• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning/afternoon everyone.

I recently read that in the USA Netflix had almost 4000 films, while Prime Video had more than 10,000. But 317,000 were released on DVD. Where are the rest?

In the end the physical format is going to become something to be safeguarded, just like theatrical releases. A symptom of good taste, of a certain quality, and of enjoying life. 

I've spent a couple of weeks picking up a film from my collection and being able to watch it. And that gesture, the ritual, I missed it. It's like when you come home from work, get something to drink, and sit on the sofa while listening to some music, relaxing, savouring the moment. Or when you're in front of a nice dinner chatting with someone.

And yes, human beings need to play. New and old traditions. Routines that make up a special form of beauty. 

I've been calmly reading through some of the posts from the last two weeks, which I had pending, and I came to the conversation about bought digital films that then disappear. In Spain it has also happened: they reply that for contractual reasons they no longer have the rights to "give you access" to the film you bought.

This is like if your partner tells you that she/he loves you, that you will always be together, but after a while says that for contractual reasons she/he can no longer get close to you, and that you have to seduce her/him again.

In the meantime she/he goes to the neighbour's house/platform. 

W-T-F. Long life to the physical platform, to your home cinemas, to your personal rituals, and those happy private moments. 

Have a good day, and don't forget to sign up for as many GBs as you can. ;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 19

On 1/8/2024 at 6:47 PM, raylight said:

Hello ! Nice to see you back here and of course, good to read that you recovered nearly 100% !👍

Just read an article about a new version of Corona that can cause insomnia combined with anxiety states.😲

A friend of mine lost his taste for now over 3 months. All these viruses fu***!😡

Here this year the flu viruses are so strong and virulent that they have almost overwhelmed the primary care points of the health centres. 

And although I don't have any cases close to me, I have read of cases of people with serious after-effects after the Corona. 

In my case I have no complaints, I have never had any consequences. My genes are hard. Or maybe it was luck. ;) 

On 1/8/2024 at 8:11 PM, Gentleman said:

Glad you're back and doing well again!

welcome back hug GIF by AS Roma

giphy.gif

• Like 14

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌨️🥶 🌬 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Folks we finally will have our last leg of our fiber internet put in Friday! 🙏 :)

animation glow GIF by Matthew Butler

55%
A bit of snow this morning with little or no accumulation; otherwise, low clouds, breezy and colder

RealFeel®27°

RealFeel Shade™27°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindWSW 15 mph

• Like 13

vor 5 Stunden schrieb CAYENNE-FAHRER:

Muss erstmal anfangen mit der 1. Staffel 🥱🤭😀

Liegt aber schon parat zum ansehen.... fehlt nur noch die Zeit 😴

Die letzten 2 Wochen waren erstmal die wichtigsten Marvel Serien an der Reihe ✌️

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning/afternoon everyone.

I recently read that in the USA Netflix had almost 4000 films, while Prime Video had more than 10,000. But 317,000 were released on DVD. Where are the rest?

In the end the physical format is going to become something to be safeguarded, just like theatrical releases. A symptom of good taste, of a certain quality, and of enjoying life. 

I've spent a couple of weeks picking up a film from my collection and being able to watch it. And that gesture, the ritual, I missed it. It's like when you come home from work, get something to drink, and sit on the sofa while listening to some music, relaxing, savouring the moment. Or when you're in front of a nice dinner chatting with someone.

And yes, human beings need to play. New and old traditions. Routines that make up a special form of beauty. 

I've been calmly reading through some of the posts from the last two weeks, which I had pending, and I came to the conversation about bought digital films that then disappear. In Spain it has also happened: they reply that for contractual reasons they no longer have the rights to "give you access" to the film you bought.

This is like if your partner tells you that she/he loves you, that you will always be together, but after a while says that for contractual reasons she/he can no longer get close to you, and that you have to seduce her/him again.

In the meantime she/he goes to the neighbour's house/platform. 

W-T-F. Long life to the physical platform, to your home cinemas, to your personal rituals, and those happy private moments. 

Have a good day, and don't forget to sign up for as many GBs as you can. ;) 

Greeting Sweet Life GIF by HBO Max

• Like 7
  • Haha 3