IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

A wonderful talented gentleman who brought joy to millions .

A fantastic writer and historian Terry Jones Medieval Lives and a later series Barbarians .

The fact that in his last years he lost the ability to communicate at all is truly tragic .

R.I.P Terry Jones

monty python hells grannies GIF

think you may like him @Veum

❤️

And let’s not forget that he directed all of Monty Python’s feature films (except from ‘Holy Grail’ which he co-directed with Terry Gilliam).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Since all the people currently chatting here actually participate in the raffle, let’s hear what you folks would ask Steffen to make you if you were to win (can give two options if undecided).

I honestly do not know, BUT... as it is just a Steel and you have now seen my display, it would HAVE to be Marvel so that I could proudly show it off with a relevant Pop!

I may even go with a Pop! as my inspiration, rather than a Movie 🤔🤓

• Like 2

Just now, Hollywood E Rock said:

UG7ym79.jpg

I need a Blade 2 steelbook something serious! I have a steelbook of the 1st movie & the trash 3rd movie. There is a version that I have ran across on EBay, but I don’t really like the design.

I have the Zavvi Blade trilogy of steels. That is probably the one you’ve seen. This image above was the artwork I had on my DVD copy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I have the Zavvi Blade trilogy of steels. That is probably the one you’ve seen. This image above was the artwork I had on my DVD copy.

@Pbsw23

37KTifJ.jpg

THESE are the ones you’re referring to? 1st & 3rd copy I own already that copy of two I usually don’t see when I search on EBay.

Here’s the copy I keep seeing on EBay is goes for $85 used & over $100 brand new. I don’t like it enough to pay those prices.

RUMeJdR.jpg

JzuMDfU.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

Ah, I see...so you say you might want one of these figurines to be your steelbook art. But since you’ll probably put a disc inside it would have to be a specific movie, no?

Mmmm maybe. But what I meant, is I have a Ghost Rider Pop! For example, so a sweet custom Ghost Rider Steel could be cool. Or perhaps The Wolverine or Iron Man 3. It would seem pointless going for a title in which I already have a WEA Steel to display.

Although... the one thorn in my side is the Blufans Thor Steel. I don’t have it, I would like it, but I am never paying the insane prices I see it listed as. Perhaps that is the answer, a one off Thor Steel.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Pbsw23

37KTifJ.jpg

THESE are the ones you’re referring to? 1st & 3rd copy I own already that copy of two I usually don’t see when I search on EBay.

Here’s the copy I keep seeing on EBay is goes for $85 used & over $100 brand new. I don’t like it enough to pay those prices.

RUMeJdR.jpg

JzuMDfU.jpg

Ahhh Yes! They are the ones. So the Steel has the same art as my DVD did 🤣 Been so long since I looked at it, I couldn’t recall what it was. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I had to choose a movie for my next custom steel (excluding my two remaining Bond steels as per my ‘contract’ with Steffen 😅) it would probably be Dirty Harry - it’s a movie I absolutely adore and I don’t see it getting a Premium or even a nice steel anytime soon.

Goodfellas and Zodiac are also very high on the list but I’m pretty confident a Premium treatment will eventually happen, maybe even this year...hear me Manta? (both WB titles)

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

If I had to choose a movie for my next custom steel (excluding my remaining 2 Bond steels as per my contract with Steffen 😅) it would probably be Dirty Harry - it’s a movie I absolutely adore and I don’t see it getting a Premium or even a nice steel anytime soon.

Goodfellas and Zodiac are also very high on the list but I’m pretty confident a Premium treatment will eventually happen, maybe even this year...hear me Manta?

@R1s1ngs0n

Dirty Harry is a good pick! I would like a Steel of that myself, & all your 007 Steels need to be licensed out to be mass produced because they are 

giphy.gif

I got an email for some new Daniel Craig Bond steels & they are 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have contacted Steffen a couple times last year and i absolutely have a couple steels in mind...not sure if ill share all the ideas 😂

1. Darkest Hour - im a little upset it doesnt have a WEA Steel of any kind

2. Star Wars - i have an idea of a gorgeous steel that has the Death Star on it. Didnt want to give that idea out but i think it would make for a gorgeous steel :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@R1s1ngs0n

Dirty Harry is a good pick! I would like a Steel of that myself, & all your 007 Steels need to be licensed out to be mass produced because they are 

giphy.gif

These Bond steels are very special to me because the art choices are mine (I spent hours digging through the net trying to find any available good art at high resolution), so while it is Steffen who creates the steels and he does give me advice on what would be best/possible to use, I actually have a great deal of creative input. For me it’s much more satisfying than just telling him to look for art and do whatever he wants...no doubt he would have done a great job but it wouldn’t be the same 😉

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:

I have contacted Steffen a couple times last year and i absolutely have a couple steels in mind...not sure if ill share all the ideas 😂

1. Darkest Hour - im a little upset it doesnt have a WEA Steel of any kind

2. Star Wars - i have an idea of a gorgeous steel that has the Death Star on it. Didnt want to give that idea out but i think it would make for a gorgeous steel :) 

I think he better not stumble upon these exchanges because...

over it abandon thread GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

These Bond steels are very special to me because the art choices are mine (I spent hours digging through the net trying to find any available good art at high resolution), so while it is Steffen who creates the steels and he does give me advice on what would be best/possible to use, I actually have a great deal of creative input. For me it’s much more satisfying than if I just told him to look for art and do whatever he wants...no doubt he would have done something great but it’s not the same 😉

@R1s1ngs0n

You’re right it’s not the same. In my opinion that makes them premium Steels. Anytime passion & sincere efforts is put into a creation the outcome is special. Steelbooks don’t need a Full Slip cover or Art cards to be premium, in my eyes it’s about the backstory of how they are designed.

Like with those new Bond steelbooks I was referring to earlier there wasn’t any real passion put into creating them. Just something to throw out to the Collectors who will pick up any & every steelbook. Since companies know that they are going to sell either way smh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Like with those new Bond steelbooks I was referring to earlier there wasn’t any real passion put into creating them. Just something to throw out to the Collectors who will pick up any & every steelbook. Since companies know that they are going to sell either way smh.

The Craig steelbooks are so lazy, I don’t think even a limited print run would make them more attractive to collectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1