IGNORED

My 4K and Blu-ray collection (I’m new to collecting so please don’t be to harsh)

4 hours ago, Reagh said:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Prepare you to spend a lot of money. Go thinking about not giving gifts to the family, buying less clothes, selling the car, eating only ramen, and not wasting money buying Christmas lights or taking useless trips on weekends.

And buy shelves, lots of shelves. Kick someone out of the house if necessary.

It's the best suggestion we can give you.

PS: No, seriously: there are beautiful editions waiting for you, some even of movies that you already have in that great collection, and that you will buy again, even if you don't believe it right now. If you start diving calmly in the forum, your heart will be divided between GBs to which you will add yourself frantically, adding a bit of happiness and beauty to your day; and GBs already closed that will make you suffer for not having arrived here before, and that will force you to look at your plate of ramen longingly.

Still, this is a wonderful place, because you always come for something good. ;) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, Reagh said:

Thank you to all. I don’t have any premium box’s yet, but I’m looking forward to getting in on some very soon. To be completely honest I didn’t know anything about them until recently. I just signed up for my first groupbuy so I’m pretty excited. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

@Reagh My advice is to go slow and don't over-extend yourself. It's easy to get carried away. Also, you need to have a lot of patience when collecting premium releases (unless you get them on the secondary market). Every premium retailer is different, but you are essentially placing a pre-order for an item that will be made, invoiced, and shipped at a later date. When? Could be 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or more. This is due to many reasons I won't go into here. It can be difficult for some to take that leap of faith if they are used to commercial retailers where everything happens a lot faster. Once you have done this a while it makes a lot more sense and feels normal.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Reagh said:

Thank you to all. I don’t have any premium box’s yet, but I’m looking forward to getting in on some very soon. To be completely honest I didn’t know anything about them until recently. I just signed up for my first groupbuy so I’m pretty excited. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

When I started collecting,  it all started with basic steels... then I joined the dark side and joined the Land of the Psychos. Best advice is don't buy everything. Buy only what you want as part of your premium collection. Unless you have a money tree which I would love to borrow! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...