IGNORED

Pacific Rim: Uprising

nefilim

4 hours ago, nefilim said:

SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL , got back from a poop shift and THAT was waiting ??.

Nef I LOVE YOU ??. GIVE HIM A MASSIVE HUG AND KISS for me PLEASE @MrsXena ??.

Newt and Herman back nods to the original , new cast new story NEW FING Jaegers .

My Excited wobble is wobbling ??? 

tenor.gif.1100aabb92c67729f5d9d34c530c2218.gif

“The plan was always to use this movie as a launching pad,” he told the site at NYCC. “If enough people show up to this, we’ve already talked about the plot of the third movie, and how the end of the third movie would expand the universe to a Star Wars/Star Trek-style [franchise] where you can go in many, many different directions. You can go main canon, you can go spin-offs, you can go one-offs. Yeah, that’s the plan. And I would love to see an animated TV show based on this.”

Come on. Take it easy see how this does. OK - says Nef !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 12:06 AM, DodgyDave said:

Been waiting a long time for this. 

Watched the first one the other night in 3D. Just to get warmed up for this. 1f44d.png

Hopefully BF will do another exclusive. The first steelbook and slip were superb.  

I agree, managed to snag it for an amazing price and was extremely happy with it!

• 1 month later...

Wow. What trash. I really enjoyed the first Pacific Rim- I didn't think that it was the most perfect film in the world, but I really appreciate the first film's enthusiasm and craftsmanship.

Uprising was just... a mess. I don't know whether or not to blame Steven S. DeKnight's unprepared jump from TV to film- the absolutely garbage script- or even the same unfocused and tonally off-kilter style that DeKnight seemingly brought over from Daredevil- but Uprising was just an all around wreck of a film, and is completely unbefitting of the first film's effort and detail. I am at a complete loss of words when it comes to describing Uprising- I cannot find a single redeeming quality within it. 

With character motivations questionable at best and confusingly inconsistent for the majority of the film, the absolute least I was hoping for was some entertaining action set-pieces.... however, I can't even find that here. The film's over saturation of colors doesn't add to any form of style like how it adds to something like Mad Max: Fury Road- instead, Uprising just looks completely artificial. The vibrant colors and sleek designs do nothing to compliment the visual aesthetic of the film- and everything just happens to come across as a toy advert. There is no tactility or weight to the jaegers anymore, making the battles themselves feel fake, and the jaegers feel like CGI constructions... the sheer massiveness of the Jaeger's in the original Pacific Rim helped to sell the idea that these mechas existed- and that the immense, lumbering force behind every punch thrown would be truly devastating.... The jaeger's in Uprising do not sell that in any way shape or form. 

Dare I say the core dramatic themes of the original Pacific Rim were also betrayed-- and while I- under no pretenses think of the first Pacific Rim as a character driven movie- I recognize that the core dynamics and themes behind that first film contributed to what makes the film interesting. The first Pacific Rim dealt heavily with the idea of the Jaeger Pilot's own personal confrontation with loss- an aspect that is superficially included within Uprising, but entirely lacking in substance, consequence, or resolution.... as each "character's" own personal conflicts seem to be nothing more than a footnote of things that could otherwise be filed under more incomplete ideas that this film just forgets to finish. 

It pains me to say this- but this is one of the first truly terrible films that I've seen of 2018. 

I would like to see GDT return to do Pacific Rim 3 IF that even happens, but if DeKnight aims to return to this franchise- I'd rather just not have another film. 

3/10

Awards

13 minutes ago, FN-2187 said:

Wow. What trash. I really enjoyed the first Pacific Rim- I didn't think that it was the most perfect film in the world, but I really appreciate the first film's enthusiasm and craftsmanship.

