• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning to all.

Today it's raining and the sky is gray. It's not cold, 20ºC (=68ºF), and everyone is complaining because no one wants rain. Although it's also necessary.

After so many gifs about alcohol, a doubt has arisen in my mind. If you travel around Europe, it's easy to see that the colder the country, the more alcohol people drink. Does that mean that climate change will also affect people's alcohol consumption? 

That is a very important fact, because if it is warmer, and you drink less alcohol, will be more aware, and you run the risk of getting to know your partners, your colleagues, your Psychos friends better, and what is worse: you even run the risk of having to face reality. 

And that can be terrible. Who cares about reality in 2023!!! Not cool at all.

Another-Round-Drinking-Game.gif

The thing is that, for some reason, instinctively, I have found a curious link between this thread and a movie -you already know- that I love, and of which I'm an unconditional fan: "Another round" (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020). 

What's more, I think if I keep dipping into this thread... maybe I'll end up singing "What a life" going to work in the mornings. 

And I don't know where that would push my life.

And that, after five days posting here, just like Mads Mikkelsen's character...., hanging around among you, pushes me to an interesting doubt: to jump or not to jump? Ummmm...

1*tQmxQsP7DYim-aS6p8d-vw.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning to all.

Today it's raining and the sky is gray. It's not cold, 20ºC (=68ºF), and everyone is complaining because no one wants rain. Although it's also necessary.

After so many gifs about alcohol, a doubt has arisen in my mind. If you travel around Europe, it's easy to see that the colder the country, the more alcohol people drink. Does that mean that climate change will also affect people's alcohol consumption? 

That is a very important fact, because if it is warmer, and you drink less alcohol, will be more aware, and you run the risk of getting to know your partners, your colleagues, your Psychos friends better, and what is worse: you even run the risk of having to face reality. 

The thing is that, for some reason, instinctively, I have found a curious link between this thread and a movie -you already know- that I love, and of which I'm an unconditional fan: "Another round" (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020). 

What's more, I think if I keep dipping into this thread... maybe I'll end up singing "What a life" going to work in the mornings. 

And that, after five days posting here, just like Mads Mikkelsen's character...., hanging around among you, pushes me to an interesting doubt: to jump or not to jump? Ummmm...

all germans just drink hot cold whatever, there raving alcoholics but fair play they know what they like xD 

the only question need to learn who drinks what 

lindy loves wine

udi is on good quality spirits most of the time but likes a beer as well on occasion i think

and toni just starts boozing but doesn't know when to stop yet, he only needs be off work and way he goes proper german xD 

oh and most of us HATE mondays for the W word xD 

and fridays is best day of the week for me personally xD 

and if you think we are psychos your right i just bought a 3 meter pole chain saw because a normal chain saw is not good enough xD (true story)

586JT_P?$fxSharpen$=&wid=414&hei=414&dpr

short back and sides anyone xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Basil:

thats not good lindy where was you going????

and if he gets better can you do in the near future or have to reschedule for next year instead now???

Bruce Willis Movie GIF

fifth element film GIF

basil 👍 

Frankfurt, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Phuket, Frankfurt

We had to cancel everything, hotels weren't a problem. And the insurance covers the flights, since he really couldn't do anything about the heart attack...

We want to go again next year in February or March...

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, swish said:

Wait for Manta 👍

me too 👍

just cant believe nuclear fire which lends itself to gloss, some idiot gone i know we slap can of matte on it, it still sell we will make even more 🙄

this is what i would do too them xD 

The Naked Gun Slapping GIF by IFC

@extantsrevenge right nils chance to shine, chance to impress us with your knowledge.

when is oppenheimer manta coming?

i get you may not have BS to show us yet but before christmas or next year??????

i sooo want to sort this before christmas at least the GB, i can wait for delivery jan or start feb.

time to please us all and improve on the train situation xD 

Half Girlfriend Bollywood GIF by bypriyashah

Angry Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

Players Association Sport GIF by NBPA

basil xD 

Edited by Basil
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

We had to cancel everything, hotels weren't a problem. And the insurance covers the flights, since he really couldn't do anything about the heart attack...

thats good time to save up some extra spends as well and go all out to make up.

