IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

14 hours ago, Basil said:

@LeGonze click on my profile page and look at the top of my page, then you learn something there too :D

i dont think anyone has twigged that yet either and im probably the only member with something like that on the whole site xD

tenor.gif?itemid=12342400

Ohhhhhh Myyyy Godddddd!!!!!...

Doing it right now!!! Or at least try... xD

Thanks Brother!! ;)

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Well If I was to guess I would say they are not going to be stacked with this design. My guess comes from the fact that 4k holds more memory so they may not need the same amount of disks for this set, & most times companies used the stack method for holding over 4 discs a case. This set maybe 3 disc a steelbook.

Hopefully🤞🤞and if it is glossy and not stacked I'm getting it😎. But if it is a cheap finish no way. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

TBF, Idris is a bit of a darling in the UK these days, but I first saw him in ‘The Wire’ and I was convinced he was American. Couldn’t believe it when I found out he was English. 😱 Great Actor.

And as a side note... When is someone going to release The Wire on Steelbook format?!! Love that show.

He’s a darling here in the States too. He’s been at the top of people’s hopeful Bond list since the Wire, but it’s sort of accepted that he’s too old now. I think he’s 50? 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Christopher said:

He’s a darling here in the States too. He’s been at the top of people’s hopeful Bond list since the Wire, but it’s sort of accepted that he’s too old now. I think he’s 50? 

I think he'd be great playing an older version of the character.

Though I do think we kind of got the next best thing with John David Washington in "Tenet".

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Christopher said:

For his age he is in very great shape, but I believe that ship has gone. Hopefully he can earn even more roles that are equally as cool though. I would definitely love to see him star in a James Bond style SyFy flick.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think he'd be a great playing an older version of the character.

Though I do think we kind of got the next best thing with John David Washington in "Tenet".

Pretty pumped to go see that. A small local theater is going to play it but you can also rent it out for a small price. So gonna try and get five friends together for a socially distant movie theater watch hopefully. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Pretty pumped to go see that. A small local theater is going to play it but you can also rent it out for a small price. So gonna try and get five friends together for a socially distant movie theater watch hopefully. 

I hope you can get your friends together to accomplish that mission. I like that idea, I wonder if that option is available in my area 🤔. I’m not sure if the smaller theaters have reopened yet around where I’m at.

Speaking of Tenet @Fortis93 I listened to the video you posted earlier with a little taste of the soundtrack & 

giphy.gif

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, mjk said:

Do you know if the discs will be stacked or not inside the steelbooks?

Might be stacked unfortunately 😞 

16 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Yeah exactly... I even think it might as low as $100... That's how I got Harry Potter 4K Collection... xD

Not Happening Ufc 211 GIF by UFC

7 minutes ago, Christopher said:

old GIF

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I don’t know what was going on in my life at the time, but I missed The Wire. I remember friends & family speaking very highly about the show, but at this moment I can’t remember why I never watched it. 

I do know when people speak about him they thought the same as you did. He had a lot of people fooled. Out of the projects that I’ve seen my favorite is Luther! 

Oh & I also wonder why Wire hasn’t gotten a blu ray release. From my understanding it was a very popular show, at one time fans referred to it as HBO’s greatest show. Least before Game of Thrones came along. Considering how people felt about the ending to that show in the long run it may be viewers number one again.

OMG you Have to watch this ASAP mate! It’s just Brilliant. So many quality characters and performances. I’m not sure if I loved it more because I grew up in the right era to love Hip Hop and it’s culture, or if it’s because I’m an Englishman and simply found it fascinating, but it is still truly Brilliant. It’s grimy, it’s sad, it’s heart warming and I believe it’s supposed to be a very accurate representation. 

So many great characters like Avon Barksdale, Bubbles, Birdy, Omar etc etc. And seeing Micheal B Jordan as a skinny kid play Wallace is just mad knowing the guy he has become today. Obviously Idris Elba is amazing in it, but I just loved Wood Harris’ performance of Barksdale. I started out hating him, much like his performance in Above the Rim, but by the end I was routing for him.

I honestly recommend this to everyone, no matter their background as it is that gripping. I’ve had many late nights and little sleep watching The Wire, As it’s the Ultimate Binge fest. Seriously, make time for this Bro, you won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 3