IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

The good news is, you only got about 20 more years of sleepless nights and early mornings! 🤣

9 hours ago, Basil said:

Sorry to here that nathan

There Is always whiskey for the dummy or not happy with that soloution, could always get earplugs and let wife deal with itxD

And that is a joke before anyone gets the hump either 👍

Basil :D

8 hours ago, Gary K said:

I remember those days vividly with our 1 and 3 year olds….it will pass before you know it hang in there!!

Thanks guys, can't wait for 2040!

• Haha 5

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Anyone have any (fun) plans for the weekend? We'll probably spend some family time on near the lake and enjoy the cool weather while we can. No big events or activities are planned though.

Otherwise, I keep putting off getting a signature for this site and am getting tired of just seeing the platinum sig. I just don't know what to chose for it...

season 3 GIF by The Good Place

• Like 5

Right here goes

Question for my Americans pyschos (not veum)

Tag @Hollywood E Rock as hes never about xD

With America being a hot country how many of you have air conditioning? being that most things in America are cheaper than rest of the world, I would like to think a fair high percentage here

Thankyou in advance 

Basil 👍

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

Right here goes

With America being a hot country how many of you have air conditioning? being that most things in America are cheaper than rest of the world, I would like to think a fair high percentage here

Thankyou in advance 

Basil 👍

I wouldn't survive our summers nowadays without air conditioning! Been having to to start it earlier and earlier every year, too. I remember as a kid that even into the first half of May or thereabouts it was always kind of a crap-shoot if it was going to be winter or spring days. Now we're getting into the 70s with some 80s in April. June is already starting to feel more like August in my part of Michigan, and we've got another heatwave forecast for next week. 🥵🥵🥵

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

Right here goes

Thankyou in advance 

Basil 👍

I don't come across many homes without it nowadays. I came across many more without it as I was growing up than I do now. My middle school didn't have it and I remember getting days off because of heat. 

Our first home in Denver (which has since been demolished) didn't have it and my in-laws cabin on the lake in northern MI doesn't have it. We were able to deal without it for a while in Denver but eventually purchased a window unit for the bedroom. I find that I can usually deal with the heat so long as I don't have to sleep with it. For that reason, the MI cabin can still get away with not having a/c since the temp drops to a comfortable level at night. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Basil said:

Right here goes

Thankyou in advance 

Basil 👍

@Basil   

And just like that…….I’m here

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

To answer your question I believe it’s pretty standard in most homes & apartments to have some kind of air conditioning unit. If I was to guess probably 80% of Americans have AC. When I was just a kid it was considered a luxury to have a unit in your home. Only folks that where well off financially had them. I remember plenty of hot summers, & we only had fans in the house to stay cool. Not knowing any different it wasn’t really a big deal.

Now today if you are living in conditions without some kind of AC people would tell you “you are putting your life in jeopardy” because of the rise in temperatures during the summer months. I remember the days of not having one in the house, & I certainly wouldn’t want to return to those days. I work in an environment where the AC doesn’t flow well (some days it isn’t on at all) & it’s rough on a lot of employees. I would hate to have to come home after being hot all day at work, & continue feeling no cool air. 

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Basil   

And just like that…….I’m here

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

To answer your question I believe it’s pretty standard in most homes & apartments to have some kind of air conditioning unit. If I was to guess probably 80% of Americans have AC. When I was just a kid it was considered a luxury to have a unit in your home. Only folks that where well off financially had them. I remember plenty of hot summers, & we only had fans in the house to stay cool. Not knowing any different it wasn’t really a big deal.

Now today if you are living in conditions without some kind of AC people would tell you “you are putting your life in jeopardy” because of the rise in temperatures during the summer months. I remember the days of not having one in the house, & I certainly wouldn’t want to return to those days. I work in an environment where the AC doesn’t flow well (some days it isn’t on at all) & it’s rough on a lot of employees. I would hate to have to come home after being hot all day at work, & continue feeling no cool air. 

Agreed, it’s pretty standard today except in the poorest or most rural areas.  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Veum said:

🌚 goodnight to my fellow Psychos who need their rest now…❣️😴🛏 🥱

Sleepy Good Night GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Sorry English room I skipped my good morning this morning… how’d that happen 🤔 

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be very️ hot 🥵humid, muggy ️here my friends…good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠

Under the weather the last couple of days and not proper sleep (this excessive heat is contributing to this also). 🤕 

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

• Like 5