IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Random thin stick like crackers that taste like marmite.

You know I always read @Scary Hair talk about Marmite and never knew what it was...now upon looking it up I think everyone who puts it on bread or the like is mad.

We have something which is said to taste similar but mostly use it for some warm dishes

61R8dS-kAXL._SL1080_.jpg

every lunchbreak you can smell it on our floor from like a mile away

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Pbsw23 if I was ever to get fortunate to visit you in your beautiful country (only a pipe dream for me 😔) what kinda English food would you have for me (& how do I politely tell you I do not like it hehe)?🤔

hungry feed me GIF

Wow, what a question.

Ok for breakfast the obvious answer is a Full English Breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Mushrooms, Beans, Toast, Black Pudding, Fried Tomato, BUT! The English way. I’ve had a full English stateside and that’s was NOT Bacon! 😂 

If that’s too much, then Breakfast Muffins are a firm favourite for me. Freshly baked (takes about 20mins) and then cut in half and add butter and Jam. With a cup of tea, 4 of these are marvellous.

Lunchtime... Hmmm, a typical English lunch would be sandwiches. But these can vary widely in size, ingredients, bread etc etc. For me, I love tuna mayo with red onion &/or green chillis. But as an English lunch, it has to be a Ploughmans 😊👍🏼

Now for Dinner, it has to be Fish & Chips doesn’t it? Get yourself to the best recommended Chippy near by and just go for it. Order a little of everything. I’d suggest getting a small portion of chips, fish bites, battered sausage, a fish cake and a pot of mushy peas, and a pot of curry sauce. But honestly it’s just try it all and find what you like.

And lastly for dessert..... Get yourself in the Pub for a pint! 😂😂👍🏼

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Wow, what a question.

Ok for breakfast the obvious answer is a Full English Breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Mushrooms, Beans, Toast, Black Pudding, Fried Tomato, BUT! The English way. I’ve had a full English stateside and that’s was NOT Bacon! 😂 

If that’s too much, then Breakfast Muffins are a firm favourite for me. Freshly baked (takes about 20mins) and then cut in half and add butter and Jam. With a cup of tea, 4 of these are marvellous.

Lunchtime... Hmmm, a typical English lunch would be sandwiches. But these can vary widely in size, ingredients, bread etc etc. For me, I love tuna mayo with red onion &/or green chillis. But as an English lunch, it has to be a Ploughmans 😊👍🏼

Now for Dinner, it has to be Fish & Chips doesn’t it? Get yourself to the best recommended Chippy near by and just go for it. Order a little of everything. I’d suggest getting a small portion of chips, fish bites, battered sausage, a fish cake and a pot of mushy peas, and a pot of curry sauce. But honestly it’s just try it all and find what you like.

what about Tea Time? Where are the scones?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trianna said:

what about Tea Time? Where are the scones?

Ohhhhhh afternoon tea. Yeah that’s for ladies who lunch. Personally, can’t stand scones hence the breakfast muffin. Scones are too dense and dry for me. Now Cake on the other hand.... I’m ALL about cake! Get yourself down the local bakery for a cream doughnut.... God Yes!

But I think most self respecting (Working Class) Englishmen replaced afternoon tea with a Pint (or 4) down the local boozer. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Wow, what a question.

@Pbsw23 ok for breakfast sounds great & I had you there until Black Pudding huh 🤔 steve brule GIF

Lunch sounds yummy, then you go there w/ploughmans huh 🤔  Tom Cruise What GIF

For dinner, I love fish, but are your chips what I’m thinking of  🤔 gravity falls chips GIF

• Haha 4

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

Ohhhhhh afternoon tea. Yeah that’s for ladies who lunch. Personally, can’t stand scones hence the breakfast muffin. Scones are too dense and dry for me. Now Cake on the other hand.... I’m ALL about cake! Get yourself down the local bakery for a cream doughnut.... God Yes!

But I think most self respecting (Working Class) Englishmen replaced afternoon tea with a Pint (or 4) down the local boozer. 

Well yeah I AM a lady after all

giphy.gif

but yeah get me some of that cream...wait

tom and jerry cream GIF

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Oh yeah real fun huh...

drunk on one GIF drunk dog GIF

🤢 

throw up team america GIF

• Haha 2