Canadian Thumbs Up GIF

basil 👍

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

From someone who's been involved with the German Room for the past few years, here are some things you should know:

1. They are very consistent with their Good Mornings.

2. Contrary to popular belief, they do have a sense of humour.

3. They secretly love their French companions.

4. When it comes to Beauty Shots, the stereotype of German efficiency is a myth.

5. The top 3 favourite German actors are: Matthias Schweighöfer, Til Schweiger and Jean Claude Van Damme.

6. Do not ever confuse Austrians with Germans.

7. Try and Sprich Deutsch wherever possible.

8. Like Aussies, they also have a drinking problem. 

Thank you, @Fortis93

Your experience has always been a light for me. 

But I still have some doubts... 

1. They are very consistent with their Good Mornings. <---- And what about their Good Nights? What do they do at night... so they can't wish it on you?

2. Contrary to popular belief, they do have a sense of humour. <---- Great! I love to break clichés. Clichés are not fair at all! From the English room, I had imagined them like this:

terminator-smile.gif

3. They secretly love their French companions. <---- I already knew this. It's a fact. There was always an obvious unresolved sexual tension between them.

4. When it comes to Beauty Shots, the stereotype of German efficiency is a myth. <---- I've always loved that expression, "Beauty shots." Because "shots" has more meanings. And that connects this to my previous posts. But I've to say that my friends try a beauty-shot every weekend, and they are not very efficient either. 

5. The top 3 favourite German actors are: Matthias Schweighöfer, Til Schweiger and Jean Claude Van Damme. <--- Funny, I always thought Matthias Schweighöfer was Belgian. Thank you! 

6. Do not ever confuse Austrians with Germans. <---- I never do. When I work with Austrians they are always in a hurry; going, coming, leaving.... Germans don't, they always have everything already planned, for them rushing is for cowards.

7. Try and Sprich Deutsch wherever possible. <---- Obviously, it will be very useful here. Although if I wait until the evening it may not be necessary.... Even less on weekends! It's funny, because in my family I'm almost the only one who doesn't speak German, and the rest, if we are together, speak Spanish or Galician... except to argue. Then everybody speaks German, only German!!!, and it's great: I get something to eat, something to drink, sit in the corner, and enjoy. There are no subtitles in real life, but it's like one of those old Asian karate movies: you don't need them. :D 

8. Like Aussies, they also have a drinking problem. <---- This completely breaks my previous theory associating drinking and cold. Because although I've never been in Australia, rumor has it that it's very hot. What makes you drink a lot? The desert night? Something to forget? The long hard wait for the BS?

• Haha 14

7 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

8. Like Aussies, they also have a drinking problem. <---- This completely breaks my previous theory associating drinking and cold. Because although I've never been in Australia, rumor has it that it's very hot. What makes you drink a lot? The desert night? Something to forget? The long hard wait for the BS?

As someone who doesn't drink, I don't feel I'm equipped to answer this question. 😄

With that said, Aussies will look for any excuse to drink. 

Weddings, birthdays, and other celebrations? Drink!

Australia Day? Drink!

Public Holiday? Drink!

Happy with a bowel movement you had that day? Drink!

And the list goes on...

It's essentially part of the culture, for better or worse.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tae soon park said:

Oppenheimer Édition Spéciale Fnac Steelbook Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD

IMG_8845.jpeg

1 hour ago, swish said:

Oppenheimer Steels

80604119-8326-4F44-8B75-F9A7CD2B0F7E.jpeg

B9105E15-F36F-41B7-A398-2BF29450F5C1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Basil said:

cheers swish nice looking steels but why do they look matte, i wanted a nice gloss one 😭

45 minutes ago, swish said:

Wait for Manta 👍

It's a good option, ever more waiting for Manta, but...

Not the best option for me.

I want a UHD Club DP to put it with TDK trilogy, Prestige, Interstellar, Dunkirk and Inception. 

Then I'll put flowers around it, and a carpet to get there.

Before I take them I will put on a white robe, drink fire water, and say good night to them every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

40 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

Nice trip. 

Sorry for the change of plans, and the situation.

Good thing you had insurance. That makes me think I should stop booking without insurance. But you'd be amazed how many editions you can buy by adding up the insurance money from many trips ;) 

PS: Hey guys, now that no one can hear us... what a good idea, we can copy the plan, are we all going in February or March? Psychos Convention!! It will probably be a nice surprise for her to go to the other side of the world to rest and meet us all there. :D 

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

As someone who doesn't drink, I don't feel I'm equipped to answer this question. 😄

With that said, Aussies will look for any excuse to drink. 

