Jump to content
IGNORED

Snowpiercer


Recommended Posts

Coming May 17  2020

 

Network TBS TNT / Netflix 

 

Set 6 years 9 months and 23 days from departure after mans failed attempts to reverse global warming with CW 7 .

 

The series is set 11 years before the events in Bong Joon-ho's 2013 cinematic masterpiece of the same name .

 

 

TRAILER 

 

Trailer April 6th 2020

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Coming 2020

 

Network TBS

 

Set 6 years 9 months and 23 days from departure after mans failed attempts to reverse global warming with CW 7 .

 

The series is set 11 years before the events in Bong Joon-ho's 2013 cinematic masterpiece of the same name .

 

 

TRAILER 

 

 

@Scary Hair , like the trailer, I'll probably go ahead and watch to see if I enjoy this series! shrug.gif

 

 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I really hope this turns out well @Scary Hair, as like you I'm a big fan of the film.

Jenny Connelly is definitely a step in the right direction. 😛

 

My biggest worry is they use it to preach more social justice hilarity.

I foresee a very short run if they go that route.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I really hope this turns out well @Scary Hair, as like you I'm a big fan of the film.

Jenny Connelly is definitely a step in the right direction. 😛

 

The thing that is intreaging me is how this is set before the events that we know of from the movie .

 

In the movie in the 18 years it is mentioned that there have been past inserections all failed . Curtis and Namgong Minsoo could easily be included in the series with passengers or people who related to them .

 

From reading the Artbook that goes along with the phenomenal Kimchi one of a kind set Yona's Mum was at the head of the seven seen from the classrooms window .

 

Yes read it thanks to a camera translator app that swaps the Korean into English for me Cow Ufo GIF by Pablo Lopez

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • ★ Administrators ★

@Scary Hair you got Netflix, lots of stuff to catch up for you 😅. You should watch Stranger Things can't go wrong with that 😍.

 

I'm also looking forward to this, I mean it has Jennifer Connelly in it 😍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

OK Gang episodes 1 and 2 now done back to back .

 

why back to back that is how Netflix showed them and NO it was not because i could not work out how to turn it off the end of episode 1  my reaction = baby omg GIF. IT WAS A BIT BLOODY GOOD .

 

 

NO Spoilers 

 

The train OMG THE TRAIN you think you KNOW the train from the movie . OHHHH BOY IT IS THE STAR OF THE stop using inappropriate languageING SHOW 

 

Chris Evans GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

 

Objectively terrifying as it shows what and how the degeneration as time went on how things became rarer in the train .

 

FANTASTIC casting Music and FX 

 

Brutal like the movie and a mix of nationalitys like no other .

 

I hope it keeps up the pace 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

OK Gang episodes 1 and 2 now done back to back .

 

why back to back that is how Netflix showed them and NO it was not because i could not work out how to turn it off the end of episode 1  my reaction = baby omg GIF. IT WAS A BIT BLOODY GOOD .

 

 

NO Spoilers 

 

The train OMG THE TRAIN you think you KNOW the train from the movie . OHHHH BOY IT IS THE STAR OF THE stop using inappropriate languageING SHOW 

 

Chris Evans GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

 

Objectively terrifying as it shows what and how the degeneration as time went on how things became rarer in the train .

 

FANTASTIC casting Music and FX 

 

Brutal like the movie and a mix of nationalitys like no other .

 

I hope it keeps up the pace 

 

 

 

 

Great than I will have to watch it 😁 was waiting for your recommendation before diving in

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, Grendel said:

I really hope this turns out well @Scary Hair, as like you I'm a big fan of the film.

Jenny Connelly is definitely a step in the right direction. 😛

 

My biggest worry is they use it to preach more social justice hilarity.

I foresee a very short run if they go that route.

 

 

The clever thing I think that was used BOTH in the film and series is the fact that IT IS the perfect place to explore the class system . 

As it is a way of travel that today depends on the value of your ticket and the more you pay , the more perks and access to the luxury and opulence . That some have and others will never experience .

 

The start is a clever comic book animation and again no spoilers things and casting are rolling already towards a bigger picture .

 

NOW this is a series so it is quite very different feel to the movie .  Things are more fresh from the train and inhabitants that we already know .

 

as its about 10 years between the storys .

 

Like the movie there are people who will love it and others who will hate it , YES I may have the old  rose tinted glasses GIF by Boo! A Madea Halloween on .

 

MY advise IF you can give it a watch Hungry Yes Please GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Attention Passengers 

 

WE are now over half way through Series one 

 

The Soap opra side is a bit who is in a relationship with who is in my lowly view not needed .

