IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it! It dates a while back, but the one that sticks to mind is ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’.

I went to see it with my wife as we are huge Fincher fans and we just couldn’t believe that this film was made by the guy who had just made ´Zodiac’. Hugely disappointed.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Got it! It dates a while back, but the one that sticks to mind is ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’.

I went to see it with my wife as we are huge Fincher fans and we just couldn’t believe that this film was made by the guy who had just made ´Zodiac’. Hugely disappointed.

Yeah one of his poorer ones. Zodiac was really good. He's done more good then bad at least 😁

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 11:55 AM, Robertm89 said:

Really random question but I'm a proper amateur compared to others I've seen a lot of people say they keep there collection out of sight and out of light.... Why is this ? The sun is shining straight on my bookcase with all my collection in. They won't melt will they ?? 😂😂

tenor (8).gif

No, I don’t think they’ll melt but why take the chance? They all say there’s global warming going on.

Seriously though, if you really want to protect your collection from all sorts of random hazards (dust accumulation, nosy guests, wife, flying football) you should really consider storing it in some sort of closed cabinet (doesn’t have to be confined to a dark place, you could proudly display it behind glass or plexi).

Just my honest opinion and it also really depends on the size of one’s collection.

Here’s mine (custom made for a modest collection).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Robertm89 for me it was Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I wrote a big reply about it in the Movie Topic (only read if you know the movie, I don't remember if I included spoiler 😅). Still haven't see this for a second time. Damn that was such a disappointment 😭

Suprised in that in a way. I've never been a star wars fan myself but I thought everybody who was loved them all lol. So it must of been bad. Is that the most recent one aswell? Another one coming soon hopefully make up for it for you @extantsrevenge

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I can’t think of just 1 film that has let me down. 

Very near to top of the list would be Mad Max (last one)

Pile of crap. Loved the originals. 

On the subject of sunlight on your steelbook collection, I could only think that UV fade would be the problem. Then you’d need to have another unfaded copy to tell. So not sure it really matters. 

Could also get dazzled by the reflection off the protectors you bought from MP. :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

I can’t think of just 1 film that has let me down. 

Very near to top of the list would be Mad Max (last one)

Pile of crap. Loved the originals. 

On the subject of sunlight on your steelbook collection, I could only think that UV fade would be the problem. Then you’d need to have another unfaded copy to tell. So not sure it really matters. 

Could also get dazzled by the reflection off the protectors you bought from MP. :D

Good because where I have my collection at the moment is pretty much the only spare space I have. 

• Like 1

A few days ago I mentioned having my terminator marathon..which I've now completed. T1 and T2 are in my opinion some of the best movies going. Definitely part of my favourites. Cameron is a genius. Although as got older self loathes more and more, and I still think avatar isnt very good. Even though the concept is cool. 

Back to terminator though and T3: rise of the machines, now that one hurts my eyes. Maybe it's because the first 2 are so amazing that one was always gonna be a hard act to follow. But they turned Arnold character from a bad ass to pretty camp. Salvation wasn't the worst. Although always remembered more for bales meltdown on set 😂😂

Terminator genisys concept was good using an alternate timeline but it's execution was poor. Massive terminator geek which I know @extantsrevenge is a big fan too but I'm glad Terminator dark fate will forget about the poorer ones and only have T1 and T2 in the timeline. I hope it does the franchise justice 😁

giphy (21).gif

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Really random question but I'm a proper amateur compared to others I've seen a lot of people say they keep there collection out of sight and out of light.... Why is this ? The sun is shining straight on my bookcase with all my collection in. They won't melt will they ?? 😂😂

tenor (8).gif

Sunlight is a serious problem for everything. I collect comics for so long and was collecting toys also for a long time. In the begining when I was still a teenager I was not so careful and sometimes did not keep the light away from stuff. Everything the light touches regularly (or sometimes over a longer period of time) the colors will fade. It depends a little on the material, that was used to print them on, but in the end sunlight is a killer for any collectible. Do yourself a favor and don't let the sun touch your stuff. Some of my sealed toy items have a faded front (because at some point the light reached them), all other sides still have retained the original color. The same with comics, some of the very first comics I bought 25 years ago have color faded spines, all the rest is fine, because only that part was exposed to light. Honestly it sucks 😭

27 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

A few days ago I mentioned having my terminator marathon..which I've now completed. T1 and T2 are in my opinion some of the best movies going. Definitely part of my favourites.

