IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🥤  Mail call today! 🧛‍♂️ 🤠 🎬

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

[WCL Exclusive #021] King of the Children (1987) (Scanavo case) [China]

The Great Escape (1963) (WCL Exclusive #025) (Blu-ray Scanavo Fullslip) [China]

From a MP member! 😊

FILMARENA John Wick (FAC Exclusive No.15) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Czech Republic] Angel Edition

3FACB7B6-27B1-44DD-BCBE-7265E366A5D3.thumb.jpeg.9e4874d9db2bba89c464fa4800b63368.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Veum Your postie (mail man) must hate you 😂 I swear you have at least 5 delivered per day 😂😂😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

🥤@Pbsw23

Are you kiddin’, I’m the nicest person you could ever have met...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ff84a7f8948dde1358

... also we have a huge mailbox!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29717a21f72155353aaf

Also I usually know when my goodies are coming so I can meet our mail carrier...

A9CE219E-0223-4F00-9990-34CB3F53DD6E.gif.a71c01d823db4b2d42cbc8d42165766a.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 3

Hey @Pbsw23

89C69DBE-4586-4F75-A2A6-5D17A1F9B1FB.jpeg.149ba0070abba50629b86ce7c9d2057e.jpeg

The characters circled I hoped was killed off because they provided me no entertainment! Damn they’re annoying! Tom Holland isn’t my favorite Spider-Man either so I don’t always enjoy him on screen even though he does do a good job acting wise. I just don’t like the way his version of Spider-Man is written. Far From Home I enjoyed all these characters more than Homecoming they seemed less annoying for me.

• Like 3

@Hollywood E Rock Each to their own mate, who am I to tell someone what to like. I agree to a certain extent, in that when I first watched it I had to adjust my mindset from the classically drawn characters and storylines we all know so well. I’ve watched Home coming 4 times now I think, and as with most movies, they are better 2nd time around. These guys have also grown into their characters in Far From Home.

Marvel have to modernise and draw in new younger fans. Not only do the stories need to move with the times, but Disney will undoubtably have a view and an agenda, in much the same way we have Disney princesses of every ethnicity. I think this is what they were aiming for with homecoming.

Even ‘Shocker’ wasn’t the classic Villain, far from it in fact. And how strange (yet refreshing) for Aunt May to not be a retired old dear, and to have no Harry Osborne kicking around.

I am obviously a Huge Spidey fan, and in fact enjoy all of the various Spidey movies regardless of who portrays him. But in Homecoming we got something fresh and new. Fans complained his suit was too tech, but in actual fact, it makes much more sense that a school kid is given a tech suit by his mentor than making one himself right?

Anyway, I’ve gone wayyyyy off topic 😂 I can’t wait for the 3rd instalment, and am praying that Keaton returns as Vulture, and that we see Scorpion seek his revenge all whilst Parker’s identity has now been revealed. Could be the perfect coming of age superhero movie. 🤞🏼😁

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Hollywood E Rock Each to their own mate, who am I to tell someone what to like. I agree to a certain extent, in that when I first watched it I had to adjust my mindset from the classically drawn characters and storylines we all know so well. I’ve watched Home coming 4 times now I think, and as with most movies, they are better 2nd time around. These guys have also grown into their characters in Far From Home.

Marvel have to modernise and draw in new younger fans. Not only do the stories need to move with the times, but Disney will undoubtably have a view and an agenda, in much the same way we have Disney princesses of every ethnicity. I think this is what they were aiming for with homecoming.

Even ‘Shocker’ wasn’t the classic Villain, far from it in fact. And how strange (yet refreshing) for Aunt May to not be a retired old dear, and to have no Harry Osborne kicking around.

I am obviously a Huge Spidey fan, and in fact enjoy all of the various Spidey movies regardless of who portrays him. But in Homecoming we got something fresh and new. Fans complained his suit was too tech, but in actual fact, it makes much more sense that a school kid is given a tech suit by his mentor than making one himself right?

Anyway, I’ve gone wayyyyy off topic 😂 I can’t wait for the 3rd instalment, and am praying that Keaton returns as Vulture, and that we see Scorpion seek his revenge all whilst Parker’s identity has now been revealed. Could be the perfect coming of age superhero movie. 🤞🏼😁

@Pbsw23

You know since you mentioned it, I probably do need to go back & view it again. I’ve only seen it once in the theaters, & you are right, repeated viewings are often time needed to fully appreciate a film.

I am okay with some of the changes, I really like the character change of Aunt May. Him getting the suit from his mentor does make more sense than him making a fancy version for himself. It’s just with that suit he feels more like a sidekick than his own superhero.

Uncle Ben’s presence not being in the movie I think is the biggest sin of the movie. We don’t have to see what happens to him, but his presence should be felt. Peter no longer has his moral compass, His motives feels to connected to his mentor which takes away some of his individuality as a character.

To me it’s like changing why Bruce became Batman. It’s okay to make changes to freshen up a character. I think it works best when the character doesn’t connect to anything. Make Peter a woman, or Chinese, I’m fine with whatever when the story is self contained. Since this story is connected to the overall universe it’s harder to look pass some of the character changes.

With all that said I am excited for the third movie, I’m to much of a Spidey fan not to be. I really hope Keaton returns also. Everything you mentioned I would be fine with for the 3rd installment!