 

Then you get to the meat of the story more questions than answers ,

 

Class war fair perfectly played out in the perfect class system setting ,

 

The more the viewer learns of The Train the more enthralling it becomes .

 

Better than the movie 

 

cat no GIF

 

still worth watching . 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

Attention Passengers 

 

WE are now over half way through Series one 

 

The Soap opra side is a bit who is in a relationship with who is in my lowly view not needed .

 

Then you get to the meat of the story more questions than answers ,

 

Class war fair perfectly played out in the perfect class system setting ,

 

The more the viewer learns of The Train the more enthralling it becomes .

 

Better than the movie 

 

cat no GIF

 

still worth watching . 

 

the question is a secret worth dying for xD 

well thats one line on last ep i saw, but i have to slightly dis agree its about how intense you keep eye on the story lines in the play.

very multi dimensional 

but def the film is no1 without a shadow of a doubt 👍 

 

basil B|

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

OK 2 episodes to go .

 

Episode 8 These Are His Revolutions

 

Everything has now fit into place . while the movie is still above the series .

 

Daveed Diggs as Layton has now filled some very big boots 

 

On 5/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, Grendel said:

I really hope this turns out well @Scary Hair, as like you I'm a big fan of the film.

Jenny Connelly is definitely a step in the right direction. 😛

 

My biggest worry is they use it to preach more social justice hilarity.

I foresee a very short run if they go that route.

 

 

I dont know If You have court this yet @Grendel AND I was getting a bit on the worried side  

 

yet now 

 

Excited Killing Eve GIF by BBC America

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no media reception @Scary Hair, streaming, cable, or otherwise.

Simply because I have enough time sponges to deal with already.

Once the series ends, I'd appreciate a heads up from you as to whether I should keep an eye out for a Blu release.

Sounds like you are once more pleased with the direction it has taken at least, so I'm very happy for you.

I know the film is one of your top faves and would hate to see you disappointed.

 

WRT the BBC Dracula series, I was hoping Zavvi would pick it up as Amaz.uk shipping to Canada right now is sporadic, to be kind.

I'll no doubt order it from Amz.uk this week, if I can, heh.

 

Cheers Luv!  🥰

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

I have no media reception @Scary Hair, streaming, cable, or otherwise.

Simply because I have enough time sponges to deal with already.

Once the series ends, I'd appreciate a heads up from you as to whether I should keep an eye out for a Blu release.

Sounds like you are once more pleased with the direction it has taken at least, so I'm very happy for you.

I know the film is one of your top faves and would hate to see you disappointed.

 

WRT the BBC Dracula series, I was hoping Zavvi would pick it up as Amaz.uk shipping to Canada right now is sporadic, to be kind.

I'll no doubt order it from Amz.uk this week, if I can, heh.

 

Cheers Luv!  🥰

 

With 2 eps to go its a series finale thing so I want to wait on a final verdict before that .

 

TOO many times fantastic series then a WTF Ending infuriating  angry bruce lee GIF.

 

I wont put spoilers eitherinnocent angel GIF by Tinashe  . 

 

We had the streaming ready for this . The kids where on it day 1 like ferrits .

 

Me so far The Wandering Earth X 2 this and 3/4 of Clive Barkers Lord Of Illusions then I reliesd it was the cut version . 

 

To be fair was Snowpiecer worth the subscription so far Ryan Newman Yes GIF by Alexander IRL

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ann;

Yes indeed, the finale for a show, be it a film or a tv series, is as they say "Paramount" to its success.

Do you know if they intend for a 2nd season?

If so, then expect a cliff-hangar ending luv.

 

I look forward to reading your final analysis, one way or t'other. 🙂

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh indeed! @Scary Hair  I will certainly provide my thoughts once I have BBC Dracula and watch it.  🙂

I've heard a few others mention their fondness of the show, so we ain't in isolation here my friend!

I love Dracula shows, hell even Dracula 2000 (Gerard Butler) I thought was very cool!

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Grendel said:

Hi Ann;

Yes indeed, the finale for a show, be it a film or a tv series, is as they say "Paramount" to its success.

Do you know if they intend for a 2nd season?

If so, then expect a cliff-hangar ending luv.

 

I look forward to reading your final analysis, one way or t'other. 🙂

 

 

HEY YOU added Noth to your Language repitour respect fist bump GIF

 

Aye that I am lad HOWEVER 2nd series is part way filmed .

The fact Parasite did so well I feel helped the momentum of the series .

