IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

Just now, vinny91 said:

Too bad indeed, but as it's not Warner anymore, I think it's the reason we don't get a collector's edtion with slipcase. and with Warner we would have get french subtitles, but we don't !!

Reviews said 4K Master is not quite the best ... the 2017 steelbook with Director's Cut seems to have a better upgrade that this 4K master.

D'oh! You're right...forgot it's not with Warner anymore. The 4K is darker by all accounts, but I don't personally think it's as bad as some are claiming. I didn't have any issues with it, and it certainly did not detract from my enjoyment. :) 

• Like 3

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

Also received from second sight films ... great edition as usual ... very looking good book with nice paper

20220810_170557.thumb.jpg.79e6e15e5aba9bec3982f27990743849.jpg  20220810_170703.thumb.jpg.cd1c9f001cc776d1136574c551b62da3.jpg

20220810_170825.thumb.jpg.6ac60af6e037e4a842baa13328405e37.jpg 20220810_170935.thumb.jpg.b61ee81f6eb87cd542b36ec1e988b35e.jpg

20220810_170439.thumb.jpg.98cf6210c3b01e48c8a308840d20cc3d.jpg

Looks great! I'm still waiting on our customs to get their act together and move mine out for delivery... I'm getting really frustrated with how long it's taking them. 

il y a 3 minutes, MikeH5856 a dit :

Looks great! I'm still waiting on our customs to get their act together and move mine out for delivery... I'm getting really frustrated with how long it's taking them. 

in Europe we got some nice editions, but in US you got Best Buy with full glossy steelbooks. So everyone got great stuff, and it's frustated because if we want buy , it cost a lot.

sometimes I buy on Amazon US ... big fan for movies artbook ... few years ago prices was half the price that is now . From now on we got shipping charges very high + import fee deposit. 

Wanted to buy the great book on Photography for Game of Thrones ... price $36 but with all fees total is $70 😠

About 4K master "Heat" ... are you sure Michael Mann approved it ? he is well known as perfectionist and very implicated in new collector editions, like every director with Criterion company. 

I bought this steelbook but not yet equiped with 4K materials as TV & 4K bluray player ... got an Oppo player & old great Panasonic, it's certified THX for 3D.

• Like 3

Awards

2 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

in Europe we got some nice editions, but in US you got Best Buy with full glossy steelbooks. So everyone got great stuff, and it's frustated because if we want buy , it cost a lot.

sometimes I buy on Amazon US ... big fan for movies artbook ... few years ago prices was half the price that is now . From now on we got shipping charges very high + import fee deposit. 

Wanted to buy the great book on Photography for Game of Thrones ... price $36 but with all fees total is $70 😠

About 4K master "Heat" ... are you sure Michael Mann approved it ? he is well known as perfectionist and very implicated in new collector editions, like every director with Criterion company. 

I bought this steelbook but not yet equiped with 4K materials as TV & 4K bluray player ... got an Oppo player & old great Panasonic, it's certified THX for 3D.

I missed out on the Best Buy steel for The Witch, but that's OK. I'd rather have the Second Sight edition! Maybe it'll get here one day...

As far as Heat, by all account it's Mann approved. He's tinkered with it again, and this new color grade was apparently approved by him, so... 🤷‍♂️ At least it's not some George Lucas-style revisionism! 🤣

• Like 3

il y a 1 minute, MikeH5856 a dit :

I missed out on the Best Buy steel for The Witch, but that's OK. I'd rather have the Second Sight edition! Maybe it'll get here one day...

As far as Heat, by all account it's Mann approved. He's tinkered with it again, and this new color grade was apparently approved by him, so... 🤷‍♂️ At least it's not some George Lucas-style revisionism! 🤣

his way for shooting is special and with digital cameras it get something weird sometimes ... for example "Collateral".

Heat is great with blue tone ... I hope the 4K keeps it. 

One good thing, we got a bonus bluray .... there was so much bonus with dvd at the time, remember the making of for Ridley Scott movies, it was so long, detailled ...

now people are not anymore interested in bonus, just watch the movie and miss sometimes the little scene at the end of generic.

• Like 3

Awards

2 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

his way for shooting is special and with digital cameras it get something weird sometimes ... for example "Collateral".

Heat is great with blue tone ... I hope the 4K keeps it. 

One good thing, we got a bonus bluray .... there was so much bonus with dvd at the time, remember the making of for Ridley Scott movies, it was so long, detailled ...

now people are not anymore interested in bonus, just watch the movie and miss sometimes the little scene at the end of generic.

Loved the making-of documentaries for Prometheus and Blade Runner. They were longer than the movies! And so rich with content and details - they were superb and so freaking interesting. I really miss those days. Now we're lucky if they put some 5 minute puff piece on there and a commentary track.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vinny91 said:

Reviews said 4K Master is not quite the best ... the 2017 steelbook with Director's Cut seems to have a better upgrade that this 4K master.

The Geneon Universal (Japan) release is the one you want for 1080p, as for this 4k... it's not new, been sitting around since the 4k remastered bluray, and it's not very impressive. At least it's better than the best 1080p transfer unlike T2 ;)

• Thanks 1

Awards

misc arrivals, Tenebrae and the rest all mediabooks (Green Knight, Lamb, Scorpion King, Cabin in the Woods, Boss Level, Dune and Prospect). 

I really enjoyed Prospect, and recommend it to any who likes sci-fi and have not watched it yet. I had the Gun Powder & Sky release and recently bought a poster and the mediabook shown. 