• Like 3

🥤  good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 🧛‍♂️ 🤠

Happy Saturday! 😊

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290b857641a97a362333

Just me today... wifey out w/best friend!😁

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2929de60c0a3df5bc117

Now...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d45d3fe90921dfcc5e

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c16c5fb0e57d410539

Later...

College 🏈 today (recorder), spooky movie(s) 🎬 later! 😀

49609E72-C9AF-4A90-B741-CFFF5F5AF9B2.gif.d194e92b5e302f968a48964323ab0d71.gif

A little... maybe! 🤨

NOT!!! 😫

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294b42c1abbbabb8a6e7

But I have my...  

C5762EAB-ADED-4789-B915-149BCA636AF8.gif.f151f78d01ab3f60751e6b85e53771a6.gif

Psychos, have a beautiful day! 😘

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29412fd0ebe4a8d031dd

• Like 3

Another afternoon, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

giphy.gif

The journey for today is unknown, but what I do know is that today will be a good day! I hope Sunday has been kind to the rest of you Psychos. I know the day is winding down for some of you. To SUNDAY!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Well. 
Finally watched End Game last night. (3D)
Had a great night in. Watched Infinity then End Game. Nearly 6 hrs. 
Must say that End Game was the biggest anti climax for many years.
I had fastidiously avoided ‘spoilers’ for months. Really looking forward to what I thought would be an extension to Infinity. (Probably the best movie ever made)

Then... basically a time travel movie with a bit of fighting at the end !!!

To me it felt like they were trying to tie everything together before moving on. Why ?

Why not just move on, and make reference to previous movies/characters as they go ?
In my opinion this pair of movies fell far short of real classics like The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings. 
The greatest battles were in the first movie. What happened to building the momentum and releasing in the last act ???
They brought characters back for the final battle without explanation of how or why. They just started appearing !

The hype around this film was totally unjustified in my opinion. 
Where Marvel go from this, remains to be seen, but that was not a fitting end to the first part in my opinion. Poor. Very poor. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

Well. 
I had fastidiously avoided ‘spoilers’ for months. Really looking forward to what I thought would be an extension to Infinity. (Probably the best movie ever made)

To me it felt like they were trying to tie everything together before moving on. Why ?

Why not just move on, and make reference to previous movies/characters as they go ?
In my opinion this pair of movies fell far short of real classics like The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings. 
The greatest battles were in the first movie. What happened to building the momentum and releasing in the last act ???
They brought characters back for the final battle without explanation of how or why. They just started appearing !

Where Marvel go from this, remains to be seen, but that was not a fitting end to the first part in my opinion. Poor. Very poor. 

@DodgyDave

I was also quite disappointed w/Endgame and the way they did not use the characters to explain the how/why! 😉

I have not seen Infinity as of yet... 😮

7 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

Well. 

@DodgyDave

Isn’t it just wonderful when you can have that kinda free time to yourself with no interruptions. It’s nice to hear about.

You waited this long & didn’t see any spoilers 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don’t understand why you feel Endgame wasn’t an extension of Infinity War? They don’t feel like two separate movies to me. They feel like they suppose to be one 6 hour movie as you watched it. Very interesting to me your perspective. Infinity War is very heavy on action while Endgame is heavy on character drama. Separately they are both flawed, but together I think they make for a better whole. They compliment each other. Now with that said I wouldn’t have made the same creative decisions if I was making the films but that is neither here nor there.

When you break it down to it’s bare bones, yes it is just a time travel movie, but what was you expecting? The creators kinda wrote themselves into a corner with how they decided to end Infinity War.

You’re right that’s exactly what the creators was doing was tying everything up, because this movie is supposed to represent a finale! Infinity War & Endgame are basically big block buster series finales to every other movie that came before it.

Each movie is like a chapter or an episode of one big tv show that we experience on the big screen. After this nothing will be the same, kinda like how things are on tv shows that end, & have follow up spinoff shows. Every movie after Endgame will be like the spin-off shows.

I believe they did build the momentum especially if you look at both films like just one big film. You are right the battles are more creative in the first movie. I think the hour long end battle was good but the structure of the fight is repetitive. They did explain how the characters where brought back, Hulk snapped them back to life & Doctor Strange brought everyone to the battle. Remember Doctor Strange already knew the future so he knew what to do once being brought back.

8 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

This movie definitely was overhyped, I think both movies are, but considering that actors contracts was up & the creators was trying to make the movies feel like one big conclusion to a big budget television show the ending wasn’t all to bad. It most definitely could have been better I think the story was rushed a little because of actors contracts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Veum said:

@DodgyDave

I was also quite disappointed w/Endgame and the way they did not use the characters to explain the how/why! 😉

I have not seen Infinity as of yet... 😮

@Veum

You haven’t seen Infinity War yet!?? You watched them out of order!! You spoiled Infinity War for yourself by watching them out of order.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The kind of news that call for a big, fat, juicy cigar (and I don’t smoke).

Treat yourselves to one, fellas, it’s a celebration.

051FA74F-2D97-4EF6-B7B0-68D976B158C9.gif

@R1s1ngs0n

I don’t smoke either, but I agree those beauty shots are something to celebrate! So why the hell not just this once!

giphy.gif

• Like 3