IGNORED

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive)[UK]

Benoit46

^^ I don't mean to derail the thread but did want to respond by saying I very much enjoyed "From Hell".

Depp wasn't yet convinced he was the savior of Hollyrock and I too am a big fan of fliks focused on Jack the nasty ( of which I have a few 🙂)

Also, I'd watch Robbie Coltrane read the damn phone book for 2 hours, so there's that.

Someday, I hope to see a very nice release 😟

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Kidding aside, I just wanted to take a moment and show another piece of art that would have been quite cool (but totally impractical) to use.

This was concept art by I believe, Geoff (Ralph?)Quarry.

The LP in the Centre:    (note: if you click on the pic, it highlights much better without over-expanding).

image.thumb.jpeg.568f019e668ec824a32b9c105bf3b881.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Kidding aside, I just wanted to take a moment and show another piece of art that would have been quite cool (but totally impractical) to use.

This was concept art by I believe, Geoff Quarry.

The LP in the Centre:    (note: if you click on the pic, it highlights much better without over-expanding).

image.thumb.jpeg.568f019e668ec824a32b9c105bf3b881.jpeg

@Grendel

That picture is pretty cool, could have maybe made for some nice back art on a steel, but oh well 😂.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got an e-mail from Zavvi that they will send replacement empty steelbooks sometime in October. I never contacted them about the scuff marks/ scratches as my personal copy was good...I only noticed faint marks when turned at an extreme angle. So looks like anyone who ordered these will get replacements. I ordered 2 and sold the other...guess I’ll be getting 2. Well done Zavvi!

• Like 2

Awards

12 minutes ago, aj101097 said:

I just got an e-mail from Zavvi that they will send replacement empty steelbooks sometime in October. I never contacted them about the scuff marks/ scratches as my personal copy was good...I only noticed faint marks when turned at an extreme angle. So looks like anyone who ordered these will get replacements. I ordered 2 and sold the other...guess I’ll be getting 2. Well done Zavvi!

Got the same Email. Good on them 👏 👍 👌 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAK said:

I realize this, just posted something I saw. I never got my hopes up.

can take a while to get approvals on art and judging on the fact they used that art, my personal guess is they cannot get approval on the art everyone wants.

but it always usually dependent on directors and so on.

its like everyone wants theatrical releases and lucas will not do it. he still has control over those versions and there is nothing disney can do much as they want to regardless.

the deal was never all encompassing unfortunately

basil :D