IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a good night my friends and an even better weekend. As for me holiday vacation is still on but my traveling for the season is done. Glad to be back home to sleep in my own bed use my own wifi and best of all no bedbugs which apparently the motel I stayed may have had a case of according to another customer who came yelling out of his room at 2am complaining of bed bugs bitting him......yikes. Thankfully I always keep a can or two of bed bug spray in my truck for when I have to stay somewhere. Of course I was awake the rest of the night/early morning. 

Sleep Eye GIF by Family Guy

• Like 5

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌥️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

i am what i am nbc GIF by The Blacklist

40%
A morning shower in spots; otherwise, times of clouds and sun

RealFeel®37°

RealFeel Shade™35°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindWSW 9 mph

“weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning”❣️🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Pour one out for Tom Wilkinson.  So many great movies.  Hard to disagree with the budding consensus that Michael Clayton and In The Bedroom are his best.  Can’t recommend Bedroom enough, probably not on a lot of people’s radar anymore.

Also played the best Benjamin Franklin on film in John Adams, along with a hundred other great supporting roles.

• Like 5

Amazon US has the Seven box now.  Just like the UK, they’re showing a release date a couple of weeks from now.  Grindhouse was showing April, which sounds a bit more realistic.  It’s weird to me that there’s no official news about this.

Another weird thing: Amazon UK’s price converted to just over 100 American dollars, Grindhouse charged $101.  It’s going for $150 on Amazon US.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️  🥶  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Happy New Year Frohes Neues Jahr GIF

8%
Mostly cloudy; a winter storm could impact travel this weekend; check AccuWeather frequently

RealFeel®35°

RealFeel Shade™35°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindNW 8 mph

• Like 10

I’ve mostly finished my media room (a glorified space for playing video games and storing movies), one task left.  Since I don’t usually think about value, I’ve removed all of the posters from the sets/discs that came with them.  Or thought I had.

Now, I have to decide which of the 30 or so posters to put up.  I’m holding off, because I’m pretty positive I want to put up the Great Danton poster that comes with The Prestige Blufans set.  So I’m not making the final decision until that set shows up (I hope soon!).

Anyway, before spring of this year, I pretty much bought movies for the movie itself, some Criterion discs in the mix.  I only started getting any other kind of premium product in April.  So when I pulled posters I didn’t even look at my blu ray collection.  

Today I broke out my Andrei Rublev Criterion, thinking about watching it, found this:

IMG_0215.thumb.jpeg.354bf208c130e5dd4f0b63a985e447dc.jpeg

Pretty cool!  Completely forgot it was there.  

I realize I’m probably the only person who thinks this is very cool and I’m sorry to have made you read all that :) 

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’ve mostly finished my media room (a glorified space for playing video games and storing movies), one task left.  Since I don’t usually think about value, I’ve removed all of the posters from the sets/discs that came with them.  Or thought I had.

Now, I have to decide which of the 30 or so posters to put up.  I’m holding off, because I’m pretty positive I want to put up the Great Danton poster that comes with The Prestige Blufans set.  So I’m not making the final decision until that set shows up (I hope soon!).

Anyway, before spring of this year, I pretty much bought movies for the movie itself, some Criterion discs in the mix.  I only started getting any other kind of premium product in April.  So when I pulled posters I didn’t even look at my blu ray collection.  

Today I broke out my Andrei Rublev Criterion, thinking about watching it, found this:

IMG_0215.thumb.jpeg.354bf208c130e5dd4f0b63a985e447dc.jpeg

Pretty cool!  Completely forgot it was there.  

I realize I’m probably the only person who thinks this is very cool and I’m sorry to have made you read all that :) 

I have a love hate relationship with these folded posters.  I love they are there, and I'm always thrilled to see them.  But then, I see the creases and think, huh, that's not gunna look good on the wall.  Some, depending on the paper quality, actually split the printing on the folds, and create white lines which no amount of flattening can cure.

This one is the best one ever . . . no creases can stop Sexual Chocolate and Randy Watson.

image.thumb.jpeg.ffa890702299de6b1c0030cf2f5d9bf7.jpeg

• Like 6