IGNORED

Dies und Das (2021)

extantsrevenge

5 hours ago, hal56 said:

Ich mochte Dont worry Darling und finde nicht, dass dich ein Film immer abholen und mit allen Antworten zurücklassen sollte oder muss.

Die besten Filme negieren oft die Logik, lassen dich 

mit mehr Fragen zurück oder etwaige Antworten sind Ursprung weiterer Interpretationen.

Diese Filme funktionieren dann in ihrer inherenten Logik auf die man sich als Zuschauer auch einlassen muss. 

Charlie Kaufmann (Adaptation), David Lynch(Lost Highway) oder auch Cronenberg (eXistenZ) sind Meister dieses Handwerks.

Ich vermisse das Konzept Film als Erlebnis oder auch Fiebertraum, der dich aufrührt, bewegt, anregt, emotional nachwirkt doch rational nicht greifbar ist.

Im wahrsten Sinne: Kino das bewegt.

Most people today go to a museum to see something they already know. And many go only to the concerts of the bands they already like. In fact, they use Spotify or Youtube lists listening to music they like, and music linked to music they already liked before. 

When something varies, it's not even very spontaneous, it's usually the relentless influence of the algorithm.

In the case of movies, something similar happens. Because people go less and less to see what they find; no, they go to find what they already know.  Even when they go to see a new movie, it is usually a product that already gives them security, with a marketing operation -direct or indirect- that assures them a certain level of comfort.

I respect that, but it's not my idea.

For me it can't be just that.

And I combine going to see movies that I already know what to expect, with movies that sometimes I don't even know what they're about. 

I'm not going to recognize anything, or something I know; I'm going to let the tide take me.

I sit in the theater, leaving the steering wheel entirely to the director. Let's see where it takes me.

And in that context, I find it a lot of fun to have film choices as an "experience". Without the need to apply canons or known aqueotypes. Going to a dark room surrounded by strangers to live an experience in front of a screen. 

Sometimes it's a disappointment. But other times it's worth it for all the others. 

And I don't care about the logic, the plot, the rhythm, or the style. I don't care about anything. What I want is the experience.

At this point, I remember a famous Spanish critic who trashed Lynch's "Inland Empire", saying that he was several times about to kick the chair and leave; he said terrible things about it. And 24 hours later he publicly acknowledged that, despite all that... he had to see it again, because he couldn't get it out of his head.

3031693.gif

That's the point I like to get to.

Other days I don't, and I go see the latest Blockbuster and eat greasy things that make me happy. 

😊

rc9xfuvvmtu81.gif

• Like 10

• Replies 106.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Casiusco:

Most people today go to a museum to see something they already know. And many go only to the concerts of the bands they already like. In fact, they use Spotify or Youtube lists listening to music they like, and music linked to music they already liked before. 

When something varies, it's not even very spontaneous, it's usually the relentless influence of the algorithm.

In the case of movies, something similar happens. Because people go less and less to see what they find; no, they go to find what they already know.  Even when they go to see a new movie, it is usually a product that already gives them security, with a marketing operation -direct or indirect- that assures them a certain level of comfort.

I respect that, but it's not my idea.

For me it can't be just that.

And I combine going to see movies that I already know what to expect, with movies that sometimes I don't even know what they're about. 

I'm not going to recognize anything, or something I know; I'm going to let the tide take me.

I sit in the theater, leaving the steering wheel entirely to the director. Let's see where it takes me.

And in that context, I find it a lot of fun to have film choices as an "experience". Without the need to apply canons or known aqueotypes. Going to a dark room surrounded by strangers to live an experience in front of a screen. 

Sometimes it's a disappointment. But other times it's worth it for all the others. 

And I don't care about the logic, the plot, the rhythm, or the style. I don't care about anything. What I want is the experience.

At this point, I remember a famous Spanish critic who trashed Lynch's "Inland Empire", saying that he was several times about to kick the chair and leave; he said terrible things about it. And 24 hours later he publicly acknowledged that, despite all that... he had to see it again, because he couldn't get it out of his head.

3031693.gif

That's the point I like to get to.

Other days I don't, and I go see the latest Blockbuster and eat greasy things that make me happy. 

😊

rc9xfuvvmtu81.gif

I see we understand each other.

It s almost always about the ride, never the destination.

And theres one other thing that bothers me with modern blockbuster cinema: its their bluntness, their banality, their broad strokes in storytelling compared to the best movies and classics out there.

One could argue they tell the same stories. However, compared to their predecessors and the best directors works, theres no poetry, no finesse or innuendos in their scripts and moviemaking.

You can say to your new girlfriend: You wanna make this night a memory that will forever  unite and only belong to us?

Or: You wanna f**ck now?

Most modern movies feel like the latter.😁

• Like 10

right firstly i would like to apologize for being grumpy yesterday, i found out the my aunties funeral is this saturday and it would cost me £1000 to get there flights and stay over night in a hotel which is simply money i don't have 😭

and i cant drive 9 hours each way my legs wont do it now 😢

i have spoke with my cousins last night and there like no don't come we are doing a live stream for those that can't get here and with your job going you can't afford it we understand completely , doesn't mean i dont feel completely awful at the moment. i hate it i should be there 😢

Oh My God Omg GIF by CBC

basil 😢

• Sad 16

13 hours ago, hal56 said:

And theres one other thing that bothers me with modern blockbuster cinema: its their bluntness, their banality, their broad strokes in storytelling compared to the best movies and classics out there.

My main issue is that too many directors/writers want to be the star of the show.

Rather than letting the story and film itself shine.

A filmmaker should be like a great magician or puppeteer.

If you can start to see the trick or the strings being pulled, you've broken the illusion and lost the audience.

You're more concerned with what the filmmaker is doing than the film itself.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 13

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Gentleman:

YEESS, gerade noch ein Oppenheimer 4K Steel bei amazon abgegriffen, da gab es scheinbar einen Mini-Restock. Mein letztes kam ja leider geschrottet an (einen gebrochenen Disc-Holder hatte ich vorher auch noch nicht).

Jetzt heißt es Daumen drücken, dass dieses ok. ist....

I Hope Please GIF

Ich glaube das sind meistens Rückläufer aus Retouren etc. 

Habe da leider selten Glück mit, meistens sind die Defekt. Mit Glück nur lose Discs oder Foliencut. Ich drücke Dir jedenfalls die Daumen

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1