Uprising was just... a mess. I don't know whether or not to blame Steven S. DeKnight's unprepared jump from TV to film- the absolutely garbage script- or even the same unfocused and tonally off-kilter style that DeKnight seemingly brought over from Daredevil- but Uprising was just an all around wreck of a film, and is completely unbefitting of the first film's effort and detail. I am at a complete loss of words when it comes to describing Uprising- I cannot find a single redeeming quality within it. 

With character motivations questionable at best and confusingly inconsistent for the majority of the film, the absolute least I was hoping for was some entertaining action set-pieces.... however, I can't even find that here. The film's over saturation of colors doesn't add to any form of style like how it adds to something like Mad Max: Fury Road- instead, Uprising just looks completely artificial. The vibrant colors and sleek designs do nothing to compliment the visual aesthetic of the film- and everything just happens to come across as a toy advert. There is no tactility or weight to the jaegers anymore, making the battles themselves feel fake, and the jaegers feel like CGI constructions... the sheer massiveness of the Jaeger's in the original Pacific Rim helped to sell the idea that these mechas existed- and that the immense, lumbering force behind every punch thrown would be truly devastating.... The jaeger's in Uprising do not sell that in any way shape or form. 

Dare I say the core dramatic themes of the original Pacific Rim were also betrayed-- and while I- under no pretenses think of the first Pacific Rim as a character driven movie- I recognize that the core dynamics and themes behind that first film contributed to what makes the film interesting. The first Pacific Rim dealt heavily with the idea of the Jaeger Pilot's own personal confrontation with loss- an aspect that is superficially included within Uprising, but entirely lacking in substance, consequence, or resolution.... as each "character's" own personal conflicts seem to be nothing more than a footnote of things that could otherwise be filed under more incomplete ideas that this film just forgets to finish. 

It pains me to say this- but this is one of the first truly terrible films that I've seen of 2018. 

I would like to see GDT return to do Pacific Rim 3 IF that even happens, but if DeKnight aims to return to this franchise- I'd rather just not have another film. 

3/10

I gave it a sad face because it us what I feared so I will stay well away .

One FANTASTIC REVIEW.  TOTALLY Spoiler free . Passionate,  objective and from the heart .

THANK YOU ❤????

I didnt think it was bad.  Not as good as the first but not horrible.  I do agree that there is a shift in style for sure, like mentioned the jaegers in the first were not agile really and in this moving they are more like a transformer type feel to them.  That hurts the flow i think most between the movies.  I fully understand that 10 years is passed so technology has changed but this is one change that I didnt like to see I guess

Awards

3 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

I gave it a sad face because it us what I feared so I will stay well away .

One FANTASTIC REVIEW.  TOTALLY Spoiler free . Passionate,  objective and from the heart .

THANK YOU 2764.png1f44a.png1f44d.png1f48b.png1f48b.png

Thank you! 
Man, I'm glad someone actually bothered to read that.. xD 

I'll try to post more opinion pieces when I can. Normally I can collect my thoughts a bit better given a few days after I see something- but I JUST walked out of the theatre for Pacific Rim and I was just... not feeling it....

2 hours ago, howarmat said:

I didnt think it was bad.  Not as good as the first but not horrible.  I do agree that there is a shift in style for sure, like mentioned the jaegers in the first were not agile really and in this moving they are more like a transformer type feel to them.  That hurts the flow i think most between the movies.  I fully understand that 10 years is passed so technology has changed but this is one change that I didnt like to see I guess

Yeah- I get that. And someone tried to make the same point to me that since so much time has passed- that it's only logical that things are different and that now the Jaeger's are more agile and not avoirdupois any more. But at the same time- I feel that that was a fundamental aspect of what made the film enjoyable. 

It's like.... if they took the colorful lasers out of Star Wars and now the blasters were invisible to the naked eye. Sure, that seems like it could be a big advantage with practical applications- but then the movie isn't fun anymore... 

Awards

On 3/24/2018 at 11:36 PM, FN-2187 said:

3/10

Thanks ! Keep them coming. This is what I'v been reading else where too. Sadly.

Archived