IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

26 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

I will say that I am thankfull for my son graduating and getting a job.  🤣.  No,  seriously I am, A very proud dad. 

Congratulations!  My son is 12, and I’m very much looking forward to the day when he gets a job :)  

I guess I have a lot to be thankful for.  I’ve mentioned buying a house on here (my first, I always moved a lot, rented).  Final closing is tomorrow, just bought the cashier’s check.  

Thankful it’s a brand new home! I took on maintenance at the place we’ve been renting.  It’s an almost 60 year old house and there are constant problems with wiring, plumbing, not to mention damage from old trees blowing down.  Very excited.

Thankful for a healthy child.  He’s very much a 12 year old boy with the struggles that entails, but he’s healthy and mostly happy.

Thankful that my job has calmed down.  We were in launch mode, working 7 days a week from last November to this June.  From Christmas Day until I was able to take a few vacation days in April, not a single day off, usually 12 hour days plus calls at home.  Now it’s a normal job and I mostly have my weekends free and I’m grateful.

Thankful for the family that I have left and everyone currently in good health.  Moved where I am now to be close to my son’s grandparents and I’m really grateful for their help and guidance.  My grandparents played a huge role in my childhood and I’m really happy that my son has that.

Thankful for my health!  I just turned 49 and we can’t take it for granted anymore.  

Also thankful for my friends.  Recently got together with a group that I’ve been friends with for 25 years and everyone has reconnected.  It was an unfortunate circumstance 

Almost finished:  I’m thankful that Martin Scorsese, David Fincher, Michael Mann and Ridley Scott (among others) are still out here making movies.  The Covid years were pretty lean movie-wise, and now all the masters are producing at once.  Don’t know who’s going to fill their shoes when they’re gone, 3 of those guys are getting pretty old, but I’m excited to see who tries.

That’s it.  Sorry to ramble on, lots to be thankful for.

• Like 4

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, MikeH5856 said:

BREAKING NEWS! 

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/111523-0659

image.thumb.jpeg.017efe4df0d3cd4f12ff710dccd6f338.jpeg

On one hand very excited for these releases with extra features,

On the other I’m pretty irritated that that I bought avatar 1&2 less than 6 months ago and now they put these out.

• Like 2

It's Friday finally!!! As we continue our Thanksgiving Tradition of being thankful. I'm thankful for my amazing wife. She puts up with a lot, 5 kids and a guy that loves Media and Collectibles. I couldn't do it without her everyday. Congrats @Heywoodmoutaw on the new home, and I agree after we hit a certain age, we have to be thankful for our health as well.

Happy Thanks GIF by BrittDoesDesign

Days Until Thanksgiving

38 Days Until Christmas

349 Days Until Halloween

• Like 4

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌧️ ☁️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Scared Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

89%
A couple of showers this morning; otherwise, mainly cloudy and mild

RealFeel®60°

RealFeel Shade™60°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 10 mph

• Like 2

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Sipping Tea Time GIF

0%
Plenty of sun; quiet weather for early holiday travelers

RealFeel®56°

RealFeel Shade™53°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindNNW 5 mph

• Like 3

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Up too early this morning 🥱 

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

0%
Mostly sunny and nice

RealFeel®63°

RealFeel Shade™60°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindN 5 mph

• Like 3

I have a truck loaded up ready to go to the new house (I have already carried the critical cargo, my movies, in my car :) ), had to go meet the guy hooking up internet (Spectrum, if anyone is familiar).  Turns out they haven’t finished the “construction” they have to do to get me internet, so no internet yet.

Background:  I waited an hour for Spectrum yesterday, the guy says he’s a coax tech not a fiber tech, rescheduled for today, waited 2 hours.  With a truck half full of furniture across town that I need to finish working on.

So now I have to wait 3-5 days which, with the holiday interrupting next week, which means it could be 2 weeks before they send their construction team and I get internet.  Oh well.  Any streaming will have to rely on my phone as a hotspot but really, it’s a good thing I have lots of discs.  Physical media for the win!

• Like 8

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌧️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)🍁 🙋🏻‍♂️

Fall Season GIF

70%
Cloudy with rain at times this afternoon

RealFeel®50°

RealFeel Shade™50°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindE 10 mph

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Monday Psychos! My Browns came from behind and beat the Steelers which felt so good, so I'm thankful my team is doing better this year. Have a great day!

Hallmark Ecards Fall GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Days Until Thanksgiving

35 Days Until Christmas

346 Days Until Halloween

reading that from the outside of america the world wide question is nathan would you like some toilet paper sounds kind of messy? xD 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Haha 4

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

After five weeks, today the children were able to see blue skies again. Still, it is colder than normal for this time of year.

No matter if it's hot or cold, it's always different than normal this time of year. 

By the way, as fate would have it, Black Friday coincides with the heaviest renovation work in my home. With the biggest expenses.

Is fate trying to tell me something?

d5eib7i-58963740-69c1-420e-975e-80e7c4a7

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

After five weeks, today the children were able to see blue skies again. Still, it is colder than normal for this time of year.

No matter if it's hot or cold, it's always different than normal this time of year. 

By the way, as fate would have it, Black Friday coincides with the heaviest renovation work in my home. With the biggest expenses.

Is fate trying to tell me something?

d5eib7i-58963740-69c1-420e-975e-80e7c4a7

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWEAsking Grace Helbig GIF by This Might GetSales Discount GIF by Maria Johnsen

basil xD 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Basil said:

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWEAsking Grace Helbig GIF by This Might GetSales Discount GIF by Maria Johnsen

basil xD 

For a moment I thought you were going to tell me to be sensible, not to buy movies this BF, and to invest in my home renovations, which is a lot of money to think about other things now.

But no, you didn't tell me. :D 

You don't recommend me to be sensible, but to take advantage of the discounts for movies!!!! 

car-crazy.gif

• Haha 3

On 11/19/2023 at 10:16 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I have a truck loaded up ready to go to the new house (I have already carried the critical cargo, my movies, in my car :) ), had to go meet the guy hooking up internet (Spectrum, if anyone is familiar).  Turns out they haven’t finished the “construction” they have to do to get me internet, so no internet yet.

Background:  I waited an hour for Spectrum yesterday, the guy says he’s a coax tech not a fiber tech, rescheduled for today, waited 2 hours.  With a truck half full of furniture across town that I need to finish working on.

So now I have to wait 3-5 days which, with the holiday interrupting next week, which means it could be 2 weeks before they send their construction team and I get internet.  Oh well.  Any streaming will have to rely on my phone as a hotspot but really, it’s a good thing I have lots of discs.  Physical media for the win!

I see you are in the middle of the storm. Cheer up!

If it's any consolation, I activated my internet connection and cable TV, and I have them working, thinking I could have everything ready on September 1st.... and I haven't been able to use it yet because the fix for some basic things there is being delayed one time and another.

In theory, this week everything will be (almost) solved. Then we will be able to toast together as we still have many boxes to open. ;) 

I hate to be living like this, with things I can't use, and many stored in boxes so they don't get dirty while they finish. 

• Like 3