Couldn't agree more 👍 both Masterpieces 😍

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
24 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

@extantsrevenge yeah I have just noticed now as the weather is getting nicer and the sun is shining on them. Never thought about it like that before and don't want them ruined. Finding space elsewhere is the issue. How/where do you store your collection??

Yes space is always an issue. I have my collection in a regular room (as I also want to look at the stuff 😅). The windows all have blinds (which are always down) and I build some extra covers for the small parts on the blinds that still let sunlight through. It might seem a little strange to an outsider, but I really learned my lesson on those toys 😥. Best of course would be some dark room in the cellar, with extra climate control, but that would not really work here 😂.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Yes space is always an issue. I have my collection in a regular room (as I also want to look at the stuff 😅). The windows all have blinds (which are always down) and I build some extra covers for the small parts on the blinds that still let sunlight through. It might seem a little strange to an outsider, but I really learned my lesson on those toys 😥. Best of course would be some dark room in the cellar, with extra climate control, but that would not really work here 😂.

coffee.gif @extantsrevenge Yeah, can you order me my "special" movie-cave room for me, so I can display all my collections & watch all my films/tv shows...

I need to win the "Lotto" to accomplish this! icon_razz.gif

I have no room for proper display!! icon_sad.gif You all that do have proper displays/room be very thankfull!! ;)

Although I'm quite content, believe it or not!!! :D

Veum bullwhip.gif

• Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

My biggest let-down in recent memory was the new Hellboy movie. My expectations were sky high after seeing the trailers and I was really psyched to see it, but when I did the whole thing just fell flat for me.  It wasn't terrible or anything, I just thought it would be awesome and it was just meh. 

• Like 2

Just now, deckard99 said:

My biggest let-down in recent memory was the new Hellboy movie. My expectations were sky high after seeing the trailers and I was really psyched to see it, but when I did the whole thing just fell flat for me.  It wasn't terrible or anything, I just thought it would be awesome and it was just meh. 

Yeah I've not watched that I wasn't feeling it when I seen trailer. It was a movie that didn't really need to be remade/rebooted. But Hollywood don't have new ideas much these days. I know to stay clear of that now haha 

• Like 1

Just now, Robertm89 said:

Yeah I've not watched that I wasn't feeling it when I seen trailer. It was a movie that didn't really need to be remade/rebooted. But Hollywood don't have new ideas much these days. I know to stay clear of that now haha 

so fed up with reboots/remakes, they need to come up with something orginal and when they dont like the amount of money it made, NOT reboot/remake it is my biggest piss off and then i boycott the series from then on if everyone did it they get the message in the end.

only thing i wish they would carry on would be a matrix 4 and carry on from where they left off, now that i would like :D

what you reckon @Scary Hair?

basil:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Basil said:

so fed up with reboots/remakes, they need to come up with something orginal and when they dont like the amount of money it made, NOT reboot/remake it is my biggest piss off and then i boycott the series from then on if everyone did it they get the message in the end.

only thing i wish they would carry on would be a matrix 4 and carry on from where they left off, now that i would like :D

what you reckon @Scary Hair?

basil:)

Totally agree @Basil new ideas needed. New matrix movie... Now that would be interesting. I just can't see it happening. We can hope though. We'll probably get a reboot in a few years time 🤔☹️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

tenor (8).gif

They won't melt .....but if they're left too long in sunlight the spines will fade ....☹️....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

I thought the Predator was disappointing ..... ☹️.....was so stoked to see it ... but what a let down .... didn’t stop me from getting the premiums though ....🤪🤪🤪..... after all its still a Predator movie ... 🤣..

Totally agree with that one too @ukade2327  When I seen Shane black was on board I thought he knows predator he won't stop using inappropriate language it up and it was pretty poor. But like you I still own 2 copy's of it 😂😂

• Haha 1