IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

On 8/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, KubricksYarbles said:

Having that 4k banner/age classification as part of the slips print is also a bit of a schoolboy error and pulls it out of being a display piece for me.

I was afraid of that. Had to quickly check on my order and sure enough, Zavvi has shipped it - too late to cancel and try the French or German edition instead :|

• Like 2

Awards

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Rambo:

been trying to nail down some specific sets lately for some of my favorite movies. Today I can check another off that list.

Mad Max Fury Road HDZeta Gold Label

IMG-6390[7030].jpg

IMG-6391[7029].jpg

IMG-6392[7028].jpg

IMG-6393[7027].jpg

IMG-6394[7026].jpg

IMG-6396[7025].jpg

@Rambo

That's really a great new Treasure for Your shelf!

And by the way... also a nice Steel inside...

Just in case You wanna keep it closed for a while:

HDZeta Mad Max WEA Steelbook

Not to mention the Spidey block...

My Congratulations!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, F.M.S said:

@Rambo

That's really a great new Treasure for Your shelf!

And by the way... also a nice Steel inside...

Just in case You wanna keep it closed for a while:

HDZeta Mad Max WEA Steelbook

Not to mention the Spidey block...

My Congratulations!

Thank you very much!!!

I'm already contemplating on opening this one, I was already leaning towards yes - and now that I see that beautiful steel I think I have too!! Absolutely gorgeous!

ace of spades motorhead GIF by Grande Dame

Mad Max Fury Road GIF

• Like 6

As promised - more (WWA) arrivals of the last weeks.

Hope You and Your eyes enjoy.

Let's begin with

FANTASTIC BEASTS

THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE

4K UHD (UK) STEELBOOK

744628656_FantasticBeastsIII(WWA).thumb.jpg.6d6fa66017bf60fcd76a5548ab5a9704.jpg

1049895307_FantasicBeastsIII(2).thumb.jpg.f7f23b39ca75043b3ac0865d348e018e.jpg

And now two WWAs in comparison...

One from Europe and the other born in the U.S.A

(As regards the latter: Thanks to John and MP for the ever rolling US-Release GB-Train !)

Incidentally, these are good examples that common Steelbooks (even those with a matte finish - at least if there is some spot-glossing...)

can also have an impressive look - if they are staged correctly in terms of lighting.

T H E   M A T R I X

RESURRECTIONS

4K UHD STEELBOOKS

(Best Buy Exclusive US  |  European Version "Pills" )

549631978_MatrixR(US)1.thumb.jpg.9a5c7c1903637ac94012b412c2a86224.jpg

1435077162_MatrixResurrections(WWA)2.thumb.jpg.eb082213c8e215a4b6c903d15d3f1667.jpg

1012716216_MatrixR(US)2.thumb.jpg.9c6c28b3b3c7976567150e655c61d62b.jpg

1954666397_MatrixResurrections(WWA)1.thumb.jpg.58a58bbfb44fe2fcf08ee86838b00309.jpg

369630387_MatrixR(US)3.thumb.jpg.85f897002084a5201f33d9af01751422.jpg

Even though I like the white one significantly better than I would have thought -

the full-glossy US Version is just "much more Matrix"...

But now (absolutely needed...) better films have to get attention

and with the following All Time Classic - that came in some weeks ago -

this task can be regarded as accomplished 😎  :

BRIAN DE PALMA'S

THE UNTOUCHABLES  

4K UHD STEELBOOK

1114653901_TheUntouchables(3).thumb.jpg.4a3d0b8cf0c6827eda081586bdf2e0f6.jpg

1941768749_TheUntouchables(4).thumb.jpg.4747b1f3a8ce4d04ab5cf12888156d49.jpg

That's all Folks for today.

But next time pictures of a brand new WEA Edition that has just arrived

... and

a Box that I was hunting for and were finally able (last week) to get it at a very reasonable price. 

Because this will be a Special for all Fans of

JOHN CARPENTER'S

T  H  E

THING

as well, there should be enough reasons to stay tuned 😉

• Like 34

6 hours ago, RockinRaccoon said:

I can’t wait to watch Heat again! I haven’t seen it since I was a teenager. Great heist movie and great cast. Looking forward to see how the transfer is.

0E64224C-3DBA-408D-84A8-30EB1779B8E6.jpeg

Love that Heat Steel

I was super excited about the 4K release but reading the review on AV Forums I'm not as hyped anymore, they seem to say that it is overly dark now & at points almost impossible to pick out details

It's such a shame as I love the movie

Neil

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Awards

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Love that Heat Steel

I was super excited about the 4K release but reading the review on AV Forums I'm not as hyped anymore, they seem to say that it is overly dark now & at points almost impossible to pick out details

It's such a shame as I love the movie

Neil

I thought it looked OK! It was never a bright film to begin with, and I didn't have trouble picking out details. I've seen complaints about it being unwatchable and those criticisms are way out of proportion, IMO. But!, I'm pretty freaking far from an expert, so take it for whatever that's worth (probably not much, I admit! 🤣).

It's been an age since I've seen the movie, but wow does it ever hold up perfectly! It's classic. I'd forgotten just how stacked that cast is - so many familiar faces throughout.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I thought it looked OK! It was never a bright film to begin with, and I didn't have trouble picking out details. I've seen complaints about it being unwatchable and those criticisms are way out of proportion, IMO. But!, I'm pretty freaking far from an expert, so take it for whatever that's worth (probably not much, I admit! 🤣).

It's been an age since I've seen the movie, but wow does it ever hold up perfectly! It's classic. I'd forgotten just how stacked that cast is - so many familiar faces throughout.

Kids back at school? lol.....ummm....Northman?  I don't know why I care so much about your take on Northman....but I DO DAMMIT!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gary K said:

Kids back at school? lol.....ummm....Northman?  I don't know why I care so much about your take on Northman....but I DO DAMMIT!

Goddamnit, I KNEW you were going to have something to say about this! 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Look, man, I had to prioritize! I got my copy of HEAT 2 delivered to my Kindle and want to make that my next read, but I HAD to give HEAT another watch before diving into Mann and Gardiner's book. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RockinRaccoon said:

I can’t wait to watch Heat again! I haven’t seen it since I was a teenager. Great heist movie and great cast. Looking forward to see how the transfer is.

0E64224C-3DBA-408D-84A8-30EB1779B8E6.jpeg

I did not go through my purchase of the Heat steel cause of the reviews of dark shots 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Cornrow said:

Plain archive - a most wanted man

20220810_170405.jpg

20220810_170438.jpg

20220810_170503.jpg

20220810_170520.jpg

20220810_170553.jpg

I really enjoy this film as I have the Plain Archive Exclusive SteelBook / PA019 / One-Click Box / Triple Pack :)

A Most Wanted Man (Blu-ray)

Congrats on this nice purchase! 🙌

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

il y a 29 minutes, MikeH5856 a dit :

Really wish there'd have been a slick Collector's Edition slipcase for this one, like they're doing for The Lost Boys and Poltergeist (or at least a non-UK edition without those awful ratings logos LOL).

Too bad indeed, but as it's not Warner anymore, I think it's the reason we don't get a collector's edtion with slipcase. and with Warner we would have get french subtitles, but we don't !!

Reviews said 4K Master is not quite the best ... the 2017 steelbook with Director's Cut seems to have a better upgrade that this 4K master.

• Like 4

Awards