IGNORED

Memento (Blu-ray Steelbook) (101 Films Exclusive) (UK)

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

Memento (Blu-ray Steelbook) (101 Films Exclusive) [UK] 

Release Date: October 16, 2023
Price: £39,99 / £42.99
Purchase Link: 101 Films Store Amazon UK

Title number 031 on 101 Films Black Label.

mementouk.thumb.JPG.c4f732a9248b74a75335bc085e955bf8.JPG

mementouk2.thumb.JPG.87741e484137bfb8c8edf0c150d78bd9.JPG

Features

Spoiler

Special Features:

Limited Edition contents:

• SteelBook®
• Rigid box packaging
• Booklet one: Remembrance of things past: time and memory in Christopher Nolan’s Memento by James Mottram
• Booklet two: Jonathan Nolan’s Memento Mori short story
• Replica Polaroid art cards, printed notes and Ferdy’s beer mat enclosed in Leonard’s folder
• Bonus second disc featuring the chronological edit (SD)

Brand new special features:

• Remember - Actor Carrie-Anne Moss on Memento
• Keepsake - Director Christopher Nolan on Memento
• Memento Mori – Writer Jonathan Nolan on Memento
• Memories - Producer Emma Thomas on Memento
• A Leap into the Unknown - Producer Aaron Ryder on Memento
• Musical Memories - Composer David Julyan on Memento
• Commentary with film critics James Mottram and Sean Hogan

Archive extras:

• Memento chronological cut
• Remembering Memento
• Anatomy of a Scene
• IFC Interview with Christopher Nolan
• Director’s commentary

Edited by ShadowWarrior
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, Chief_lookout said:

Thanks for posting this! Been hoping for a Memento steel for awhile, so I ordered two in case one gets damaged!

I did so too 😄. I do have the Kimchidvd Editions, but I wanted to test out the retailer and international shipping was so low 😊

4 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Looks pretty nice. Is this 101 Films first steelbook release?  Haven't really followed this retailer.

I have noticed them with this for the first time too. I think it is the first exclusive Steelbook Edition from them.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I did so too 😄. I do have the Kimchidvd Editions, but I wanted to test out the retailer and international shipping was so low 😊

I have noticed them with this for the first time too. I think it is the first exclusive Steelbook Edition from them.

Same with me, I ordered a few other things along with Memento.  Shipping to the USA averaged about £3.5 per item (for 5 items). 

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

I’ve been collecting 101’s Black label releases and have a bunch of them.  The quality is generally good and these editions usually come with a lot of extras.  

Memento is, I believe, their first steelbook.   US customers can also usually find their editions on DiabolikDVD. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

It also showed up on amazon.co.uk now, but seems to be limited to UK shipping.

I assumed they would only offer on their site, but it's okay, like @MikeH5856 I'm hoping for good packaging and all around good service.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

It also showed up on amazon.co.uk now, but seems to be limited to UK shipping.

I assumed they would only offer on their site, but it's okay, like @MikeH5856 I'm hoping for good packaging and all around good service.

I just went through the checkout process at Amazon UK for Memento, and it appears they will ship to the USA, but it is still less expensive to buy direct from 101 for buyers in the USA (depending on whether or not you purchase other items—shipping prices vary at both sites). 

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, Manticore4 said:

I just went through the checkout process at Amazon UK for Memento, and it appears they will ship to the USA, but it is still less expensive to buy direct from 101 for buyers in the USA (depending on whether or not you purchase other items—shipping prices vary at both sites). 

Probably more economical for those in US to order from Diabolik 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
MEMENTO UPDATE

Due to an unavoidable delay the official release date for our Blu-ray release of MEMENTO will now be 16th October.

We don't make the decision to move the release date lightly and we would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all of those who have placed pre-orders for this significant delay so close to the scheduled release.

Regards,
Gerry,101-Films.

• Thanks 7

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, Casiusco said:

For those of you who have already received it from the EU, were you charged customs?

There are shipments from UK where you are not charged customs (Example: Rarewaves or Zavvi) and others where you are (Amazon). I've bought it from 101 Films. 

What should I prepare for?

Thank you! :) 

And the answer is... yes, I've had to pay customs. 

I like this edition, they have put care when made it. Nothing too original but nothing bad, and good materials, trying to offer a good product. 

• Like 2