Weddings, birthdays, and other celebrations? Drink!

Australia Day? Drink!

Public Holiday? Drink!

Happy with a bowel movement you had that day? Drink!

And the list goes on...

It's essentially part of the culture, for better or worse.

Well, come on, man, there's no one here from your family or your work. No need to pretend. 

And we all know that you are very professional, a good person, mature and responsible.

No problem.

What is your favorite day?

Weddings?

Birthdays?

Australia Day?

Public Holiday? 

;) 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Well, come on, man, there's no one here from your family or your work. No need to pretend. 

And we all know that you are very professional, a good person, mature and responsible.

No problem.

What is your favorite day?

Weddings?

Birthdays?

Australia Day?

Public Holiday? 

;) 

I love Saturdays. 😁

Especially quiet Saturdays where there is nothing I need to be doing.

I can just kick back and relax.

The older I get, the more I appreciate these days of just doing nothing.

What about you, mate?

• Like 10

5 hours ago, raylight said:

@extantsrevenge Ähm, Nils, was ist da los ?  Deine Stellungnahme, bitte !

image.png.778c76228e51a55b9bdb469c17ac2bf3.png

Animated GIF gopher dancing GIF

4 hours ago, raylight said:

Finde auch, dass Nils da einen falschen Weg einschlägt. Irgendwie ist er nicht mehr der Alte. Es wirkt verändert. Riecht ein wenig nach "Gollum-Syndrom". 😄

image.png.6322e989e038c9b8b56c6aa681cf519e.png

Rat GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning to all.

You want your friends to end up here like this!🍹 😂 

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

It's a good option, ever more waiting for Manta, but...

Not the best option for me.

I want a UHD Club DP to put it with TDK trilogy, Prestige, Interstellar, Dunkirk and Inception. 

Then I'll put flowers around it, and a carpet to get there.

Before I take them I will put on a white robe, drink fire water, and say good night to them every day.

So realistically: I am going to jump on a pre-order of the first steel that becomes available.  Then I’m going to wait in hiding, like a hunter, and wait for something beautiful to emerge.  So in the end, I will have at least 2 copies of Oppenheimer.  For the sake of my wallet, I hope that’s where it ends.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

So realistically: I am going to jump on a pre-order of the first steel that becomes available.  Then I’m going to wait in hiding, like a hunter, and wait for something beautiful to emerge.  So in the end, I will have at least 2 copies of Oppenheimer.  For the sake of my wallet, I hope that’s where it ends.

Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment 

Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

I love Saturdays. 😁

Especially quiet Saturdays where there is nothing I need to be doing.

I can just kick back and relax.

The older I get, the more I appreciate these days of just doing nothing.

What about you, mate?

I understand you. More than you think. ;) 

But in my case, rather than "doing nothing", I prefer to do those things that I love, and that I don't have time for when I work.

Small, simple, private pleasures. That book. That beach. That bath. That dinner. That movie. 

giphy.gif

Then other times you have to balance it out and jump around a bit, to see if the Aussies fall off the planet or not; break a few rules, and have something good or funny to tell in the next conversation. If not, you run the risk of being an empty type at dinner parties. And not because of the stories, but because of the energy. What sustains the sparkle in your eyes.

Yes, Saturday is a good day. Although my favourite is Friday, with everything still to come.

And I have to admit that I love Sundays if I'm on holiday: Sunday at 21:00 being able to do whatever you want without limits... it's a delicatessen. A lovely symbol.

But it is true that as time goes by we feel more and more comfortable in peace and quiet. But far from being due to a lack of energy, or age, I like to think that it's because this calm gives us the space to enjoy things better. Certain things.

To savour it without haste.

By the way, speaking of how one ends up wanting more calm with age, and of that necessary balance I sometimes seek, in the English thread a few weeks ago I posted this tweet, which went viral in Spain. 

I think it's a true life lesson. 

"Mick Jagger, at 80 years old, having a great time with Farruko in a nightclub and you, at 40, debating from your couch at home on Twitter if the last album of whoever is indie, rock or mainstream because they have surrendered to the market... hahahaha Anyway, life is for enjoying it."

• Like 11