• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Guten MORGEN, DEUTSCHLANDERS! Schönen Samstag an alle!

I’ve been trying to figure out why there is so much animosity in the German room towards the movie Barbie, and I do believe that it is a cultural phenomenon that appeals much more to Americans than Germans (or Europeans in general). There has been a HUGE number of new members that were drawn in by the announcement of the Barbie Manta Lab editions, well over 50 new members since the announcement of this Group Buy. That’s really almost unbelievable if it weren’t true, but it is. I regularly greet new members and say hello, and I have barely been able to keep up with the torrent of new sign-ups to be members of MP. 

A simple tally of the people who have ordered the Manta Lab edition is quite surprising. Only THREE people from Germany, ONE from Switzerland and NONE from Austria have made requests, while so far there are 104 requests from the USA. That might say something about the appeal of this movie, whether it’s the humor or the writing or the iconography of Mattel toys…. Who knows??? I am a heterosexual male, and I absolutely loved the movie because it was able to laugh at itself. 

Certainly this will bring up some discussion I hope…

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 13
  • Haha 5

Awards

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Manticore4:

I’ve been trying to figure out why there is so much animosity in the German room towards the movie Barbie, and I do believe that it is a cultural phenomenon that appeals much more to Americans than Germans (or Europeans in general). There has been a HUGE number of new members that were drawn in by the announcement of the Barbie Manta Lab editions, well over 50 new members since the announcement of this Group Buy. That’s really almost unbelievable if it weren’t true, but it is. I regularly greet new members and say hello, and I have barely been able to keep up with the torrent of new sign-ups to be members of MP. 

A simple tally of the people who have ordered the Manta Lab edition is quite surprising. Only THREE people from Germany, ONE from Switzerland and NONE from Austria have made requests, while so far there are 104 requests from the USA. That might say something about the appeal of this movie, whether it’s the humor or the writing or the iconography of Mattel toys…. Who knows??? I am a heterosexual male, and I absolutely loved the movie because it was able to laugh at itself. 

When i look on the streets and tv here in germany, i can say germany has take a way to be metrosexual and over the top gay and tolerant that Barbie seems too dark for this wonderland of kens….😅

• Like 9

Guten Morgen zusammen !

Ich bin grad in der Backstube und backe Pfannkuchen. ;)

image.png.89f60f3a4e18f21a94693f17952035fa.png

Danach Einkaufen und dann mal sehen, was der Tag noch so bringt.

Hm, es ist Samstag, da ist mit Beautyshots von Nils ohnehin nicht zu rechnen.

@extantsrevenge Gell, Nils ?

image.png.62fb81cd0e0669398f2a7287157cfc0b.png

Hab ich mir doch gedacht. Der pennt noch oder schon wieder.

image.png.ccdef11765c19f8928864c0f094ef8bf.png

Ach vergiss es...ging nur um Nüsschen oder sowas...

image.png.8acab9dbb97788e8977a482232dcf0a0.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Manticore4:

Hi Brian, I think the pre-order numbers for the Manta Lab Edition are not representative. And of course not the opinions here in the forum. If you look at the current statistics, Barbie is also the most successful movie in Germany so far this year. Here is a current evaluation from Wikipedia:

IMG_0306.thumb.jpeg.c9a4fedbc002334388982becb6b94a3d.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Gentleman said:

Hi Brian, I think the pre-order numbers for the Manta Lab Edition are not representative. And of course not the opinions here in the forum. If you look at the current statistics, Barbie is also the most successful movie in Germany so far this year. Here is a current evaluation from Wikipedia:

IMG_0306.thumb.jpeg.c9a4fedbc002334388982becb6b94a3d.jpeg

It's similar to the box office here:

ScreenShot2023-10-07at5_07_45pm.thumb.png.13a35b166ec6bd49f5ac04ad157b00e6.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

...Guten Morgen und ein schönes Wochenende! 👌✌️

Bei uns ist Heute Abend KulturNacht! Einige Geschäfte haben geöffnet, Restaurants, Kneipen ect. Überall ist was los und es gibt überall etwas zu essen & zu trinken... 👌

Gute Laune! Viele Menschen, (aber alles noch entspannt) 👌 bei Speiß & Trank und Gute Musik! 👌

doberan_bild_21_newsbilder880x600.jpg

• Like 17