IGNORED

Cine Museum Batman + Batman Returns (Cine Museum Art #18) (WWA 4K UHD + Blu-ray Steelbook) [Italy] 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaksu said:

Both versions are available on their site. 😶

Penguin

Catwoman

Good job looking out! Gone already it seems. Catwoman price now like €100 more than Penguin, interesting.

How do you track sold out stuff on the CM site? Do you just check periodically or do you use one of those websites that alerts you when something changes on the page?

• Like 4

Awards

24 minutes ago, soundsorange said:

Good job looking out! Gone already it seems. Catwoman price now like €100 more than Penguin, interesting.

How do you track sold out stuff on the CM site? Do you just check periodically or do you use one of those websites that alerts you when something changes on the page?

I simply check their site periodically. I was surprised to find both versions available. However, I find it disappointing that CM has different prices for them. It seems to imply that one version is considered superior, which I believe shouldn’t be the case. In my opinion, both versions should be priced equally.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaksu said:

I simply check their site periodically. I was surprised to find both versions available. However, I find it disappointing that CM has different prices for them. It seems to imply that one version is considered superior, which I believe shouldn’t be the case. In my opinion, both versions should be priced equally.

OK thanks! I think they do it based on supply/demand. I noticed that trend with other releases that would come back into stock now and again. Also find it odd that they randomly sell a few copies here and there. Not long ago I snagged a Jaws set from their site. I wonder if they keep a stash and wait for the secondary market to ramp up and then sell at that level.

• Like 4

Awards

10 minutes ago, soundsorange said:

OK thanks! I think they do it based on supply/demand. I noticed that trend with other releases that would come back into stock now and again. Also find it odd that they randomly sell a few copies here and there. Not long ago I snagged a Jaws set from their site. I wonder if they keep a stash and wait for the secondary market to ramp up and then sell at that level.

I agree with you. I’ve never liked the practice of retailers increasing prices based on supply and demand, or withholding copies to sell later at inflated prices. While I understand that their editions may be sold at higher prices on the secondary market, I personally believe it’s unfair for retailers to engage in such practices, regardless of the potential profitability. Filmarena and Cinemuseum both like to do that.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Jaksu said:

I agree with you. I’ve never liked the practice of retailers increasing prices based on supply and demand, or withholding copies to sell later at inflated prices. While I understand that their editions may be sold at higher prices on the secondary market, I personally believe it’s unfair for retailers to engage in such practices, regardless of the potential profitability. Filmarena and Cinemuseum both like to do that.

@Jaksu have you seen the FA update from the other day?

it makes interesting reading 👍

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Jaksu have you seen the FA update from the other day?

it makes interesting reading 👍

Yes, I’ve read it and it sounded to me like they are just gonna go ahead and release all the undelivered editions  without discs (except Toy Story 4)  and keep the money by themselves. Then give a chance to buy a few later on with discs but with a higher price now. I’m surprised if they give a partial refund for the lack of discs. I personally wouldn’t hold my breath for that to happen. I don’t believe they even had any problems getting rights for the discs. Because if they had, why would they be able to sell even some of them with discs. I just feel like they wanted more profit. But I have no proof and these are just my personal opinions. To me, people working there have clearly lost their passion for this work. They haven't ordered any new steelbooks for the last two years and are planning to do something else now than film related items.

Edited by Jaksu
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
vor 12 Minuten schrieb Boilersteel:

So what happened to the plan for this?  I remember an update saying these were ready to ship by the end of January, and there was even a video in Italian that showed one of the boxed editions, but now it is nearing the end of April and still not released.

Just interested if anyone has heard anything?

In the comment section of the Livestream he answered that assembly is slow and they may ready to ship from end of may but take it with a grain of salt

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 9