IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Casiusco Yes my friend it's not only incredible but troubling. Humans are very layered as you already understand & when one can’t see passed the first layers of an individual's identity they run the risk of dehumanizing that person.

No, everyone isn’t as lucky as we are. Us knowing this truth also leads to our further appreciation of our own position in the world because our ability to be able to look past the surface was granted to us because of the right circumstances. We don't have this superpower because we're special or better than those who don’t possess it. 

We have it because we were lucky enough to be born at the right time & right place to be able to learn & understand the ability. To be honest I'm still learning how to use the ability. I do like your idea of a VIP card. A card that represents that all of us understand that life is very gray, & what is ugly on the surface sometimes is what's most beautiful underneath.

Your words have made me think.

Just as Plato said that we must return to the cave to enlighten others and help them out, maybe we should share that ability with our fellow men, and start helping them to cultivate it; to improve as persons, and to be able to appreciate beauty a little better and see beyond the appearances that limit other humans.

We should become coaches, or travel the world preaching, if they are still different things, and give that card to those faithful who manage to see the light, and understand what this ability entails.

Help them work day by day to get closer to that intelligent peace that you and I have reached.

Who knows. Maybe we have come to this world for something more important than we thought.

And maybe one day they will dedicate a documentary to us on Netflix.

When-Everyone-Wants-to-Follow-Your-Lead.

• Like 2

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

Spoiler

igP6VPo.jpg

A0yIWa5.jpg

a3Jn2li.jpg

yYsf5dM.jpg

9KyYv1L.jpg

2VVVOYC.jpg

MyqIYTD.jpg

QtBvHBR.jpg

6wHWoZ4.jpg

ZcRO8Yi.jpg

VVI4zPt.jpg

r9WlwUP.jpg

qhQ4qnz.jpg

o9KoFUM.jpg

ZKhcpfJ.jpg

zZP0vvH.jpg

y0vAANY.jpg

@Trianna @Scary Hair

Spoiler

t3DUCP1.jpg

9dm3MFZ.jpg

AZFfexL.jpg

Fgk676K.jpg

rPc0st8.jpg

SuHfFM2.jpg

fGXkEUY.jpg

0UmVJQy.jpg

lMhmcLM.jpg

mw4OO9u.jpg

oYtOTaP.jpg

mJASuxz.jpg

lXq9O2I.jpg

86tpJH2.jpg

mT4k7Iw.jpg

P4dbvq9.jpg

5CRj6wX.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! May your Friday be beautiful, May your weekend be joyful, & May all your moments be wonderful. Happy Friday!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

Reveal hidden contents

igP6VPo.jpg

A0yIWa5.jpg

a3Jn2li.jpg

yYsf5dM.jpg

9KyYv1L.jpg

2VVVOYC.jpg

MyqIYTD.jpg

QtBvHBR.jpg

6wHWoZ4.jpg

ZcRO8Yi.jpg

VVI4zPt.jpg

r9WlwUP.jpg

qhQ4qnz.jpg

o9KoFUM.jpg

ZKhcpfJ.jpg

zZP0vvH.jpg

y0vAANY.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! May your Friday be beautiful, May your weekend be joyful, & May all your moments be wonderful. Happy Friday!

giphy.gif

Morning Psychos have a great day!!!

Oh Yeah GIF

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Casiusco said:

In what you are commenting there is an increasingly important circumstance: the education of the audience. For example, more and more children are having trouble reading long paragraphs, or books that require a little effort or concentration. They are approaching the world accustomed to consuming short and easy messages, where there is nothing to think about. To this you can add the consequences of growing up thinking that the world is what you see on Netflix.

It's not gadgets or streaming platforms are bad, no.. really they are great; but, on the one hand, we accustom children to living in the immediacy, everything now and everything easy; and on the other, despite having more tools and media than ever, we are reducing its variety and horizon more than ever.

I'm not saying that this is always the case at all, not at all. I say that it's something that is becoming more and more common, and that, therefore, it becomes part of the audience.

In fact, even beyond the cinema, it's estimated that a good part of teenagers are not capable of maintaining their attention throughout the duration of a game. For example, they don't follow the 90 minutes of a football game, it's too long, even if their team plays. And there is already an audience problem with football at that ages.

And as there are more and more people like this, or that what they do and what they like is a trend, the audience is mutating, fragmenting, and the offer does too.

It's really sad to see how some parents aren't willing to invest time in their kids education...phone and tablets could be used to educate them playfully if the parent would sit down with them and getting them engaged.

