IGNORED

Steelbook decisions!

Veum

How do my fellow MP peeps decide:

1. Do I go ahead & get the most recent steelbook from the film(s) 🎥 I want now?

2. Do I just wait and hope that our great Premium retailers will come out with said steelbook film(s) 🎥 & in an appropriate time?

3. Do I double up or not?

My major concern for me is that every time I get the steel(s) for the most recent film(s) 🎥 I want I end up having to get my Premium release much later that comes out with the same steel as the one(s) I bought on the major markets, i.e. TARGET, BEST BUY, AMZ., Barnes and Noble, Etc.

I want to stop doubling up, but it seems almost impossible when our Premium retailers i.e. WeET, BF, ML, etc. come out albeit MUCH LATER with said steel(s)… oh vey!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped doubling up for the most part.  I dont watch as much media on disc as I used to so the BB/Target/Zavvi steels no longer are something I must buy as a watching copy anymore.  The premium market really doesnt come into play with the decision though, I will get those anyway most times.

• Thanks 1

Awards

1 minute ago, howarmat said:

I stopped doubling up for the most part.  I dont watch as much media on disc as I used to so the BB/Target/Zavvi steels no longer are something I must buy as a watching copy anymore.  The premium market really doesnt come into play with the decision though, I will get those anyway most times.

But when you enjoy collecting steelbooks and that is the way you 1st watch a movie what decision can one make, for instance here are just a few  films 🎥 coming out that I want to get a steel for:

image.jpeg.1e4843d2ba84af6a04db926145087124.jpeg

image.jpeg.af29463b8ca71c558de0074297ffbe56.jpeg

image.jpeg.a18c3b9986172e6689970dd4b7c2c545.jpeg

It's difficult, you're best bet is to skip out on the big blockbusters as those usually get premiums and if a premium never comes you can always get the steel book off ebay for sometimes the same price or slight mark up. So you may have to pay 60 for a best buy steel but that's cheaper than that steel plus a premium. If you see steelbooks for say Kubrick or the new RAN steel that's coming or any director that filmbuffs love, I'd say pick it up, but the marvel/DC and major blockbuster films there will always be steels and premiums to go around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, swish said:

Since it's an asian hero in the movie i think they will deliver something for this but not to soon

Thanks @swish, then maybe Best Buy will restock before their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales 

Spoiler

When does Best Buy’s Black Friday begin?

We know, Black Friday is technically Nov. 26, but Best Buy plans to get ahead of the game by starting its Black Friday sale a week early on Friday, Nov. 19. You can expect to see thousands of deals on all the top tech throughout this time.

This early start a is smart move to make, given the fact that there are numerous concerns surrounding holiday gifting and shipping delays this year.

Post Oct.22 and pre Nov. 19, Best Buy plans to host deals throughout the holiday shopping season. So keep your eyes peeled and check back here for updates.

I’ll need to keep a watch out for this! :)

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Veum:

Thanks @swish, then maybe Best Buy will restock before their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales 

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

When does Best Buy’s Black Friday begin?

We know, Black Friday is technically Nov. 26, but Best Buy plans to get ahead of the game by starting its Black Friday sale a week early on Friday, Nov. 19. You can expect to see thousands of deals on all the top tech throughout this time.

This early start a is smart move to make, given the fact that there are numerous concerns surrounding holiday gifting and shipping delays this year.

Post Oct.22 and pre Nov. 19, Best Buy plans to host deals throughout the holiday shopping season. So keep your eyes peeled and check back here for updates.

I’ll need to keep a watch out for this! :)

you can order it trough uk or german gb?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Veum:

I just hope we can get some Premium editions from our fav retailers of films 🎥 that have not been done as of yet…

burned-out on all this double, triple, quadruple over & over of the sale ‘Ol same ‘ol 😞 

200.gif

I like to see this movie in premium quality and with Wea steel

Ghostbusters

Goodfellas

Scarface

Batman 1989

Batman Returns

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, Veum said:

1. Do I go ahead & get the most recent steelbook from the film(s) 🎥 I want now?

2. Do I just wait and hope that our great Premium retailers will come out with said steelbook film(s) 🎥 & in an appropriate time?

3. Do I double up or not?

Old friend, I am not a movie collector or a steelbook collector. I am a packaging collector. When I started my collection, I picked the one I liked best from several steelbook editions. After I caught up with what was on the market, I broadened my taste to o-ring slips. Then Blufans came out with full slips.

I usually buy one edition of something, unless I really like the other packaging options. Then I may double, triple, etc. 

One beloved premium is worth several regular premiums, so I buy the ones I really want, not everything that comes along. The movie has to be something I'd like too. Sometimes I don't know I want something until I see someone's comment, unboxing, or in-hand pictures.

Don't buy something just to fill out a group shot. Let the ones you're most proud of guide your buying decisions.

Almost everything I buy is Asian, because I'm not a serious horror collector.

Edited by WKRP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• 1 month later...

How many steelbook retailer treatments with this? 🧐 

🇬🇧 Eternals 4K Steelbook (Zavvi Exclusive) (UK)

Eternals 4K Steelbook Zavvi Exclusive UK

Release Date: Feb 07, 2022 (This will be Live Thursday - Dec 16, 2021 @ 2000 UK Time/1700 RC Members)

Purchase Link:

Zavvi

Artwork:

13508767-1644918232412159.jpg

Back and Interior:

13508767-1114918232543937.jpg

13508767-1864918232479773.jpg
Found one stateside 🇺🇸 (Pre-ordered today! :))

Best Buy  Eternals 4K Steelbook (Best Buy Exclusive)

Eternals 4K Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive

Release Date: Feb 15, 2022

Purchase Link: 

Best Buy

Artwork:

image.jpeg.f6605b76b606f0d96e63c46f931f0481.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

I like these non-steelbooks of ETERNALS :)

Eternals 4K Blu-ray 🇺🇸 

Target

Target Exclusive / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital HD

Disney / Buena Vista | 2021 | 156 min | Rated PG-13 | Feb 15, 2022 (2 Months)

Eternals 4K (Blu-ray)

Eternals 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code - Walmart Exclusive (Includes Collectable Marvel Studios Limited Edition Enamel Pin)

image.jpeg.87062598b95e4ecbbd7a6479e2779056.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

all steelbook so far below, easy peasy xD 

Eternals (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

zavvi

£32.99

Eternals (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

best buy canada

CAD $44.99

Eternals (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]