IGNORED

UHD CLUB Ghost in the Shell 2017 (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#02) (Leather Edition) (4K UHD/3D/2D Blu-ray) [China]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple things about this release that bother me.  

But first the hardbox, the artwork and everything else is very beautiful. 

Having a 4K, 3D and the BR in one package is also a big bonus in my books.  

The 2 things that irk me.  

First one is not any fault of UHD but it sucks that even the 4K is only a 1.78:1 ratio and not 2.40:1.  

Tells me without looking at the 4K list that it's not a true 4K file.  

Second is the printing on the number card that tells you which number you have is almost impossible to read.  

Even with everything open I had to use my phone to zoom in and to be able to read the number.  

But I am extremely happy with the quality and the extras and would do it again in a heartbeat. 

7 hours ago, Kingpin said:

A couple things about this release that bother me.  

But first the hardbox, the artwork and everything else is very beautiful. 

Having a 4K, 3D and the BR in one package is also a big bonus in my books.  

The 2 things that irk me.  

First one is not any fault of UHD but it sucks that even the 4K is only a 1.78:1 ratio and not 2.40:1.  

Tells me without looking at the 4K list that it's not a true 4K file.  

Second is the printing on the number card that tells you which number you have is almost impossible to read.  

Even with everything open I had to use my phone to zoom in and to be able to read the number.  

But I am extremely happy with the quality and the extras and would do it again in a heartbeat. 

@ksosk or someone ? Any idea what's the case gonna be with Saving Private Ryan. Because I'm going to open and watch, would love to have (real) 2.40:1 UHD...

On 7/19/2018 at 7:37 AM, Kingpin said:

I was able to read the numbering just fine on my editions. And indeed, It is an amazing edition. UHD Club is delivering! :)

On 7/25/2018 at 4:06 PM, stanleydobson said:

No problem, i will unbox all editions which i will buy

First of all, thank you for your video unboxing. In fact, thank you for all your unboxing videos, unfortunately I cannot understand your wonderful language, but I get to see the product very well, so thank you for great presentation! Maybe you could consider English subtitles for your videos in the future as I am sure that would open them up to a larger audience and get you more views etc. You have a very welcoming style that is easy and nice to watch. You are clearly a passionate collector, anyway, just a thought!

I have to ask, I notice your copy of GITS had a crushed corner of the leather slip and when you opened the Amaray case the swinging tray was broken. Did these damages happen in transit to you? I would be very sad indeed.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Morph:

First of all, thank you for your video unboxing. In fact, thank you for all your unboxing videos, unfortunately I cannot understand your wonderful language, but I get to see the product very well, so thank you for great presentation! Maybe you could consider English subtitles for your videos in the future as I am sure that would open them up to a larger audience and get you more views etc. You have a very welcoming style that is easy and nice to watch. You are clearly a passionate collector, anyway, just a thought!

I have to ask, I notice your copy of GITS had a crushed corner of the leather slip and when you opened the Amaray case the swinging tray was broken. Did these damages happen in transit to you? I would be very sad indeed.

Yeah i think about the subtitles, i have to fix it out how it works on youtube

The damages must be happening in transit, yes, but the packing was very good, so i dont know how it happens

Awards

• 5 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
21 minutes ago, Big_O250 said:

Quick question, has everyone from the first batch receive their copy? I'm just basing this from the GB list that is divided by batch and am on the 1st batch list and I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, just wondering not rush on my part.

Thanks!

I will tag @Masterblaster as he has your copy!

Thank you for sounding out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I received my copy of UHD Club GITS. I was in the 'second wave'.

My thoughts. A stunning set to own, feels and looks ultra premium. Quality of the print on leather slip is superb. I don't know why but I expected to smell leather when I opened the seal, but alas not...it could be faux leather for all I know. I'm largely unimpressed by the scanavo cased set, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in such beautiful surroundings of the premium leather slip. I may substitute it for one of my steels. I enjoyed the Media Psychos 'extras' - a great touch.

A couple of things.... the book. The interior photos were printed very dark. To the point a fair bit of detail is missing from photos. I had access to the original studio HQ press images (where a lot of the book was sourced from) for journalists and magazines and looking at them side by side, the UHD Club book is very very dark compared to the original photos. I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

I've seen a few sealed copies (even on ebay..Grrr!) of this edition that seemed to come with a small card wraparound at the bottom of the set, I really liked this, but when my set arrived, it was simply shrink wrapped with no such card. Maybe this was just for the first 'wave' of purchasers, but I would really have liked one with my set.

To summarise. Ghost In The Shell is a movie I keep going back to. Maybe because I am a fan of the original 1996 animation, but as a stand alone, it is a work of art in its' own right. As a movie it has its' flaws, but overall it did justice to the original. Anyway, This beauty from UHD is a keeper. I'm happy except for those couple of 'niggles'...and looking forward to the Matrix.

Thanks to all involved at UHD Club and Media Psychos, in getting this superb edition to me.

Archived