 

I can still get the vibe of Bong Joon Ho Happy Bong Joon Ho GIF by The Academy Awards being involved in the series , it is a great expansion however I am now looking at it as a stand alone away from the movie NOT a linking in to an end point .

CASTING IS BOB ON with everyone now settled in and the story flowing . A LOT of room for growth 

 

 

happy tilda swinton GIF by RADiUS

 

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh indeed! @Scary Hair  I will certainly provide my thoughts once I have BBC Dracula and watch it.  🙂

I've heard a few others mention their fondness of the show, so we ain't in isolation here my friend!

I love Dracula shows, hell even Dracula 2000 (Gerard Butler) I thought was very cool!

 

That was an interesting take on the origin legend to be fair before Butler one I had not come across 

 

shocked michael caine GIF

 

Still have a MOOSIVE soft spot for 

Dracula Untold Vlad Tepes GIF - DraculaUntold VladTepes Shouts GIFs

 

And that Best Buy steel is Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed @Scary Hair, I very much enjoyed "Dracula Untold" and found it far better than some origin stories.

I don't mind when they breathe new blood into an iconic character, as long as they do it with the dignity and respect it is due.

I can't find fault with the film in that regard.

I managed to score the FAC release, which is prime veal.

 

Another Vampire film that I think should get far more exposure and love is;

Byzantium:

Dir: Neil Jordan

with Saoirse Ronan and Gemma AArterton.

 

SteelBook:

 

Byzantium - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

 

 

Incredible acting, great action, very moody plot points and a very satisfying twist ending.  🥰

 

If you have yet to watch it, please put it on your short list.  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Indeed @Scary Hair, I very much enjoyed "Dracula Untold" and found it far better than some origin stories.

I don't mind when they breathe new blood into an iconic character, as long as they do it with the dignity and respect it is due.

I can't find fault with the film in that regard.

I managed to score the FAC release, which is prime veal.

 

Another Vampire film that I think should get far more exposure and love is;

Byzantium:

Dir: Neil Jordan

with Saoirse Ronan and Gemma AArterton.

 

SteelBook:

 

Byzantium - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

 

 

Incredible acting, great action, very moody plot points and a very satisfying twist ending.  🥰

 

If you have yet to watch it, please put it on your short list.  🙂

 

FAC Dracula Untold was my 1st one opened one sealed . One I got from a friend and it means SO MUCH TO ME BEYOND WORDS 

 

Want You Love GIF by FUN WITH FRIDAY

 

 

Byzantium  A FANTASTIC Watch . 

 

 

Saoirse Ronan , Gemma Arterton  As you expect just fantastic play between the 2 .   Corrosive yet protective to the bitter end .

 

A perfect take on a mother daughter relationship questioning who is acting the most responsible at any one time .

 

Daniel Mays ANYTHING at all with him in is QUALITY And well worth putting a bum on a seat and staying there until the end Take ALook Daniel Mays GIF - TakeALook DanielMays Marcus GIFs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well WHAT A RIDE 

 

Jennifer Connelly I have neither liked or disliked her or her movies .

 

She has gone from a Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

 

TO 


 

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

 

WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM

 

NOW A FULL ON FAN 

 

Tnt Drama GIF by SnowpiercerTV

 

 NOW THE SERIES 

 

IF YOU WATCH TRY AND I KNOW IT IS HARD TRY TO MOVE PAST THE FILM .

 

The TV show is an entity in its own right .

 

Roll on series 2 and beyond  One Happy Passenger on The Eternal Engine here 

 

200.gif

 


 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certainly glad to hear that the 1st season was popular enough to spur a second season. 🤗

There's just so many things on this train that can make for incredible stand-alone episodes, that also manage to weave into the over-arching plot.

I'm very much looking forward to the release on Blu and I think we may be fortunate enough to get a Blu for each season, as has been the norm as of late, so hopefully we'll see it pop up this year.

 

There's a few series that are quite long in the tooth at this stage, that I'm awaiting the release of a full Blu set before purchasing, including;

- Supernatural ( I've waited 15 years!, heh)

- Vikings

- ah, damn, my mind just went stupid, I'll need to mention the others later.

 

I'm so very happy to see in the last number of years, television broadcast series significantly up their game wrt production values.

They've finally come to the realization, "hey, Parents, send your 5 yr old kid to bed! This ain't for them!" as opposed to neutering everything until it hits discs.

 

Anyway, just wanted to chime in to show my support for the show and glad to hear it is as good as many anticipated!

Cheers. 🙂

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy