• Tokyo Ghoul
    • Sword Art Online
    • Dragon Ball Z
    • Attack On Titan
    • Fate
    • Full Metal Alchemist
    • Other

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Rograt some nice pick ups. I personally can't wait for the day they finally release info on the first Legend of the Galactic Heroes US Volume, that will be one happy day 1f60d.png Sadly all the Japanese releases do not have any subtitles. Really don't know why, because I would have even paid the insane few hundred bucks for each season with subtitles included.

Also when will we finally get a Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray release outside of Japan, it is getting rediculous 1f621.png

Did you mean  @Grendel ;):D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rograt said:

Did you mean  @Grendel ;):D

Heh, I figured @extantsrevenge was referring to my post (above) but since it got you to come here and have a peek at my listings, it's all good...?

I need to be very prudent going down this path.

Anime titles are assuredly, not cheap and many sets are frequently offered in a premium format, so the Visa card can easily get hammered.

The meagre listings I just posted total almost $1k already.

So yeah, something's gotta give sooner or later.

At least my focus has so far been on existing releases, except for a few notables forthcoming, so that list is almost complete.

I just need to um, stay focused? ?

Cheers!

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel yeah Anime is not a cheap hobby, but the prices today are nothing compared to the ones years ago. I bought my first Anime on VHS 25,- € for 3-4 episodes, and when I really started and bought the US DVD releases of some series ? that was not great for the wallet. For example Gundam Wing had 11 DVD Volume when it first came out, each of these coast me around 30,- € which makes it 330,- € the new Blue-Ray Boxset with so much stuff was only 145,- € for me. Also most of the time they release complete Sets now and not just a few episodes. You can get some of the classics for what I paid in the past for 1 Volume with 2-5 episodes. Anyway I better don't think about what I spend in all these years combined.

• Like 2

I can only imagine how pricey they were in the past.

Sort of reminds me of the obscene  prices I used to pay for Laser Discs...?

As I think I mentioned, my Daughter has been collecting Anime for 10+ years and refuses to buy Collector's Editions because of the hysterical pricing.

She buys shows for the shows. Sheesh, how crazy IS THAT!  ?

Anyway @extantsrevenge and @Rograt, thanks for your replies and your views.

I'm sure I'll have lots more to talk about in the future wrt anime purchase.

One of these days I also need to start taking some pics of my collections...heh heh.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

:wow:@lost soul nice list, many series and movies in it I also like. I think I have to post a longer list of my favorite stuff (than I did on page 1) soon. But it's really hard to make lists, since you always forget some great stuff 😂 I really like that you included Saber Rider and Cat's Eye, but I guess for us Germans these are a must 😊.

• ★ Administrators ★

@lost soul I also watch all anime in Japanese (i love the language a lot, sadly even after watching for so many years, I only know a few words). Mostly I watch with Englisch subs, but German are ok as well.

I think Saber Rider was the first Anime I ever watch (when I was young) and didn't even know that it was an Anime but simply a cartoon like Masters. English Dubs are absolutely horrible a few seconds are enough to loose your mind 🤣

• Like 1

Well, I've been watching Anime a lot longer than I've been buying Anime, as when my daughter was growing up I would sit with her and watch all the great shows that were available on YTV in the '90s.

So I'll just mention 5 titles I've purchased recently and really loved (in no real order);

- GitS (ALL of the analogues, as well as main feature)

- Hellsing (Ultimate) (probably my #1)

- SBY 2199

- Cowboy Bebop

- Outlaw Star

- Others...

- Special mention for NGNL:Zero (oh man, so many feels...)

🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, DarthEd said:

Ooh, I need to watch that. Is it available on Blu-ray?

Yes, please do! Haikyuu has awesome character arcs over several seasons with huge emotional pay off. Also, good animation, soundtrack and Volleyball action ( techniques and tactics are somewhat realistic with real life volleyball in contrast to Kurono Baskets)

You can watch Haikyuu on Netflix. There is also a neat Blu Ray Box from Sentai Filmworks.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Today, I decided my new icon picture from Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn. You must see Dragon Ball Z series or play Dragon Ball Z KAKAROT on game console. You should see not only Dragon Ball Z series, bus also Dragon Ball Super series. And most recent movie, Dragon Ball Super Broly is mind blowing🤯 You can feel energy of ultimately sophisticated battle drawing and new generation of Japanese battle animation. Any animation can’t defeat this movie.

Dragon Ball Super GIF by TOEI Animation UK

• Like 1