• Tokyo Ghoul
    • Sword Art Online
    • Dragon Ball Z
    • Attack On Titan
    • Fate
    • Full Metal Alchemist
    • Other

• ★ Administrators ★

My favorite Anime of all time is Legend of the Galactic Heroes 😊 So epic, so good, I love everything about it, except maybe that it had to end 😥. I'm also a hugh Gundam Fan and don't forget the original Sailor Moon. The List could go on, but as I said Legend of the Galactic Heroes is above everything else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
18 hours ago, nefilim said:

Has anyone seen X-Men anime ? Any good ?

Do you mean the ones from a couple years ago from Japan: X-Men, Blade, Wolverine & Iron Man. IM was ok 7 out of 10, and the best of the bunch. X-Men was still ok 6 out of 10, Blade was medicore 5/10 and Wolverine was boring 4/10.

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Do you mean the ones from a couple years ago from Japan: X-Men, Blade, Wolverine & Iron Man. IM was ok 7 out of 10, and the best of the bunch. X-Men was still ok 6 out of 10, Blade was medicore 5/10 and Wolverine was boring 4/10.

Yep. Those.Thanks !

• 5 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, Sheikah said:

I'm gonna have to go with the Dragonball series in general. Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Super and ill even say Dragonball GT. I grew up watching the show.

I have watched/tested hundreds of series but this one is actually something I never tried. You can't see everything and it hasd a lot of episodes ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I have watched/tested hundreds of series but this one is actually something I never tried. You can't see everything and it hasd a lot of episodes 1f601.png

I agree there is a lot of material, but still no where near as much as like Naruto or One Piece I think haha. If you do decide to dive in, I would recommend starting with Dragonball as that shows the story of Goku as a kid and how he grows up. It's not as exciting as Dragonball Z with all the energy blasts or high speed fists flying around but it's still great imo!

• Thanks 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

@Rograt ah ok, I have only watched the first Gantz live Action Movie, but I was also not really a fan of the Anime. The Attack on Titan live Action I did not like at all, you should give the Anime a try it is one of the best series from the last few years and so much better than the strange live action. Death Note Movies are ok but again they can't compete with the Anime. Most of the time the Live Action feels somewhat inferior to the Anime. But that might be only my impression.

• Like 1

Just now, extantsrevenge said:

@ukade2327 that is indeed a series I know nothing about 1f601.png Out of curiousity I recently checked which Anime was airing when in Japan, but I started with 1974 (Heidi, because of the Miyazaki connection). And this one is even older.

It actually aired in Japan in1965 and was dubbed for release in US and UK late 60's....................used to watch it every Saturday morning ............

15 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

TBH not seen any on the list ...............the only anime cartoon I ever watched was probably one of the first to be shown on U.K TV between '69 and'71 and that was MARINE BOY ...............

bet you lot never heard of it ......................LOL..............I'm old ................Marine Boy

Definitely never heard of that haha. You should definitely check out some of the newer animes today. Theres some really well done animations.

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

It actually aired in Japan in1965 and was dubbed for release in US and UK late 60's....................used to watch it every Saturday morning ............

The Version from the UK consists most likely of the 1966 Ganbare! Marine Kid (13 Episodes) and the 69-71 Kaitei Shounen Marine (65 Episodes), the 65 Series only has 3 episodes and is still in Black & White.

8 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Definitely never heard of that haha. You should definitely check out some of the newer animes today. Theres some really well done animations.

And some really awful ones. The amount they releases is insane 4 Seasons per year with 30 to 40 shows each time. I have to admit that in recent years the quality is going down. But that might be because I get older and have already seen so much ?

I currently really do enjoy checking out older series.

• 1 month later...

Though my Daughter has been collecting Anime for 10+ years, I am just recently getting quite interested.

So I figure, hung for a lamb, hung for a sheep, might as well get busy!

I've picked up the following this 1st Quarter of 2018:

- GitS (1.0 & 2.0, Kimchi Premium Edition)

- GitS SAC & SAC 2nd GIG (Nova Special boxed editions)

- Attack on Titan (S-1 & S-2)

- Samurai Jack (box set collection)

- Miyazaki Collected Works (boxset)

- No Game No Life (collection)

- Capt Harlock, Space Pirate (Twighlight Time 3D movie)

- Capt Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth (boxset)

( some of these via trade forums, some brand new, all minty)

On Order:

- Samurai 7 (boxset)

- Samurai Champloo (boxset)

- Overlord (S-1)

- Cowboy Bebop (boxset)

- Space Battleship Yamato (film ver)

Future Orders: (when my wallet recovers, heh)

- Space Battleship Yamato (collection)

- Outlaw Star (collection)

- Legend of Galactic Heroes (collection)

Not a bad start I suppose...☺️

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@Rograt some nice pick ups. I personally can't wait for the day they finally release info on the first Legend of the Galactic Heroes US Volume, that will be one happy day ? Sadly all the Japanese releases do not have any subtitles. Really don't know why, because I would have even paid the insane few hundred bucks for each season with subtitles included.

Also when will we finally get a Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray release outside of Japan, it is getting rediculous ?

• Like 1