my healthy life today and you've already spoiled it for me... :( 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, RAK said:

One of the reasons I don’t really use FB for communicating with family, and friends. Just a lot of unwarranted bitching, and moaning. Seems like it went from sharing photos, and conversations with family and friends that don’t get to see you all the time, to just complaining about everything. I usually just stick to my movie groups on FB for updates on upcoming releases, and try to stay far away from all the toxic people.

17 hours ago, Rambo said:

I agree with this!

and I don't have a facebook account

17 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I couldn’t deal with people anymore and nixed my Facebook account a few years ago. Haven’t missed it in the least. But then @Fortis93was kind enough to point me toward a custom steelbook group over there. I reactivated just long enough to join, see what a few people were up to, and then deactivated again. 😂  Now I’m thinking I should reactivate, unfriend 99% of my “friends” on there and just stick to following a few boutique labels and some groups until it becomes too much a time sink or buzz killer. 

17 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

This is a good reason! Suppose if I do reactivate, I’ll have to keep my wife on my friends list… :/ 

About social nets...

I don't like FB . I have a personal account, almost empty, and which I haven't updated since 2013, and another that I had to create just for my work, because there are places where Facebook is very popular and I have to contact and keep up to date with some things.

I don't like to talk about my life, nor do I ever post photos of my family or my friends. Never. I don't even tell where I'm going or what I do. We are already controlled enough to make it easier. As you read Snowden's book, your hair will stand on end.

I have Twitter, I never write anything; sometimes I retweet something about movies, little else. It's just a news container, including the useful PM posts.

Social media is dumbing people down.

I see people from my parents' generation who get addicted to posting their flowers, their food, compulsively, and it's okay for them to approach new technologies, but publishing their lives is something I never saw as funny. They think they're telling their friend, and they're telling the whole planet.

I see young people, teenagers, who not only spend a lot of time with social networks, but also that, as an important source of information in their lives, is changing their perception of the world and of everyday life.
It didn't take an internal Facebook report to know that Instagram is seriously harming young girls.

The way they relate to each other becomes insane. Envy, public exhibition, the need to have an ¿impact?; even when there is a problem it's anxiety 24 hours a day, because 24 hours a day the smartphone can ring.

But this starts before, when in a Disney Channel series a family goes on vacation and the important thing is not to share moments together, or have fun, but to have a good photo to upload to the network to make one envy. Or a video to increase followers.

Yes, here we go.

scale?width=1200&aspectRatio=1.78&format

PS: @MikeH5856 Create a new account.... You do it for his peace of mind and his happiness, don't worry.  ;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

And are you going to buy your NFT of  the sequel of "Batman vs Mickey vs Darth Mahul vs Spiderman"?

A world where physical editions were banned and had to be smuggled in would be a lot of fun...

We would be like escaped Blade Runners...

fairordinarybluebird-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

1) @Fortis93 is a man of the future, on that we agree. But I think he is probably the first visitor from a technologically superior future, and he has come to guide us.

In fact, he probably already knows which editions are going to sell better before the film is even shot. And he knows when a GB will be opened before the thread is even created.

He reminds me a lot this man:

c4c5a6fcdfbd56306bfc732dcabb36bc.jpg

2) About bad thims this year, I look forward with sincere devotion to the collector's editions of "The Northman" and "Elvis". And if someone do anything even more special than the steelbook with "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent", I'll be there. 

@Fortis93wow sh1t man kevin spacey thats tough xD 

Super Troopers Police GIFPolice Costume GIF by Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

basil xD 

• Haha 4