IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I made it to the processing scene and fell asleep.  But I never really planned to make it all the way through, I knew I was too sleepy for that.  I’ve seen it severely times, big PTA fan.

Ah for some reason I thought you hadn't seen it, oops. Nice though! The processing scene is probably my favorite part of the movie. Also love the editing mixed with Jonny Greenwood's score at the very top of the film.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Kicking off the weekend with…

IMG_0787.gif.9fd274b686749d0cc7a0358582856dfb.gif

IMG_0786.thumb.jpeg.ac5aeaca1d4838208fcb9a1ad3df598d.jpeg

Absolutely incredible work of art. I got to watch it for my first time a few months ago, and was really impressed. I really hope this comes to 4K at some point in the future, but I won't get my hopes up.

• Like 4

Awards

1 minute ago, Nadam said:

Absolutely incredible work of art. I got to watch it for my first time a few months ago, and was really impressed. I really hope this comes to 4K at some point in the future, but I won't get my hopes up.

Agreed! I first saw it in 70mm and was blown away. IMHO the BD replicates that experience nicely and looks really stunning, but a 4K release would really push the envelope. I bet it'll be a reference-quality disc when the time comes, going to be a day one buy for sure.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hansreinhardt said:

Agreed! I first saw it in 70mm and was blown away. IMHO the BD replicates that experience nicely and looks really stunning, but a 4K release would really push the envelope. I bet it'll be a reference-quality disc when the time comes, going to be a day one buy for sure.

Oooooooo, The Master in 70mm would be breathtaking! I read that PTA doesn't like to re-visit previous work based on former interviews, so it is possible we won't be seeing more of his work in 4K, but I really hope I am wrong. As you said, I also feel The Master would be a stellar reference-quality disc. I would also love to get Inherent Vice and Boogies Nights on 4K Blu-Ray, too.

• Like 4

Awards

5 minutes ago, Nadam said:

Oooooooo, The Master in 70mm would be breathtaking! I read that PTA doesn't like to re-visit previous work based on former interviews, so it is possible we won't be seeing more of his work in 4K, but I really hope I am wrong. As you said, I also feel The Master would be a stellar reference-quality disc. I would also love to get Inherent Vice and Boogies Nights on 4K Blu-Ray, too.

If that's the hold up, then I hope PTA relents eventually... I don't know how distribution works, but you'd think the promise of 4K sales would assuage his reluctance a little? Boogie Nights would also be a fantastic to have in 4K. @Gary K was talking up Inherent Vice the other day, I've really got to give that one another go, I haven't seen it all the way through.

By the way, welcome to the forum @Nadam! Glad to see you around here.

Waving City Bus GIF by Connect TransitStar Trek Drinking GIF

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

If that's the hold up, then I hope PTA relents eventually... I don't know how distribution works, but you'd think the promise of 4K sales would assuage his reluctance a little? Boogie Nights would also be a fantastic to have in 4K. @Gary K was talking up Inherent Vice the other day, I've really got to give that one another go, I haven't seen it all the way through.

Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I just learned about you all this morning, and wanted to give it a shot. I joined a group buy, and really looking forward to chatting with more cinephiles!

• Like 5

Awards

32 minutes ago, Nadam said:

I don’t know how much PTA was involved, if at all, but Punch Drunk Love is one of the 4K movies in the next Columbia Classics set (volume 4 maybe?) that drops in a month or two.  

I posted this here a few days ago, but Boogie Nights is also on a list of supposedly upcoming WB releases that I found at Digital Bits.  I hope it’s true.  TWBB is the one that I really want.

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.2045d576902967b0f3e8264653ec8bf7.jpeg

I was really surprised when they didn’t put out Licorice Pizza in 4K.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I *like* Inherent Vice but don’t love it; having said that, I could watch Josh Brolin’s scenes on a loop.  He’s amazing in that movie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ ☁️ 🥶 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Good Morning Hello GIF by CBBC

0%
Not as cold with times of clouds and sun

RealFeel®23°

RealFeel Shade™20°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindSSE 6 mph

Good morning! It’s a chilly one here, too. Try to stay warm!

• Like 4

Awards