Prospect | Gunpowder and Sky

IMG-6407[7047].jpg

IMG-6410[7044].jpg

IMG-6412[7043].jpg

• Like 29

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

misc arrivals, Tenebrae and the rest all mediabooks (Green Knight, Lamb, Scorpion King, Cabin in the Woods, Boss Level, Dune and Prospect). 

I really enjoyed Prospect, and recommend it to any who likes sci-fi and have not watched it yet. I had the Gun Powder & Sky release and recently bought a poster and the mediabook shown. 

Prospect | Gunpowder and Sky

IMG-6407[7047].jpg

IMG-6410[7044].jpg

IMG-6412[7043].jpg

I’ve wanted to watch Prospect for a while now. It’s literally on my ‘Movies To See’ list. I love the Sci-Fin Western vibe. Maybe I’ll pick up this weekend or rent it digitally. 

• Like 1

Awards

3 minutes ago, damships said:

I’ve wanted to watch Prospect for a while now. It’s literally on my ‘Movies To See’ list. I love the Sci-Fin Western vibe. Maybe I’ll pick up this weekend or rent it digitally. 

I highly recommend it and also dig the vibe. I thought all of it was well acted but Sophie Thatcher and Pedro Pascal were phenomenal in it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

Really wish there'd have been a slick Collector's Edition slipcase for this one, like they're doing for The Lost Boys and Poltergeist (or at least a non-UK edition without those awful ratings logos LOL).

Did you not get the WCL edition of Heat…?…thats a beauty and I don’t think it will be bettered.. … 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Did you not get the WCL edition of Heat…?…thats a beauty and I don’t think it will be bettered.. … 

Never even heard of it! LOL Just did a Google search though and it sure does look pretty. Came out before I got bitten by the collecting bug. But...it may be something that makes its way on to my wishlist. 

• Like 1

It may be August, but Michael Mann is the one bringing the HEAT with the simultaneous release of his classic crime caper in 4K and it’s novelized prequel/sequel co-written with Meg Gardiner! (Unfortunately, my Kindle is picking up too much glare and blowing out the HEAT 2 cover… :/ ). I’ll be digging into the book soon, having given the movie a proper re-watch last night. 

B5B70678-43F0-4BF7-93A7-DD9D49CBA8A9.thumb.jpeg.37d2d4a97245cc42d7ba9bb0390ba500.jpeg

D69F9CDB-5B9A-4DBD-AA3D-DCB6104FEC66.thumb.jpeg.f9f68b6f36c7657706f81bde3c57e7ea.jpeg

8FDB0B1C-DE53-484F-9F54-DB9999B12049.thumb.jpeg.3045a055ff528f468371693e0a7356dd.jpeg

EAE30B7E-C517-492C-95AF-E68F78FC8B74.thumb.jpeg.59c5f59ee8009758679f01bb477fe2eb.jpeg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Gary K said:

French special edition and US steelbook of Event Horizon 4K.  Glad the French doesn’t have the ratings symbols at least. 
99798989-B987-4E89-9267-6BD24114BB3D.thumb.jpeg.eb25cb9e82a380e4a3496b940236211d.jpeg

So, FYI — something I just learned by playing around. If you have the Scream Factory release and ditch the slip, it fits inside that flimsy extras box, minus the pin. In case you need to save some room! I haven’t committed to this myself, but it’s a possibility. Custom one click! 😂

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
37 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

So, FYI — something I just learned by playing around. If you have the Scream Factory release and ditch the slip, it fits inside that flimsy extras box, minus the pin. In case you need to save some room! I haven’t committed to this myself, but it’s a possibility. Custom one click! 😂

McGyver over here !  

I actually keep my boutique labels together and god forbid I’d ditch a scream factory slip lol!

6 minutes ago, Gary K said:

McGyver over here !  

I actually keep my boutique labels together and god forbid I’d ditch a scream factory slip lol!

I completely understand! I’m hesitant to toss the Scream slip, too, even though I think the art is a bit crap… 😂 I got a pang of anxiety even considering it!

26 minutes ago, Gary K said:

McGyver over here !  

I mostly refrain from doing any personal modifications. But I made the exception with They Live. Scream Factory Slip slightly modified to fit a Steel and kept the discs to match the Slip! Worked out nicely.

IMG-6423[7078].jpg

IMG-6424[7077].jpg

IMG-6426[7076].jpg

• Like 22

vor 2 Stunden schrieb damships:

Not sure, but I definitely prefer glossy over matte. Well…actually, it depends on the art. 😅I love the glossy HDZETA TDK ones.

Well

@damships

believe me - I know (!) why You love HDZeta glossy TDK Steels...

image.thumb.jpeg.b51b2140ab95fc51e2413550d9061cdd.jpeg

Even if they are not embossed, they are a feast for the eyes and, in my opinion, a class of their own.

Nevertheless ... just like life, hunting and gathering goes on, so...

I can't wait to get the Blufans Versions into my Showroom  !!!

(and start the usual lighting experiment orgy... 😛)

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

What’s the trick to modifying the slip to fit the steelbook?

I separated the slip at the seam carefully and reattached it in the same spot but further out allowing for more room than an amaray. 

it left a white void but I filled it in black to match the rest. Only one side of the slip was affected, and made sure everything would still be centered on spine. (picture 2&3)

IMG-6427[7080].jpg

IMG-6433[7082].jpg

IMG-6432[7079].jpg

• Like 15