IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody!

Today on the beach it was amazing. At 10 at night there weren't so many people, but it was very good.

And nothing like getting home, preparing something delicious for dinner, picking up a good edition, and watching a good movie. ;) 

We Psychos are people who know about the good things in life.

We are the new hedonists! :D

Take care.

PD: And... yeah, nothing like ice cream and a good dinner to try to forget my absurd lapsus -like a newbie- with the GB of WCL Citizen Kane.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, damships said:

Anyone else see NOPE? Thoughts? Looking Up Jordan Peele GIF by NOPE

I saw it opening day and really loved it…it’s only gotten better as I’ve thought about it more and more.  

My full review from last week -

I was concerned having seen the trailers that too much of Jorden Peele’s latest had been spoiled for me.  I needn’t have been worried, as our new master of genre filmmaking is way too savvy for that and the wondrous Nope had many surprises left to unfurl.  

Peele is an astonishing filmmaker, here fusing elements from Spielberg, Hitchcock, Shyamalan and others in a film language that he’s rapidly establishing as his own.  His years working in comedy clearly taught him never to skimp on robust characterizations and he’s given us two terrific leads - played to perfection by Daniel Kaluuya and Keke Palmer.  As siblings with contrasting personalities, they really sell the sometimes shaky dynamics between love and real irritation that underscores so many siblings.   The supporting cast is terrific as well, but Michael Wincott steals the show.  

The visual effects are extraordinary and there are sequences in the final act that left me slack jawed with cinematic wonder.   It’s really ironic that a film so interested in the perils of spectacle is itself impossible to turn away from.  

My only minor gripe was the Gordy subplot and that while it bore some introductory thematic weight, it ultimately seemed pointless.  

That said, this was an outstanding achievement, another likely hit for Peele and one that really ought be seen in theaters.  

I’m really grateful Peele has so unapologetically embraced genre filmmaking and I really hope he continues that way for the duration of his career.

***I’ll just say that since I wrote this, my thinking on the Gordy subplot has evolved and I know actually find it not just harrowing, but a crucial parallel to the main narrative. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, waxenol said:

How do I mark myself as away?!

Im in the north until Friday with no internet at my cabin. .. Don't want to miss anything or upset anyone!!!

Screenshot_20220727-092043_Maps.jpg

@waxenol go to your account settings & under the overview on the left (at least on my iPad) there is aMember Away push it and slide enable away status then push save, you have it then! 😉 

• Like 3

E06D6930-FD4A-45AA-9346-D029E7DEC0C3.thumb.jpeg.c776623d9b5dcb5b4ef622d8d0c070d3.jpeg

939527D7-C630-47E3-9CB5-79BD96CCEB2A.thumb.jpeg.afdf5082ef7483554a0f0f72c956ac9f.jpeg

About 2 weeks ago I found this little guy living under a abandoned car parked in front of a vacant house on my route at work. I’m not sure how he got there, all the neighbors on that street don’t have cats. No one seemed to care either which was upsetting. After 4 days of me coming by during and after work to feed him and give him water, he finally worked up the courage to come out from under the car enough for me to grab him. I took him straight to the vet because he was extremely malnourished and also found out he had worms ☹️ BUT I’m happy to report he is now happy and healthy and chasing all the dogs around our house. We named him Gordon Cole. 

5FB507C7-5A01-4862-A336-1235237EB20E.thumb.jpeg.7d47e44cbe7f39b8e7c804b6608f7241.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Reagh said:

E06D6930-FD4A-45AA-9346-D029E7DEC0C3.thumb.jpeg.c776623d9b5dcb5b4ef622d8d0c070d3.jpeg

939527D7-C630-47E3-9CB5-79BD96CCEB2A.thumb.jpeg.afdf5082ef7483554a0f0f72c956ac9f.jpeg

About 2 weeks ago I found this little guy living under a abandoned car parked in front of a vacant house on my route at work. I’m not sure how he got there, all the neighbors on that street don’t have cats. No one seemed to care either which was upsetting. After 4 days of me coming by during and after work to feed him and give him water, he finally worked up the courage to come out from under the car enough for me to grab him. I took him straight to the vet because he was extremely malnourished and also found out he had worms ☹️ BUT I’m happy to report he is now happy and healthy and chasing all the dogs around our house. We named him Gordon Cole. 

5FB507C7-5A01-4862-A336-1235237EB20E.thumb.jpeg.7d47e44cbe7f39b8e7c804b6608f7241.jpeg

I don’t understand why people do this to animals it gets me mad how can just do that. I wonder how many people saw him and just left him to many selfish people in this world today. That’s a great thing you did and congrats on the new family member 😂.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Reagh said:

🥤🤠 very nice of you @Reagh Congrats 🙌 

… which reminds me of a similar story in my same work, this kitty kept coming near our office and someone suggested I take the kitty to my apartment which I did (tried), however after several days I could not stop sneezing (allergic to cat hair apparently 😆) & took it back to the apartments it was around knocking on doors and finally found someone who did take it in! :)

sneezing GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reagh said:

Awww! Hi Gordon! He's a cutie. Good work, @Reagh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, damships said:

Anyone else see NOPE? Thoughts? Looking Up Jordan Peele GIF by NOPE

Yes, I saw it on Sunday and really enjoyed this one. Some quick thoughts I had on it was I think it did a nice job of paying homage to classic sci-fi films while also telling it's own, original story. It does a brilliant job highlighting Hollywood's dangerous relationship with spectacle while being a Hollywood movie that's based on a spectacle. It's meta and I liked it. 

I don't think it is Peele's best script, however I think this is his best film directorial wise. He really is a writer and director to continue to watch as he consistently puts out movies that are not only entertaining but thought-provoking. 

My last note: for anyone who maybe isn't too keen on horror films, there were only a few moments in this that had me at the edge of my seat and I ended up laughing with relief after each of these moments. The movie doesn't let itself become a horror film essentially the moment the characters utter the word "Nope" to what is happening around them and it turns into an engaging and entertaining summer blockbuster. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Reagh said:

Hey there cutie!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1