IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Basil said:

Don't let @R1s1ngs0n hear you talk like that 🤣🤣🤣

But for what it's worth I am just as bad, I have been up late cut onto this film then found I can't get into it this is on the telly and maybe that's due to tiredness.

But think I have to be in the mood to watch them, infact I bought them last November in a sale they still sit in the cellophane if I'm honest. I will at some point sit down with the 3 and do a marathon but I have to be in the mood for this sort of films.

So at least there is 2 of us like this 🤣🤣🤣

When I watch them properly I may even be converted 👍👍👍

Basil 👍

You too? 

Whats Going On Wtf GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Not to keep beating a dead horse [head], but crazily enough, one of my motivating factors to watch The Godfather is curiosity surrounding the third entry. I've heard so many disparaging opinions about that movie, it's absolutely fascinating. Planning to watch the theatrical cut first, followed by the Coda re-edit.

If it's possible to discuss without any major spoilers, where do you guys land on the third entry?

1 & 2 are perfect masterpieces, there is no debate about that. 3 is flawed but is still a very, very good movie that had the misfortune of following two monuments of American cinema AND of being released in the same year as Goodfellas, which completely reinvented the Gangster genre.

I actually don't think CODA added that much to the original version, which I may even prefer.

• Like 9

I don’t have a good sense of whether or not there are many other Cronenberg fans around here, but I found something kind of cool.  One of the essays in the EXistenZ set mentions a Cronenberg conversation with Salman Rushdie.  Not being able to resist such a thing, I dug it up and here it is:

http://www.intralinea.org/monographs/zanettin/sr/cronemberg.htm

It took place in the summer of 1995 when the Rushdie fatwa was still pretty fresh.  Anyway, I think it’s kind of cool if you’re a fan of either guy but especially if you’re a fan of both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hansreinhardt said:

I just finished The Godfather.

John Locke Lost Show GIF

The stars finally aligned—really enjoyed it this time, wow. The final couple of shots... chills. I wish I had 3.5 hours more to watch Part II.

There you go! I am so glad you enjoyed it, as Godfather Part I is splendid, but you are going to have even more fun with Part II (which to me is the far superior one of the two). 

• Like 5

Awards

7 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I just finished The Godfather.

John Locke Lost Show GIF

The stars finally aligned—really enjoyed it this time, wow. The final couple of shots... chills. I wish I had 3.5 hours more to watch Part II.

IMG_0551.gif.1d40ba7fc9354707e9e52f4c604db384.gif

That’s awesome.  I’m just glad you liked it.  I have the feeling that you’ll be the kind of person who thinks Part 2 is significantly better.  I go back and forth depending on what kind of mood I’m in.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Nadam said:

There you go! I am so glad you enjoyed it, as Godfather Part I is splendid, but you are going to have even more fun with Part II (which to me is the far superior one of the two). 

See, this seems normal.  Sometimes I think 2 is much better, then there are times where I think 1 is more efficient and effective.  I don’t know.  Like I said, depends on my mood.

• Like 5

We made it to Friday!! I love the Godfather Trilogy, but Part 2 is still my favorite of the 3.

Its Friday GIF by The Office

28 Days Until SwornFest

113 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

133 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

169 Days Until Retro Expo

274 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

279 Days Until Halloween

307 Days Until Thanksgiving

334 Days Until Christmas

341 Days Until New Year

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Just saw the movie mentioned and every time I do this bugs me :  why can’t I get North by Notthwest in 4K??  Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m grateful to have most of the other Hitchcock movies in 4K, but NxNW is my favorite!  Who do I need to bribe?

I am hoping this year since the 4K restoration has been shown in some theaters. 

• Like 5

Awards

6 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Just saw the movie mentioned and every time I do this bugs me :  why can’t I get North by Notthwest in 4K??  Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m grateful to have most of the other Hitchcock movies in 4K, but NxNW is my favorite!  Who do I need to bribe?

WB owns the rights to NbNW, not Universal.  They released a theatrical 4k I believe in 2019, not sure if it was a new scan or not, but selectively screened.  It will prob get released this year as part of a WB100 release or individually (65th anniversary).  That's the hope/speculation.  It appeared in the Universal Hitchcock HD box, there was some sort of deal with WB to include it, I believe it was a swap for a Kubrick film that Universal owned that WB wanted for one of their boxes..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

WB owns the rights to NbNW, not Universal.  They released a theatrical 4k I believe in 2019, not sure if it was a new scan or not, but selectively screened.  It will prob get released this year as part of a WB100 release or individually (65th anniversary).  That's the hope/speculation.  It appeared in the Universal Hitchcock HD box, there was some sort of deal with WB to include it, I believe it was a swap for a Kubrick film that Universal owned that WB wanted for one of their boxes..

Nice, thank you.

Random note:  if I were putting together a premium set, I’d include George Kaplan’s comb, with dandruff.

• Haha 4