Not all parents are like that of course but lately I see it getting more prevalent. And some kids can't even sit through a 30 min. Youtube video anymore...even if they like the video. And now they got tiktok with short videos, mostly dancing or pranks, nothing to think about which they watch all day. 

I wonder what kind of cinema will appeal to them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Trianna said:

It's really sad to see how some parents aren't willing to invest time in their kids education...phone and tablets could be used to educate them playfully if the parent would sit down with them and getting them engaged.

Not all parents are like that of course but lately I see it getting more prevalent. And some kids can't even sit through a 30 min. Youtube video anymore...even if they like the video. And now they got tiktok with short videos, mostly dancing or pranks, nothing to think about which they watch all day. 

I wonder what kind of cinema will appeal to them.

I'm not sure how the education system is over there where you are, but I think I can understand why a lot of kids are like that given the state of things here.

Teachers are becoming increasingly overworked and underpaid, and universities now function more as businesses and degree-printing factories than anything else.

There's less emphasis on learning and more on exams or assessments. 

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I'm not sure how the education system is over there where you are, but I think I can understand why a lot of kids are like that given the state of things here.

Teachers are becoming increasingly overworked and underpaid, and universities now function more as businesses and degree-printing factories than anything else.

There's less emphasis on learning and more on exams or assessments. 

Underpaid & overworked are certainly true here, too. 

But they already get kids which they can hardly work with, an example:

When I was at my hairdresser once they was a kid beside me, eyes glued on his phone with a video playing during the whole time of the haircut. Even tilting the phone when he had to tilt his head and he couldn't talk coherently. Like it was all just baby talk or more noises than talk. 

When they left my hairdresser told me, that this kid will start school in a few weeks. How should teachers do they job appropriately when they have to start at zero? 

Not saying all teachers are good or the education system is perfect but a lot of problems start even before school and even before kindergarten.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Underpaid & overworked are certainly true here, too. 

But they already get kids which they can hardly work with, an example:

When I was at my hairdresser once they was a kid beside me, eyes glued on his phone with a video playing during the whole time of the haircut. Even tilting the phone when he had to tilt his head and he couldn't talk coherently. Like it was all just baby talk or more noises than talk. 

When they left my hairdresser told me, that this kid will start school in a few weeks. How should teachers do they job appropriately when they have to start at zero? 

Not saying all teachers are good or the education system is perfect but a lot of problems start even before school and even before kindergarten.

This is very true.

And I can only imagine the difficulty in being a parent, but I do agree there's a lot that can be done at home and examples that can be set.

Here, the adults are just bad as the children in terms of being glued to their devices and I think kids can adopt those habits (or think they're acceptable).

I have a friend who has a 'no technology' rule when his kids come home; no phones or devices for a couple of hours and they get to enjoy time together (playing board games, building things, etc.)

It's just harder now in our current lockdown where most of us are stuck in our homes, so you don't get to take kids to the park, outdoor activities, etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

This is very true.

And I can only imagine the difficulty in being a parent, but I do agree there's a lot that can be done at home and examples that can be set.

Here, the adults are just bad as the children in terms of being glued to their devices and I think kids can adopt those habits (or think they're acceptable).

I have a friend who has a 'no technology' rule when his kids come home; no phones or devices for a couple of hours and they get to enjoy time together (playing board games, building things, etc.)

It's just harder now in our current lockdown where most of us are stuck in our homes, so you don't get to take kids to the park, outdoor activities, etc.

You are absolutely right, it's a problem here too. Hell even if adults are meeting with friends they have their phones out.

I also can only imagine how hard it is to be a parent but tossing their kids in front of a TV/tablet/phone just so that they don't get disturbed by them...well why have a child at all then?

And even in times of Corona you could still take a walk outside (here at least) but even when they do...I often see a mother pushing a stroller while on the phone/talking with a friend and the kid also glued to a tablet. Hardly communicating with the child, explaining things to them, teaching them new words and what they are seeing outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Trianna said:

You are absolutely right, it's a problem here too. Hell even if adults are meeting with friends they have their phones out.

I also can only imagine how hard it is to be a parent but tossing their kids in front of a TV/tablet/phone just so that they don't get disturbed by them...well why have a child at all then?

And even in times of Corona you could still take a walk outside (here at least) but even when they do...I often see a mother pushing a stroller while on the phone/talking with a friend and the kid also glued to a tablet. Hardly communicating with the child, explaining things to them, teaching them new words and what they are seeing outside.

It's annoying when you're out walking in public and people aren't looking in front of them, especially those coming toward you or walking on the road. 

I didn't get things like Internet, or a mobile phone or a social media account until much later than a lot of my friends and even I look back wonder how I survived or managed to entertain myself. 😄

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

It's annoying when you're out walking in public and people aren't looking in front of them, especially those coming toward you or walking on the road. 

