Movie News

Veum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

I just cancelled my Max subscription the day before this news broke too... lol Might have to re-up once LOT shows up over there. I think I may way for a few reviews first, though. As much as I love King's books, I've not found his recommendations to be the strongest. 🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

It's curious how many remakes, sequels and reboots are announced.

Any year the Oscar for best original screenplay is going to be won by a Thai film shot without a screenplay but which is at least original.

Sadly, the modern Hollywood studio system isn't exactly known for its creativity these days. There's not a lot of willingness to take big chances on original ideas when (they think) there's guaranteed cash-cows in familiar properties and franchises. 

• Like 4

On 11/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, LeadFarmer said:

you and me both I actually would like to see this done albeit done properly but it sparked my interest. 

Absolutely! 

On 11/2/2023 at 2:01 PM, MikeH5856 said:

Sadly, the modern Hollywood studio system isn't exactly known for its creativity these days. There's not a lot of willingness to take big chances on original ideas when (they think) there's guaranteed cash-cows in familiar properties and franchises. 

It's like this. But in this life everything in excess ends up tiring.

And we are in a moment of profound social and technological change.

They should not put all the eggs in only one basket.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Basil said:

Well this is something I'd rather not post but according to article below loki will only be 2 series and that's your lot 😢

Have a read 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/11/12/loki-is-done-the-show-the-character-all-of-it/

Basil 😢

I still haven't watched season 2, but even still I'd be surprised if we don't see Loki again in some way, shape, or form in the future. However, that may be more dependent on what happens with Jonathan Majors and if/how the MCU moves forward with Kang. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

Coyote vs Acme is being shopped elsewhere after all the backlash, see article:

Warner Bros. Changes "Coyote vs Acme" Decision After Filmmakers Rebel

coyote wile GIF

WB directors need to start pulling a Zack Snyder and take the film reels with them when they leave. I'd love to see these cancelled movies "somehow" wind up online for people to watch.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

Makes me wonder how the Multiverse Saga is going to play out now, especially with projects like Deadpool 3 and the prospect of multiversal incursions Doctor Strange set-up. I suppose this answers the big Jonathan Majors question looming over the overarching MCU and what Disney will be doing with this actor. Presumably they have plenty of time to course correct and figure out how to replot this stuff, but damn. Scrapping your entire Saga villain is a pretty bold step when they could just recast him instead. Such a weird call.

• Like 1