IGNORED

Ex Machina Zavvi Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook

pioneers

• ★ Administrators ★

Another Ex_Machina from Zavvi ?

Have to go some to beat the first Zavvi one. That was a beauty.

White and gloss, a really nice looking steelbook. 

But the more serious point is that Zavvi are just about killing UK steelbook collecting. IMO

Just going back over their old releases and doing them again, and again,  with a cheap and nasty lenti cover, is not good business sense.

In the long term it puts collectors off. It certainly has done for me, and quite a lot of other collectors. Just look at the awful Transformers releases of the last month. Why, oh why, did they bother. 

I keep getting text alerts for all the crap they are bringing out. With the exception of Interstellar, they all get deleted very quickly.

Anyway, rant over. ?

Cynical head on here get ready for the Black Barrons Exclusive ? I'm calling that now ???.

The outrage when the First Zavvi relise went to Italy and then FA . Now its ohh right ??.

Bring the ones on that are begging for steel Pulp Fiction, Strange Days  .The Abyss .

ZAVVI I wish they would get some balls back and take a chance on a title or two .

• ★ Administrators ★

@DodgyDave I hate all the endless rereleasing as well, especially when the last Steelbook was not that long ago and you can get it for or below retail price. If it is a movie I like and has new art like this one, I might consider adding it to my collection. I think that you're completely right, this method is killing the market, they should focus on movies that have no Steelbook yet, instead of making the same stuff again and again. They want to make money fast but don't realise that they only lose customers this way. When I think back how much I ordered from zavvi 2 year ago and how much I order now, they need several new customers to compansate for that.  

• 1 month later...

Archived