• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Capelight Pictures:

7 Tage, 7 News - Tag 4: Dieses Projekt hat es im sich: Mehrere Schnitt- und Synchronfassungen, mehrere Master (ja, wir haben Zugriff auf das Criterion-Master).
Dieses Projekt wird eine Wucht.
Man könnte fast sagen: Greatest Spectacle ever!
RED RIVER planen wir für Mitte 2022.
Im Mediabook.
Sachdienliche Hinweise immer willkommen. #Mediabook #mediabookcollection #western #JohnWayne #capelightpictures

Capelight Pictures:

7 days, 7 news - day 4: This project has it all: Several cut and dubbed versions, several masters (yes, we have access to the Criterion master). This project is going to be a stunner. You could almost say: Greatest Spectacle ever! We are planning RED RIVER for mid-2022. In the mediabook. Relevant tips always welcome. #Mediabook #mediabookcollection #western #JohnWayne #capelightpictures

245653965_10158597581108020_3236998283362786327_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

Capelight Pictures:

7 days, 7 news - day 4: This project has it all: Several cut and dubbed versions, several masters (yes, we have access to the Criterion master).
This project is going to be a stunner.
You could almost say: Greatest Spectacle ever!
We are planning RED RIVER for mid-2022.
In the mediabook.
Relevant tips always welcome. #Mediabook #mediabookcollection #western #JohnWayne #capelightpictures

Capelight Pictures:

7 days, 7 news - day 4: This project has it all: Several cut and dubbed versions, several masters (yes, we have access to the Criterion master). This project is going to be a stunner. You could almost say: Greatest Spectacle ever! We are planning RED RIVER for mid-2022. In the mediabook. Relevant tips always welcome. #Mediabook #mediabookcollection #western #JohnWayne #capelightpictures

245653965_10158597581108020_3236998283362786327_n.jpg

This is one of my favourite movies.

Looking forward to this.

• Like 5

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

I just checked the reviews again. They're more negative than I remember. 😄

That was one of the reasons the movie wandered down on my watchlist.

Usually, reviews dont influence me that much but when the vast majority of them is negative I get concerned.

Since you have a similiar taste in movies I consider you a good benchmark and will check it out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, hal56 said:

Usually, reviews dont influence me that much but when the vast majority of them is negative I get concerned.

Since you have a similiar taste in movies I consider you a good benchmark and will check it out.

This is why I'm probably wrong on this one.

I think it was solid. Not great, but there are some neat/interesting ideas that aren't explored to their full potential.

At times, it may also come off as a repeat of many other science-fiction films (particularly Strange Days and Inception), which is where I see a lot of the criticism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catgirl said:

Ja hdzeta könnte langsam in die Gänge kommen..... immer noch keine Beautyshots von Joker und Birds of Prey 😡😰

@extantsrevenge Wer schickt mir den mein OC 300 und Nobody????????? Wird das diese Jahr noch was?????? 

Birds of Prey, gibt es schon ... oder?? Zumindest habe ich die schon gesehen.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hal56 said:

2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think it was solid. Not great, but there are some neat / interesting ideas that aren't explored to their full potential.

At times, it may also come off as a repeat of many other science-fiction films (particularly Strange Days and Inception), which is where I see a lot of the criticism.

Me & Erica had a chance to view it, & we liked it, but we also agreed that the movie could have been way better. Erica left the film frustrated with Jackman’s character actions & story arc, but she did say for what he was given he was good in the role.

I wasn’t a fan of his character arc either & I felt the film underused Thandie Newton‘s character. She was badass in the movie, but there just wasn’t enough for her to do in the film. 

I’m a sucker for detective/noir/mystery movies so even the bad ones I sometimes find myself enjoying because of certain elements that come with those films. Which is why I believe I’m more positive on the film, & don’t consider Reminiscence one of the bad ones. 

I believe the reason the film got bad reviews is because while watching the movie you are reminded of other similar films & a lot of those films are better movies. So as a viewer you could end up spending your time focusing on how Reminiscence could have been better.

Have you ever found yourself not able to get lost inside a movies story because it’s flaws keep taking you out of the moment? I believe that’s a lot of viewers experience with this movie. Me on the other hand being a big fan of the genre I was able to roll with the flaws & still come out enjoying the movie. 

Overall it’s very stylish and well directed but the script should have been worked on some more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think it was solid. Not great, but there are some neat/interesting ideas that aren't explored to their full potential.

I enjoyed the movie idea was interesting had room for more potential but its what i call one time watch. I hate reading reviews have watched plenty of films that have bombed but i have enjoyed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Me & Erica had a chance to view it, & we liked it, but we also agreed that the movie could have been way better. Erica left the film frustrated with Jackman’s character actions & story arc, but she did say for what he was given he was good in the role.

I wasn’t a fan of his character arc either & I felt the film underused Thandie Newton‘s character. She was badass in the movie, but there just wasn’t enough for her to do in the film. 

I’m a sucker for detective/noir/mystery movies so even the bad ones I sometimes find myself enjoying because of certain elements that come with those films. Which is why I believe I’m more positive on the film, & don’t consider Reminiscence one of the bad ones. 

I believe the reason the film got bad reviews is because while watching the movie you are reminded of other similar films & a lot of those films are better movies. So as a viewer you could end up spending your time focusing on how Reminiscence could have been better.

Have you ever found yourself not able to get lost inside a movies story because it’s flaws keep taking you out of the moment? I believe that’s a lot of viewers experience with this movie. Me on the other hand being a big fan of the genre I was able to roll with the flaws & still come out enjoying the movie. 

Overall it’s very stylish and well directed but the script should have been worked on some more.

I'm in agreement with everything here.

Great/interesting ideas let down by the execution.

As much as I like Hugh Jackman (and he does well here), I think placing Thandie Newton's character front and centre as the protagonist would've improved the film.

Like @Hecko said , it's something you would watch once and enjoy before moving on.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hatte ganz vergessen zu berichten. Mein Paket ist doch tatsächlich über die gennanten Wege am Ende zu mir gelangt.

Was ein Irrsinn ! Da soll mal einer die Post/DHL verstehen. Egal. Paket mit Grindhouse OC ist da, alles OK, der Rest Geschichte. 😀

Mediabook von Hacksaw Ridge ist auch da. Schickes Teil. Üdi hat ja schon Bilder gepostet. 😎

Und die Pizza wr auch super lecker.

Bleibt nur noch eins: @extantsrevenge Nils, gibts denn ein paar Beautyshots für die Gemeinde ?

im-asking-nicely-asking-nice.gif

• Haha 11