IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Basil said:

just seen this on zavvi wish i could afford but too much money to justify really

only a 1000 but £84.99 

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-accessories/dust-the-batman-limited-edition-chest-armour-glyph-1-1-prop-replica-1000-units-only-zavvi-exclusive/13412073.html

13412073-9234938164806185.jpg

basil 👍

Yup. Couldn't help myself. Loved the movie. So maybe,  I can tell my son it's for him but he's not allowed to play with it.  stays on the shelf. When he is asleep I can use it. 😁 😆  🤣 who am I kidding..  it's for me. 

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

Yup. Couldn't help myself. Loved the movie. So maybe,  I can tell my son it's for him but he's not allowed to play with it.  stays on the shelf. When he is asleep I can use it. 😁 😆  🤣 who am I kidding..  it's for me. 

Choose GIF

regards your son

Ricky Gervais Lol GIFChuck Norris Thumbs Up GIF

basil xD 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Whooo dang, this weekend is getting expensive already. Had to pay for car repairs, then went to put on a movie only to discover my receiver isn't transmitting video because the ports are all dead and only deliver sound. So... any recommendations for a new receiver? I'm leaning toward a Denon.

I use a Denon AVR and love it. I’ve never had issues with it, but it is an older model. Probably 5-7 years old. First one with Atmos I think lol Don’t know much about the newer models, but Denon is a very reliable brand. 

• Like 2

Awards

6 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Whooo dang, this weekend is getting expensive already. Had to pay for car repairs, then went to put on a movie only to discover my receiver isn't transmitting video because the ports are all dead and only deliver sound. So... any recommendations for a new receiver? I'm leaning toward a Denon.

Wait, can’t you (for the time being) just use the receiver for the sound and play the video directly from the player and TV via HDMI?

• Like 2

Awards

2 minutes ago, damships said:

Wait, can’t you (for the time being) just use the receiver for the sound and play the video directly from the player and TV via HDMI?

Gonna try that in a few minutes. Had to take a break from switching out cables behind the TV stand and get the kinks out of my knees. Need to complain a bit first! LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Gonna try that in a few minutes. Had to take a break from switching out cables behind the TV stand and get the kinks out of my knees. Need to complain a bit first! LOL

😂😂😂😂😂 Trust me, messing with wires is obnoxious to me. I remember one time I had added height speakers to my receiver and then it messed up the sound with one of my other speakers. I was on my knees forever with speaker wire everywhere trying to figure out what was wrong. Super annoying 😂 but for the video part it should work or be a solution until you’re ready to buy a new AVR. 

• Like 1

Awards

19 minutes ago, damships said:

😂😂😂😂😂 Trust me, messing with wires is obnoxious to me. I remember one time I had added height speakers to my receiver and then it messed up the sound with one of my other speakers. I was on my knees forever with speaker wire everywhere trying to figure out what was wrong. Super annoying 😂 but for the video part it should work or be a solution until you’re ready to buy a new AVR. 

I’m at a loss… no video on any of the HDMI channels when I plug the blu-Ray player directly into the TV, either. And now the receiver isn’t transmitting the Apple TV signal either. I’m going to unplug everything and start from scratch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

🥤🤠 @MikeH5856 I’m definitely no techno but I own a ONKYO STERO RECEIVER TX - 8020 and have 2 radio shack bookshelf receivers as well as 2 Sony bookshelf speakers and the receiver is hooked up to our 55” TV 📺 for extra sound… the TV audio is up to 10 & the receiver audio is set at 65… this works just fine for our little set-up! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeH5856 said:

I’m at a loss… no video on any of the HDMI channels when I plug the blu-Ray player directly into the TV, either. And now the receiver isn’t transmitting the Apple TV signal either. I’m going to unplug everything and start from scratch. 

Oh, no! I'm sorry man. Some ideas: Faulty HDMI could be an issue. But with the AVR not transmitting Apple TV that's strange...I would try the Bluray player on another television to make sure it works. 

• Like 1

Awards

34 minutes ago, damships said:

Oh, no! I'm sorry man. Some ideas: Faulty HDMI could be an issue. But with the AVR not transmitting Apple TV that's strange...I would try the Bluray player on another television to make sure it works. 

So, weirdly, it turned out to be a loose power cable from the TV. I guess it was in just enough to display over-the-air from the antenna, but not enough to power the HDMI? Never ran into that before, and only found out because I started plugging into each of the different HDMI ports and still wasn’t getting an image from anything! And then when I went to swivel the TV back into place and power cord fell out! Jesus… I feel like such an idiot now… LOL 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Stay tuned for further adventures from this techno know-nothing nincompoop … 🤪

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

So, weirdly, it turned out to be a loose power cable from the TV. I guess it was in just enough to display over-the-air from the antenna, but not enough to power the HDMI? Never ran into that before, and only found out because I started plugging into each of the different HDMI ports and still wasn’t getting an image from anything! And then when I went to swivel the TV back into place and power cord fell out! Jesus… I feel like such an idiot now… LOL 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Stay tuned for further adventures from this techno know-nothing nincompoop … 🤪

LMAO! Hey man, at least no need for an AVR right now! I'd rather it be a stupid mistake than an expense! I'm glad it got fixed! 

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤🤠 @MikeH5856 I’m definitely no techno but I own a ONKYO STERO RECEIVER TX - 8020 and have 2 radio shack bookshelf receivers as well as 2 Sony bookshelf speakers and the receiver is hooked up to our 55” TV 📺 for extra sound… the TV audio is up to 10 & the receiver audio is set at 65… this works just fine for our little set-up! :)

I was looking at Onkyo too! Along with Yamaha and Denon. Was leaning toward the latter, but since it looks like everything is OK now that’s going on the back burner again. Gonna use that money on more group buys!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 2