I didn't get things like Internet, or a mobile phone or a social media account until much later than a lot of my friends and even I look back wonder how I survived or managed to entertain myself. 😄

Well I never want to be the one saying "in my times we hit each other with sticks and were happy about it" 😂 if we had access to phones and tablets in our childhood well I don't know how addicted we would have been 😅 we had game consoles very early though but our parents always set a time limit.

So I don't have anything against giving children access to these devices but it should be limited and the parents should check what their kids are watching. Or use it to play games together. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Well I never want to be the one saying "in my times we hit each other with sticks and were happy about it" 😂 if we had access to phones and tablets in our childhood well I don't know how addicted we would have been 😅 we had game consoles very early though but our parents always set a time limit.

So I don't have anything against giving children access to these devices but it should be limited and the parents should check what their kids are watching. Or use it to play games together. 

Haha, I know what you mean. 

I'm a millennial and I've grown up with these devices just much as anyone else, so I'm no place to be criticising or wishing for the good old days without sounding like a hypocrite. 😄

I guess my main thing is, like the discussion we were having earlier on today's cinema, this issue should be addressed from all areas/angles; from the home, to the classroom, etc. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Casiusco said:

In what you are commenting there is an increasingly important circumstance: the education of the audience. For example, more and more children are having trouble reading long paragraphs, or books that require a little effort or concentration. They are approaching the world accustomed to consuming short and easy messages, where there is nothing to think about. To this you can add the consequences of growing up thinking that the world is what you see on Netflix.

It's not gadgets or streaming platforms are bad, no.. really they are great; but, on the one hand, we accustom children to living in the immediacy, everything now and everything easy; and on the other, despite having more tools and media than ever, we are reducing its variety and horizon more than ever.

I'm not saying that this is always the case at all, not at all. I say that it's something that is becoming more and more common, and that, therefore, it becomes part of the audience.

In fact, even beyond the cinema, it's estimated that a good part of teenagers are not capable of maintaining their attention throughout the duration of a game. For example, they don't follow the 90 minutes of a football game, it's too long, even if their team plays. And there is already an audience problem with football at that ages.

And as there are more and more people like this, or that what they do and what they like is a trend, the audience is mutating, fragmenting, and the offer does too.

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

I feel extremely sorry for the generations that grew up after me, in my little town growing up we were out playing most of each & every day (except extreme weather) & our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins were always close especially the ones living nearer us. The teachers were extremely attentive to us (my fav teacher of all-times, believe it or not was my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Criswell 😘).

We never had any real devices to distract us except the Telly, which I enjoyed tremendously! As I grew up and was in the workforce it was usually only work and sleep 😛).

I did not get my 1st “real” device until after my retirement 😂 

I do not know how I would have turned out if my parents had lived much longer (I still miss them so much to this very day, however I’m going to see them one day in the heavens 🙏 😇). My wife was/is the best thing that has happened to/for me and we are best friends also (even though as we are getting older we are the opposite on almost everything hehe 😜)… I love her so much❣️🥰

I 🙏 for this generation because they need it so tremendously and things have only gotten so much worse here in the USA 🇺🇸 with the extremely vicious violence and politics (I despise the way are society is turning out 😡 😢).

All we can do is carry on and be as good as we can be with help of course from HIM 🙏 !:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

SEXY Saturday

Reveal hidden contents

C79LvUC.jpg

91mZTTX.jpg

gkc0vNz.jpg

qPB8J3X.jpg

FYPGPZJ.jpg

qi5xtt5.jpg

Z4VeQyX.jpg

DsYPv4M.jpg

3mUmnBc.jpg

nyxzHts.jpg

GNtGVlu.jpg

aD5FTpF.jpg

gz0mL2y.jpg

KTiRwUq.jpg

1V0ZgYH.jpg

64iHimx.jpg

VgI64SI.jpg

nkVW9O3.jpg

qixqWWR.jpg

mC7wknU.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Make time for the little things that bring you joy today. Happy Saturday 

giphy.gif

Morning Psychos have a great weekend!!!hulk hogan shaq GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Spoiler

oNzWKSz.jpg

zMkuqpa.jpg

zzV8Q95.jpg

VbkztCr.jpg

yWKBEWy.jpg

eCyPKc5.jpg

NPC2i1E.jpg

Zl4tE8y.jpg

ElJg9gZ.jpg

ztTPUJ7.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Whether you see today as the first day of the week or the last, I hope that you enjoy it & use it to prepare for the days ahead. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7